What's Your Dream Car ?
(03-15-2022, 07:04 PM)jack89 Wrote:
(03-14-2022, 09:50 PM)AlNg777 Wrote: Many of these old cars are nice, but where do you get the parts? Sometime ago I had a new Subaru and the engine gasket blew. It took months to get the correct part, so the car just sat there at the dealer's repair shop for about five months.  The car never really worked right after the "repair".

Subarus are notorious for their bad head gaskets.  I had one and had to have it replaced.  I was lucky to have a shop near me that specialized in older Subarus, so it was in and out in a few days.  It might have just been the shop you took it to.  

Some older cars have a huge aftermarket and you can get just about anything for them.  I had a 67 Mustang for years and didn't have any problems finding parts for it.  I had a 66 Galaxy 500 convertible as well. Some trim parts were a challenge, but mechanical parts were everywhere for it.  Less popular cars or very old cars can be a real challenge, but still doable with some patience and cash.
True on the Subaru head gaskets. My sister made a trip to San Miguel de Allende Mexico in her Outback (90 hours there and back) and had to replace the head gasket after she got back. IIRC it was an ordeal with her mechanic also but afterwards she did make another trip South with no problems.

I would love having one of these

World's Cutest Van Ride Along. 1970 Subaru 360 Braves the Freeway!

Quote:1970 Subaru 360 Sambar Van
Engine Specification 2-stroke, inline 2-cylinder, rear engine, air cooled,
isn't just microbus it's very... very microbus, 10 feet long, about 5 feet wide and just shy of 5 feet tall. Super Duper Cool.....
Oh, where are the snows of yesteryear!
Not one you've probably ever seen back East: 
1978 BRAT

Repainted hick blue (what color you going to paint it? IDK, blue?)

The Western White House had a red one
https://youtu.be/SPrgmkOHbAA?t=295

At least the head gaskets didn't leak (only the valve covers)

The Last Edwardian - Vauxhall 30/98

A sporting car which has never known a superior : was a motto attested to be true by the number of survivors in Australia; where they could "swallow long distances with ease".
International Harvester marched to the beat of a different drummer. They built their engines like a diesel with close tolerances throughout, good for 250,000 miles, twice the life of Ford, Chrysler or Chevy. The high nickle content of the engine block made them more durable too. I read that one that was tore down at a 100,000 miles still showed the original crosshatching on the cylinder walls. The engines also run clockwise unlike any other Detroit make which all ran counterclockwise.

Cornbinders were a different animal 

1959 International Travelall "The first full Size SUV"

And they rode beautifully too

‘69 Chevy Chevelle - Candy Apple Blue
https://www.americanmusclecarmuseum.com/...o_1194.jpg
[-] The following 1 user Likes Online_Knight's post:
  • Blind Horus
A 4 banger 5 speed minivan suits me

1994 Dodge Caravan 5MT: Regular Car Reviews

Language warning!
1964 Austin Mini Moke

Built as a parachute-able jeep (rejected though for low ground clearance (Austin's idea for ground clearance problem was that four troops could pick it up and carry it) Nevertheless, despite it's rejection by the military establishment it was embraced by the Jet-set - for example Brigitte Bardot of St. Tropez owned one.
Big Grin 
Oh, easy
1929 Ford Model AA pickup
Or
1957 chevy bel air
[-] The following 1 user Likes Renee Thérèse13's post:
  • Blind Horus

Model A Model B and now Model AA
New to me, absolutely want one now

1933 Ford Model AA Pickup

Bought a 57 Chevy 210 4 door post for