Romans 1: Are those engaged in sodomy that way because of their pride?
1) If so: how fitting that the whole movement is coined “Pride”.
2) It’s like Satan finding a little way to insult God to His face — as if he “stands by” his original ancient rebellion.
3) All the while dragging those made in God’s image through the dirt, making their minds into the playgrounds for demons.
4) It’s all very sad, watching people hold in contempt the things that would TRULY bring them happiness: Truth, humility, sacrifice, obedience, prayer, and, of course, above all things, living a way that’s pleasing to God, and being in constant prayer with Him.
I believe they are that way because it was the cross that God willed to give them. The problem is that opposition to homosexual practice is equated with the disposition of same-sex attraction itself. Therefore, most homosexuals immerse themselves in their sin out of spite because they think religious opposition to practicing homosexuality is a subjective judgment against the homosexual disposition itself. So yes, you could say that pride is a major factor.

I had a couple homosexual friends when I was on Twitter who were basically unicorns, they were traditionalists that maintained sexual continence while decrying the depravity of other homosexuals. They carry their crosses well in a climate which encourages open homosexual practice as a good.

It is very apparent that this emphasis on sodomy in our culture has a demonic element to it. Fr. Ripperger mentioned this when he held a conference at a parish in my diocese last year. He stated that one of the most powerful demons of our age is Leviathan, who is the demon of homosexuality. I would not be surprised to find that many open homosexuals are directly influenced by the demonic to act out against God and His Church. This much is apparent in our culture, where many people are so entrenched in their sins that they even begin taking on physical aspects of their demons.

The most blasphemous thing about the entire "movement" is their usage of the rainbow as a symbol. The one symbol that God gave us after He had destroyed all of mankind, save 8 people, for the crimes of sodomy and fornication. And today, we see a resurgence of these acts tenfold. The next chastisement is going to put the Deluge to shame.
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Put not your trust in princes: In the children of men, in whom there is no salvation. - Ps. 145:2-3

"For there shall be a time, when they will not endure sound doctrine; but, according to their own desires, they will heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears: And will indeed turn away their hearing from the truth, but will be turned unto fables." - 2 Timothy 4:3-4
Funny you mention Father Ripperger.
In one his conferences I believe he mentions some demon named asmodeus or something as being the main demon of that particular affliction in men.
It’s probably in his “Spiritual Warfare” series.
If I recall correctly there’s a separate demon for lesbianism.
Sounds like these demons are in serious need of a hobby or something.
I guess anything to get out of Hell for a bit.
[-] The following 3 users Like FultonFan's post:
  • Augustinian, HailGilbert, jovan66102
There is certainly a spiritual element going on with the cause of this.  Romans 1 could explain the phenomenon happening in adults.

As is fairly widely known now, the American Psychological Association up until 1973 had deemed it a psychological development disorder.

Some times it could be a result of what happened in the early childhood years.

Here is an interesting take from Henry Makow:

Charles W. Socarides, M.D., (1922-2005) was clinical professor of psychiatry at Albert Einstein College of Medicine/Montefiore 

Here Dr. Socarides explained the root cause of homosexuality, i.e. over controlling mothers and abdicating fathers

....I was not surprised to hear this. My long clinical experience and a sizable body of psychoanalysis research tell me that most [homosexuals]are reacting, at an unconscious level, to something amiss with their earliest upbringing- over-controlling mothers and abdicating fathers. Through long observation, I have also learned that the supposedly liberated homosexual is never really free. In his multiple, same-sex adventures, even the most effeminate gay was looking to incorporate the manhood of others, because he was in a compulsive, never-ending search for the masculinity that was never allowed to build and grow in early childhood...

....Once my patients have achieved an insight into this dynamics-and realized there is no moral fault involved in their longtime and mysterious need-they have moved rather quickly on the road to recovery. Their consequent gratitude to me is overwhelming. And why shouldn't it be? They were formerly caught up in compulsions they could not understand, compulsions they could not control. Now they are in charge of their own lives....

https://www.henrymakow.com/2018/06/Excus...20%20.html

Why do gay men tend to have closer relationships with their moms instead of their dads?

https://www.lifesitenews.com/opinion/the-relationship-between-mothers-and-homosexual-sons?utm_source=LifeSiteNews.com&utm_campaign=2f3cabc6b3-Daily%2520Headlines%2520-%2520U.S._COPY_263&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_12387f0e3e-2f3cabc6b3-400674377
(06-05-2019, 06:57 PM)FultonFan Wrote: Funny you mention Father Ripperger.
In one his conferences I believe he mentions some demon named asmodeus or something as being the main demon of that particular affliction in men.
It’s probably in his “Spiritual Warfare” series.
If I recall correctly there’s a separate demon for lesbianism.
Sounds like these demons are in serious need of a hobby or something.
I guess anything to get out of Hell for a bit.

You were correct. Fr. Ripperger did mention it in either his video "Levels of Spiritual Warfare" or his “Spiritual Warfare” series.

And if memory serves, Ven. Fulton J. Sheen taught that the demons take Hell with them. Meaning that since their wills are fixed in evil and disorder, they take it with them wherever they go. They can't escape it and wouldn't want to.
"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected." - G. K. Chesterton
(06-06-2019, 08:55 AM)BC Wrote: There is certainly a spiritual element going on with the cause of this.  Romans 1 could explain the phenomenon happening in adults.

As is fairly widely known now, the American Psychological Association up until 1973 had deemed it a psychological development disorder.

Some times it could be a result of what happened in the early childhood years.

Here is an interesting take from Henry Makow:

Charles W. Socarides, M.D., (1922-2005) was clinical professor of psychiatry at Albert Einstein College of Medicine/Montefiore 

Here Dr. Socarides explained the root cause of homosexuality, i.e. over controlling mothers and abdicating fathers

....I was not surprised to hear this. My long clinical experience and a sizable body of psychoanalysis research tell me that most [homosexuals]are reacting, at an unconscious level, to something amiss with their earliest upbringing- over-controlling mothers and abdicating fathers. Through long observation, I have also learned that the supposedly liberated homosexual is never really free. In his multiple, same-sex adventures, even the most effeminate gay was looking to incorporate the manhood of others, because he was in a compulsive, never-ending search for the masculinity that was never allowed to build and grow in early childhood...

....Once my patients have achieved an insight into this dynamics-and realized there is no moral fault involved in their longtime and mysterious need-they have moved rather quickly on the road to recovery. Their consequent gratitude to me is overwhelming. And why shouldn't it be? They were formerly caught up in compulsions they could not understand, compulsions they could not control. Now they are in charge of their own lives....

https://www.henrymakow.com/2018/06/Excus...20%20.html

Why do gay men tend to have closer relationships with their moms instead of their dads?

https://www.lifesitenews.com/opinion/the-relationship-between-mothers-and-homosexual-sons?utm_source=LifeSiteNews.com&utm_campaign=2f3cabc6b3-Daily%2520Headlines%2520-%2520U.S._COPY_263&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_12387f0e3e-2f3cabc6b3-400674377

This actually makes a lot of sense.
An irrational mother with an aggressive will and a father that just wants to “keep the peace”.
The child then “identifies with the aggressor” so to speak, and takes on the prideful demeanour of the disordered mother.
That’s something important to note.  These men aren’t really “feminine”, they usually have just plain strange personalities.  I would bet very much like their mother’s.