Can someone elaborate on Almighty God being “absolute Truth”.
I can understand God being infinite love and omnipotence and wisdom, etc.

As for Truth, does it simply mean that God possesses within Himself absolute perfect congruity with reality?, viz. completely without error or contradiction.

Is there anything additional I’m missing?
God is absolute act. There is no potential to be found within His being. Act can be equated with truth because it actualizes a thing into existence (makes it to be), therefore it becomes a true reality.
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

'Vanity of vanities, said Ecclesiastes: vanity of vanities, and all is vanity.' - Ecclesiastes 1:2

My blog: https://slavetothesacredhe.art.blog/
Thanks for the response.

Your response brings to mind a discussion of the Holy Trinity that I’ve heard.

Basically God perceives Himself, and brings forth The Son as the perfect manifestation of Himself.  The perfect love between God and His Son is the Holy Ghost.

I could be wrong on something here but I think I’ve written it properly.
I don’t quite understand it, but I can at least repeat the essence of what I heard.
Definitely something to meditate upon and ask for God’s wisdom.
[-] The following 2 users Like FultonFan's post:
  • Augustinian, mpk1987
(06-13-2019, 10:26 AM)FultonFan Wrote: Thanks for the response.

Your response brings to mind a discussion of the Holy Trinity that I’ve heard.

Basically God perceives Himself, and brings forth The Son as the perfect manifestation of Himself.  The perfect love between God and His Son is the Holy Ghost.

I could be wrong on something here but I think I’ve written it properly.
I don’t quite understand it, but I can at least repeat the essence of what I heard.
Definitely something to meditate upon and ask for God’s wisdom.
Yes, that's the way I've heard the Trinity explained as well. St. Augustine also described the Trinity as reflected within man; Father, Son, and Holy Ghost being the memory, will, and the love you feel toward something.

I love meditating on the Trinity because it is impossible to fully understand and so beautiful to contemplate.
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

'Vanity of vanities, said Ecclesiastes: vanity of vanities, and all is vanity.' - Ecclesiastes 1:2

My blog: https://slavetothesacredhe.art.blog/
[-] The following 1 user Likes Augustinian's post:
  • dahveed