Fatima - Origin and Accuracy?
I have done some reading on Fatima, but not enough to line up all the details.  It seems some devout Catholics are still very skeptical for reasons like the image of Jesus having a heavy arm to clobber the world and Mary holding it back, and the accuracy of some of the prophecies.  

But some of what I have read seems pretty accurate too, although vague enough to make looking accurate easier.

One reply I have seen is, It's approve by the Church so it's OK. But the Charismatic Renewal is approved by the Church, and it's not OK - so I'm not overly comfortable with that position. Even though they are optional, it's like the Church says - Go ahead, eat a little poison, some is OK.

Wondering where you all view this one?
I've always been pretty convinced of any approved Marian apparition. I don't think every single one of them pertains to our time by any stretch of the imagination. But I really do think Fatima's 3rd message (was clearly never fully revealed) has something related to the modernism infecting the Church.
Fatima was approved by the Catholic Church while the charismatic renewal is a result of the errors of the post-conciliar Church.

Fatima is legit, over 70,000 people were witness to the miracle of the sun and all of the prophecies of Our Lady came true. She predicted World War II and the spread of Communism and Marxist teachings if Russia was not consecrated to her Immaculate Heart. And Russia never was consecrated, so today we see Marxist ideas run rampant throughout the West. Fatima stands far above the other approved Marian apparitions, and even affirms predictions of previous apparitions such as La Salette and especially Quito.

As for the Third Secret, I firmly believe it spoke of the errors of Vatican II and the coming chastisement. I believe that the prophecies from Our Lady of Akita are identical to what was supposed to have been revealed in the Third Secret. What we were given in 2000 were a total fabrication, as affirmed by Ratzinger's remarks about the secret in the 80s that contradict the ambiguous information we received. And it is also this ambiguity that undermines the supposed Third Secret, as the previous two Secrets of Our Lady were explicit in what they predicted.
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

'Vanity of vanities, said Ecclesiastes: vanity of vanities, and all is vanity.' - Ecclesiastes 1:2

My blog: https://slavetothesacredhe.art.blog/
[-] The following 4 users Like Augustinian's post:
  • Eric F, HailGilbert, Ioannes_L, SeeTheLight
I have listened to this multiple times:

The pieces fit and make sense. It appears in 2000 what they revealed is pretty much a lie. So does this mean every pope since 1960 that did not do his job and reveal it - well, what were they? Sort of hard to trust their motives given this.

Much of what I have heard on Fatima does make sense, but if you come to that conclusion, you almost have to come to the conclusion that the Popes since then have all been part of the problem - and to what degree who really knows?
I read from somewhere that visitors were not allowed to see Sr Lucia face to face since the reign of John XXIII.
Visitors were free to talk to Sr Lucia face to face before that time, but since John XXIII was elected, things changed -- no
one has ever seen Sr Lucia's face again ---- until the 1980s...... That's strange, isn't it ??
(06-14-2019, 10:53 AM)Markie Boy Wrote: I have listened to this multiple times:

The pieces fit and make sense. It appears in 2000 what they revealed is pretty much a lie. So does this mean every pope since 1960 that did not do his job and reveal it - well, what were they? Sort of hard to trust their motives given this.

Much of what I have heard on Fatima does make sense, but if you come to that conclusion, you almost have to come to the conclusion that the Popes since then have all been part of the problem - and to what degree who really knows?

I can agree with that sentiment. All of these popes since John XXIII have been there to drive forward the New Religion through the Conciliar Church while suppressing the true Mass. I think the Novus Ordo has been transformed to be centered on man in order to condition the faithful to worshipping in that way. So that when the antichrist finally appears it will be an easy transition to worship him rather than Christ. But that's just my opinion.

This publication has been very eye-opening on just how integral Paul VI was to transforming the Church: https://www.padrepioandchiesaviva.com/up...rected.pdf
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

'Vanity of vanities, said Ecclesiastes: vanity of vanities, and all is vanity.' - Ecclesiastes 1:2

(06-14-2019, 10:20 AM)Augustinian Wrote: the spread of Communism and Marxist teachings if Russia was not consecrated to her Immaculate Heart.

If I'm not wrong, ten or so days later mr. Ulyanov(Lenin) made his wretched revolution in Russia.
Ite ad Ioseph
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ioannes_L's post:
  • Augustinian
(06-14-2019, 06:02 PM)Ioannes_L Wrote:
(06-14-2019, 10:20 AM)Augustinian Wrote: the spread of Communism and Marxist teachings if Russia was not consecrated to her Immaculate Heart.

If I'm not wrong, ten or so days later mr. Ulyanov(Lenin) made his wretched revolution in Russia.

Close, it occurred just under a month later on November 7th. But the proximity to the warning of Our Lady is insane. I don't understand how there are those who believe the whole thing was made up.

And just to follow-up with my claims about Akita, here's the third message given to Sister Sasagawa on October 13, 1973:
Quote:"As I told you, if men do not repent and better themselves, the Father will inflict a terrible punishment on all humanity. It will be a punishment greater than the deluge, such as one will never have seen before. Fire will fall from the sky and will wipe out a great part of humanity, the good as well as the bad, sparing neither priests nor faithful. The survivors will find themselves so desolate that they will envy the dead. The only arms which will remain for you will be the Rosary and the Sign left by my Son. Each day, recite the prayers of the Rosary. With the Rosary, pray for the Pope, the bishops and the priests. The work of the devil will infiltrate even into the Church in such a way that one will see cardinals opposing cardinals, and bishops against other bishops. The priests who venerate me will be scorned and opposed by their Confreres. The Church and altars will be vandalized. The Church will be full of those who accept compromises and the demon will press many priests and consecrated souls to leave the service of the Lord.

"The demon will rage especially against souls consecrated to God. The thought of the loss of so many souls is the cause of my sadness. If sins increase in number and gravity, there will no longer be pardon for them."

https://olrl.org/prophecy/akita.shtml

This quote makes me question Akita:

"The demon will rage especially against souls consecrated to God. The thought of the loss of so many souls is the cause of my sadness. If sins increase in number and gravity, there will no longer be pardon for them."

If this is true, then God's mercy is finite.  I don't understand how anyone can argue that that is a message consistent with the Gospel.
I have resigned myself to the reality that I shall have no peace or joy should I continue to exist for eternity.  The question of deism or Christianity no longer matters.  I hope that Christianity is a farce, and that when I die, my consciousness will cease to exist.  In the meantime, I ask the Theotokos to be at my side at my judgement and ask her to intercede to, as I beg, Christ to have mercy on me and to allow me to cease to exist when I die.
I guess the key element for mercy and forgiveness is one's willingness to repent. Repent coming from the Greek metanoia - to change one's mind, or change ones values.

In being fair, I'm not sure the message is saying God's mercy is gone - just that if people go so far that they won't come back - then they are out of God's mercy. I think it's a plausible understanding.

I truly wonder - I work in the sport fishing industry. I meet so many people that lavish themselves with tens of thousands of dollars in recreational gear and boats - and skip Church on Sunday to go fishing. And there is always a lust for the newest electronic fish finder for thousands more dollars, even though the old one they have is only a year or two old and works fine. Many tens of thousands of dollars for recreation - and the thought of pausing to help the poor, or a single mom, or something like this almost never comes up in conversation.

I don't know - have we gone so far that many can't see it's wrong - I think yes.