jobs conflicting...
my other job (at walmart) has me scheduled for two consecutive mondays. monday is kind of a big deal because it is the day i have to unload a truck at michaels. i know i can't really work another shift at another place on a truck unload day so i explicitly gave walmart mondays off in my availability. i have even checked the computer system with the store manager to see if that availability registered in the computer system and it did on the 15th. nevertheless, the computer system seems to have missed this. one, i might be able to do pending on when the truck comes at michaels and how big the truck is and how many hours my manager at michaels will need me but the other one is a morning shift which is irritating because the computer system at walmart has me registered as unavailable in the mornings. this is two consecutive mondays that i'm scheduled for that i should not have even been scheduled for in the first place and it is frustrating because it obviously robs me of hours and deliberately conflicts with my other workplace.

i am now considering quitting another job because this is two consecutive weeks that my schedule is now officially registered in the system that it cannot get right. they also managed to somehow override the fact that the system registers me as unavailable on saturdays too. i can't keep working seven consecutive days just because the cost of living keeps rising. when i worked six days a week managing a job at chick-fil-a and michaels it was hard enough.
Dude, you are unloading trucks.  Lots of people can unload trucks.  I can unload a truck (and I am old as dirt).
If you have a scheduling conflict then you have to deal with that. 
But you don't quit a good paying job because you are pissed off about a scheduling conflict.  I don't know about Michaels, but Walmart promotes from within.  Walmart can be a real career. Do you know how much store manages make??   Did I mention that I worked at Walmart once during the Christmas season, in the toy department?  Not a bad job at all.  Pleasant people, reasonable work, not rocket science and decent pay for unskilled work.  Maybe you like working for Michaels better, I don't know, but the point remains.
Better not run thru all the jobs in town....
[-] The following 1 user Likes MaryTN's post:
  • SeeTheLight
(06-15-2019, 04:36 PM)MaryTN Wrote: Dude, you are unloading trucks.  Lots of people can unload trucks.  I can unload a truck (and I am old as dirt).
If you have a scheduling conflict then you have to deal with that. 
But you don't quit a good paying job because you are pissed off about a scheduling conflict.  I don't know about Michaels, but Walmart promotes from within.  Walmart can be a real career. Do you know how much store manages make??   Did I mention that I worked at Walmart once during the Christmas season, in the toy department?  Not a bad job at all.  Pleasant people, reasonable work, not rocket science and decent pay for unskilled work.  Maybe you like working for Michaels better, I don't know, but the point remains.
Better not run thru all the jobs in town....

I've worked at Michaels since November. I've built relationships with people there. I haven't really established that at Wal-Mart.