Went to Mass at a Maronite Catholic Church Today (Sunday)
Went to Mass at a Maronite Catholic Church today (Sunday) and was very impressed. I'd never heard Syriac Aramaic before, this language that Christ spoke, is beautiful and it is used at points one could easily figure out the words in the English from the Offertory and Gloria, for two. The priest was accompanied by two altar-boys and a Deacon and they sure do love their incense!

What impressed me the most was the dignity and reverence with which the Mass is said. One could feel the solemness of Celebration and the priest, always held (except during anything handling the host oriented) a St. Benedict Crucifix in his right hand and Blessed things around him with it, like the book of scripture readings, and frequently during recitation of the Mass prayers.

Very nice. I'll go back, next visit to see my daughters.

BTW: Here's a link to the Church's Website

:comp:
One should have an open mind; open enough that things get in, but not so open that everything falls out
Art Bell

I don't need a good memory, because I always tell the truth.
Jessie Ventura

Its no wonder truth is stranger than fiction.
Fiction has to make sense
Mark Twain

All War is Deception
Gen. Sun

You don't have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body.
C.S. Lewis

Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to be manners.
George Carlin

“In a time of deceit…truth is a revolutionary act”
George Orwell
[-] The following 6 users Like Zedta's post:
  • Augustinian, JacafamalaRedux, jovan66102, Markie Boy, olorin12, piscis
(06-16-2019, 10:28 PM)Zedta Wrote: Went to Mass at a Maronite Catholic Church today (Sunday) and was very impressed. I'd never heard Syriac Aramaic before, this language that Christ spoke, is beautiful and it is used at points one could easily figure out the words in the English from the Offertory and Gloria, for two. The priest was accompanied by two altar-boys and a Deacon and they sure do love their incense!

What impressed me the most was the dignity and reverence with which the Mass is said. One could feel the solemness of Celebration and the priest, always held (except during anything handling the host oriented) a St. Benedict Crucifix in his right hand and Blessed things around him with it, like the book of scripture readings, and frequently during recitation of the Mass prayers.

That's good  :rolleyes: .
I also attended once, their Mass seemed to be very reverent, I'm impressed at how dignified the people dressed.
[-] The following 1 user Likes andalusia's post:
  • Zedta
(06-17-2019, 09:32 PM)andalusia Wrote: That's good  :rolleyes: .
I also attended once, their Mass seemed to be very reverent, I'm impressed at how dignified the people dressed.

Yes, this Church as well, very reverent and people dressed much more conservatively there and this in summer in Orlando, Florida, where it was quite warm, even at the 9AM Mass.
One should have an open mind; open enough that things get in, but not so open that everything falls out
Art Bell

Jessie Ventura

Mark Twain

All War is Deception
Gen. Sun

C.S. Lewis

George Carlin

George Orwell
Back in the late 90's I went to mass at a Maronite Church and it was in Aramaic. Very nice and reverent.
[-] The following 2 users Like Eric F's post:
  • 2HeartsServant, Zedta
I've been to that parish once as well, under the previous pastor. I should go again. 

OP you live in the Orlando area? I'm in Polk County.
(06-19-2019, 10:02 AM)olorin12 Wrote: I've been to that parish once as well, under the previous pastor. I should go again. 

OP you live in the Orlando area? I'm in Polk County.

My daughters and son-in-law and their son live in the Orlando area and I brought them up, along with their brother in that city. I lived there for over 40 years and then moved to Union County, just north of Gainesville in 2012.

:tiphat:
Art Bell

Jessie Ventura

Mark Twain

All War is Deception
Gen. Sun

C.S. Lewis

George Carlin

George Orwell