Irish homosexual prime minister's insult
As many of you may not know the Irish Prime Minister Leo Varadcar is a homosexual who sometimes brings his 'partner' sodomite to political engagements. He has presided over the journey of the Irish into one of the most anti-Catholic countries on Earth today.

In the dail, Irish house of parlament the other day he accusded an opposition leader as being 'like a Parish Priest who teaches against sin and then engages in all types of sins behind the altar.
Another good reason we need the Tridentine Mass. No messing about "behind" the altar. Cause there is no behind the altar.
In all seriousness though... We are all sinners, but it always strikes me when those who dabble in grave sin throw the first stone...
[-] The following 4 users Like ThatGladTrad's post:
  • alright, cassini, josh987654321, St.Eliza
(07-06-2019, 08:52 AM)ThatGladTrad Wrote: Another good reason we need the Tridentine Mass. No messing about "behind" the altar. Cause there is no behind the altar.
In all seriousness though... We are all sinners, but it always strikes me when those who dabble in grave sin throw the first stone...

The phrase “behind the altar” means “in the sacristy.”  Usually I hear older parishioners say that when someone is looking for the priest, who is in the sacristy vesting for Mass and should not be disturbed. It’s a rather dated phrase in the US, but perhaps is more widely understood in Ireland.

The Prime Minister was referring to priests who preach against sin from the pulpit, but freely engage in sin when the parishioners generally can’t see him.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Credidi Propter's post:
  • Melkite
(07-06-2019, 05:04 AM)cassini Wrote: As many of you may not know the Irish Prime Minister Leo Varadcar is a homosexual who sometimes brings his 'partner' sodomite to political engagements. He has presided over the journey of the Irish into one of the most anti-Catholic countries on Earth today.

In the dail, Irish house of parlament the other day he accusded an opposition leader as being 'like a Parish Priest who teaches against sin and then engages in all types of sins behind the altar.

Perhaps he's speaking from personal experience?  If homosexuality isn't something you're born with, but develop because of childhood sexual abuse...
I have resigned myself to the reality that I shall have no peace or joy should I continue to exist for eternity.  The question of deism or Christianity no longer matters.  I hope that Christianity is a farce, and that when I die, my consciousness will cease to exist.  In the meantime, I ask the Theotokos to be at my side at my judgement and ask her to intercede to, as I beg, Christ to have mercy on me and to allow me to cease to exist when I die.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Melkite's post:
  • St.Eliza
(07-06-2019, 12:58 PM)Credidi Propter Wrote:
(07-06-2019, 08:52 AM)ThatGladTrad Wrote: Another good reason we need the Tridentine Mass. No messing about "behind" the altar. Cause there is no behind the altar.

The phrase “behind the altar” means “in the sacristy.”  Usually I hear older parishioners say that when someone is looking for the priest, who is in the sacristy vesting for Mass and should not be disturbed. It’s a rather dated phrase in the US, but perhaps is more widely understood in Ireland.

The Prime Minister was referring to priests who preach against sin from the pulpit, but freely engage in sin when the parishioners generally can’t see him.
I didn't know the history of the word, I'm also not a native English speaker (or at least not from an anglophone country), but I still understood what the Prime Minister was saying. I was just making a joke. Wink
(07-06-2019, 02:22 PM)ThatGladTrad Wrote:
(07-06-2019, 12:58 PM)Credidi Propter Wrote:

I didn't know the history of the word, I'm also not a native English speaker (or at least not from an anglophone country), but I still understood what the Prime Minister was saying. I was just making a joke. Wink

Ok. I couldn’t tell. I’m not sure many people under 70 would understand what that phrase means, even if their native language is English, so an explanation still seems proper.
(07-06-2019, 05:04 AM)cassini Wrote: As many of you may not know the Irish Prime Minister Leo Varadcar is a homosexual who sometimes brings his 'partner' sodomite to political engagements. He has presided over the journey of the Irish into one of the most anti-Catholic countries on Earth today.

1. I think the opposition leader can (or at least should) be able to take it.
2. This was more an insult against the opposition leader than anything else. The problem is that the PM's insult makes absolutely no sense. It is a fallacy of equivocation. It jumps to the wrong conclusion. Priests who abuse men yet preach against homosexuality are hypocrites. Therefore, all people who preach against homosexuality must be hypocrites. Do you see the dilemma? There is no substantiated evidence that all people who preach against homosexuality abuse young men.
3. If he is referencing hypocrisy in general in his insult, this shows the liberal problem. The liberals indict an entire race on their past family members' sin (the white one particularly, and without distinction--Caucasians are evil), yet liberals also want to imagine that sin is a mere matter of religious belief. You can quickly see that we are about to go into some dystopian reality with them that sembles the chaos of "The Purge" more than anything else. If nothing is sin then murder is moral. Drowning