Wild Claim: California to Crack in Two; Portion to Submerge in Ocean
I was born and raised in SoCal and I've lived through a few EQs and wildfires that seem to plague the state. I haven't lived there since the mid-70s, but I have family still remaining there, a niece and nephew and their families still live there and they are both LA County Deputy Sheriffs. The article below is a decent one, especially given current conditions in Southern California these days. I don't recall a time when the ground was literally ringing with EQs as it does today, but there were always the 'prognosticators' who predicted the times that are currently upon us in SoCal.

Perhaps the 'Big One' IS upon us!?

Interesting article and one that would not be seen as so 'alarmist' in current conditions, this:

Keyboard Warrior

Article: Wrote:Link to Original Article

WILD CLAIM: California to Crack in Two; Portion to Submerge in Ocean
[url=https://halturnerradioshow.com/index.php/en/component/spauthorarchive/][/url]09 July 2019 

The Hal Turner Radio Show received a warning from a scientist who works at CalTech, for the Division Office of Geological and Planetary Sciences.  This person says that the recent large earthquakes, and ongoing aftershocks  -- which now total above six-thousand -- along with satellite/GPS land-movement monitors, prove that California is cracking into two pieces, and the western piece will submerge into the Pacific Ocean.

This person is screaming that people should EVACUATE CALIFORNIA IMMEDIATELY. 

His exact words were:
"They're NOT gonna warn people. There is not enough time to evacuate everyone. GET OUT NOW! The whole state is about to crack in two. Please listen."

This person did not state WHEN this alleged catastrophe is going to take place.  This person did not name any particular LOCATION points within the state which would mark the location of such a catastrophe.  This person did not provide any data sets, GPS maps, or other scientific data to support this claimed pending catastrophe.  In short, this is nothing but a wild, unsubstantiated claim.

I do not imagine that rational people would suddenly uproot their lives and evacuate without having proof.  Evidence.  Data.  

I pass this along to convey the urgency expressed by this scientist, his ardent belief this is going to take place, and to let folks see that there is a massive variance between what some experts interpret as taking place with these massive earthquakes, versus what other experts interpret as taking place.

Folks will have to do their own research and come to their own conclusions.
One should have an open mind; open enough that things get in, but not so open that everything falls out
Art Bell

The individual is handicapped by coming face to face with a conspiracy so monstrous that he cannot believe it exists.
J Edgar Hoover

I don't need a good memory, because I always tell the truth.
Jessie Ventura

Its no wonder truth is stranger than fiction.
Fiction has to make sense
Mark Twain

If history doesn't repeat itself, it sure does rhyme.
Mark Twain
LORD BRING ARIZONA BAY
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

'Vanity of vanities, said Ecclesiastes: vanity of vanities, and all is vanity.' - Ecclesiastes 1:2

My blog: https://slavetothesacredhe.art.blog/
[-] The following 1 user Likes Augustinian's post:
  • Zedta
While I would gladly dispose of California, the sad truth is that the problem(s) would just relocate to Nevada, Arizona, Colorado, Texas, and the east coast. No way the problem(s) sink into the ocean with the land.

Actually, that relocation is already happening anyway. The taxes are doing what the faults likely won't.
Filioli mei, non diligamus verbo neque lingua, sed opere et veritate.

Vos omnes amatores pulcherrimae linguae ecclesiae nostrae, videte filum quo de rebus sanctis profanisque colloqui possumus.
[-] The following 3 users Like Filiolus's post:
  • Fontevrault, HailGilbert, Zedta
(07-09-2019, 12:31 PM)Filiolus Wrote: While I would gladly dispose of California, the sad truth is that the problem(s) would just relocate to Nevada, Arizona, Colorado, Texas, and the east coast. No way the problem(s) sink into the ocean with the land.

Actually, that relocation is already happening anyway. The taxes the cost of living, especially housing, is are doing what the faults likely won't.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Miriam_M's post:
  • Zedta
Wink 
Yeah, yeah, yeah, they have been promising this since the 70's. Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like MaryTN's post:
  • HailGilbert, Zedta
Don't be scared be prepared is what Dutchsinsise sez (the gong in the background signifies a earthquake in progress, one bong pre magnitude).

Oh, where are the snows of yesteryear!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Blind Horus's post:
  • Zedta
I would be more worried about the tsunami threat up by Seattle and the tension building from subduction up there.

Also those volcanos spit out andesitic lava rich in silica (high viscosity) which means instead of flowing it explodes. St Helens was a very very small eruption when compared to past eruptions in the rock record.

Touching on the article this is in stark contrast to the USGS opinion and most geologists including me.

https://www.usgs.gov/faqs/will-californi...e_products

Quote:Will California eventually fall into the ocean?

No, California is not going to fall into the ocean. California is firmly planted on the top of the earth’s crust in a location where it spans two tectonic plates.

The San Andreas Fault System, which crosses California from the Salton Sea in the south to Cape Mendocino in the north, is the boundary between the Pacific Plate (that includes the Pacific Ocean) and North American Plate (that includes North America). These two plates are moving horizontally, slowly sliding past one another.
The Pacific Plate is moving northwest with respect to the North American Plate at approximately 46 millimeters per year (the rate your fingernails grow). The strike-slip earthquakes on the San Andreas Fault are a result of this plate motion.

There is nowhere for California to fall, however, Los Angeles and San Francisco will one day be adjacent to one another!

It's true though the taxes will drive them out long before anything else.
"The Eucharist is the Sacrament of Love; it signifies love, It produces love. The Eucharist is the consummation of the whole spiritual life." -St. Thomas Aquinas

“To be tempted is a sign that the soul is very pleasing to the Lord.” St. Padre Pio
Or as I said to my husband last night: if California breaks off and falls into the ocean, the hand of God was involved.
Adoption, Home School, and Catholic Family Life:  StolenPears.com
[-] The following 1 user Likes Fontevrault's post:
  • SeeTheLight
I like California wine and San Diego. So everything from San Francisco down to the San Diego area can feel free to drop into the ocean.
Blood of Christ, relief of the burdened, save us.

“It is my design to die in the brew house; let ale be placed in my mouth when I am expiring, that when the choirs of angels come, they may say, “Be God propitious to this drinker.” – St. Columbanus, A.D. 612

[Image: 2lq3.png]