Deplorable!
When did I sign up? Ten days ago? It was a big step, that felt like a nudge. I realized that if I want real Catholic talk; I need to talk with like-minded people. And that ole opportunist, Reality, tapped me on the shoulder, suggesting that I have more in common with those people who call themselves "Traditional Catholics" than I was admitting.  Not with that bigger, happy bunch that keeps kicking me off their big forum (or at least, erasing my thoughts so that nobody can see them. Censored ) 

But, I complained: Not some fringe!  (I don't want to be fringe. I want to be the fluffy blanket!) I ignored myself. Here I am.  Hi!

So I had to overcome that cringe to sign up here.  And since I did not come here to be a gawker, a fighter, a pontificator or a shill, I rather quickly got the idea that I was going to feel at home here, which means I am going to have to admit to the label, and accept all the trash thrown at it.  

Okay, as if identifying as Trad wasn't bad enough (the paint is not even dry on the sign yet!), today I see this latest from Michael Voris, and see that the trash I agreed to take on includes taking on another crappy label. Hoo boy. I watched the start of this with sad resignation that I am in yet another bad category. Deplorable?! Gee whiz. As I listened, I dejectedly had to admit that this was my category in this war.

Then I listened some more. And I began realize, I like this camp. This is where I belong. 
And by the end of the video, I know: 

Thank you SO much!  I am PROUD to be D E P L O R A B L E ! ! !   Cheerleader

It's a good thing.  Cool

[That's pretty far to come in ten days. The Lord has been speeding things up lately.]

And here's our good Michael Voris: https://www.churchmilitant.com/video/epi...eplorables
[-] The following 7 users Like St.Eliza's post:
  • Fontevrault, josh987654321, jovan66102, LionHippo, MyLady, Paul, Roger Buck
Welcome to the forum, and don't ever forget what our Lord said about how the world would treat those that choose to follow Him. It's just as true now as it was 2000 years ago.
[-] The following 8 users Like Paul's post:
  • antiquarian, Augustinian, Fontevrault, Jeeter, jovan66102, MaryTN, Roger Buck, St.Eliza
Welcome, don't worry about the "traditionalist" label. If you seek to follow what the Church has consistently been teaching for over 2,000 years, then you're just a good Catholic.
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

“Behold this Heart which has so loved men that It spared nothing, even going so far as to exhaust and consume Itself to prove to them Its love” - Our Lord to St. Margaret Mary

My blog: https://slavetothesacredhe.art.blog/
[-] The following 4 users Like Augustinian's post:
  • jovan66102, MaryTN, Roger Buck, St.Eliza
This prayer will be the best option in every “battle” you have: https://www.ewtn.com/Devotionals/prayers/humility.htm

Get as much Sanctifying Grace in your soul as possible, and fight every battle with love.
The demons are incapable of understanding humility.
Be humble always, and they’ll get sick of you prett quick.
If you get yourself riled up into a frenzied anger, the demons will latch onto your imagination, and you’ll quickly find yourself in sinfully in anger, and the demons will be in their glee.
Stay humble and they’ll quickly get bored of you, and you’ll be far more pleasing to God.
[-] The following 3 users Like FultonFan's post:
  • Catherine, GodsGrace, St.Eliza
At first it felt almost as if I were reading my own thoughts. It is nice God is nudging us all together.
This is so far from my nature and I wouldn’t be here otherwise.

On the topic of labels: they are far from my mind. I am a Catholic first and most. The rest is just decor. A waste of time. A lot of things can distract us from the important things in life I think this is one of those things. Perhaps it is just me. Do these labels aide you in your spiritual growth?

FultonFan gives such beautiful advice.
[-] The following 2 users Like GodsGrace's post:
  • LionHippo, St.Eliza
You know, during WWII the Nazi's called the Australians fighting against them in Libya the 'Rats of Tobruk' and the Aussies took that name as a badge of honor and still do to this day.

If being pro-life, anti-sodomy, Traditional Catholic (seeking to worship as the saints did).... is 'deplorable' or as Clinton would say 'irredeemable' too, then I'm offended not to be referred to as such... proud deplorable here. Big Grin

God Bless
"Behold the Heart that has so loved men that it has spared nothing, even to exhausting and consuming Itself, in order to testify Its love; in return, I receive from the greater part only ingratitude, by their irreverence and sacrilege, and by the coldness and contempt they have for Me in this Sacrament of Love. But what I feel most keenly is that it is hearts which are consecrated to Me that treat Me thus.” - St. Margaret Mary. Ignored by King of France Culminating in French Revolution.

"Charity concert at Cdl. Schonborn's Cathedral features shirtless actor dancing on Communion rail" - Dec 4, 2018

[-] The following 3 users Like josh987654321's post:
  • MaryTN, Roger Buck, St.Eliza
What Catholics once were, we are, If we are wrong, then Catholics through the ages have been wrong.

We are what you once were. We believe what you once believed.

We worship as you once worshipped. If we are wrong now, you were wrong then. If you were right then, we are right now.

Robert De Piante
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

[-] The following 2 users Like jovan66102's post:
  • Jeeter, St.Eliza
(07-09-2019, 05:20 PM)Augustinian Wrote: Welcome, don't worry about the "traditionalist" label. If you seek to follow what the Church has consistently been teaching for over 2,000 years, then you're just a good Catholic.

Thanks, Augustinian. My dislike of the term (which did influence my thoughts and actions) was a tiny thing. Tiny things can trip us up and get in the way of things that really matter, like truth and reality. I think maybe they have more control of us if we don't acknowledge them, or think they are too tiny to notice. When we see them then we can deal with them.
(07-09-2019, 07:54 PM)FultonFan Wrote: This prayer will be the best option in every “battle” you have: https://www.ewtn.com/Devotionals/prayers/humility.htm

Get as much Sanctifying Grace in your soul as possible, and fight every battle with love.
The demons are incapable of understanding humility.
Be humble always, and they’ll get sick of you pretty quick.
If you get yourself riled up into a frenzied anger, the demons will latch onto your imagination, and you’ll quickly find yourself in sinfully in anger, and the demons will be in their glee.
Stay humble and they’ll quickly get bored of you, and you’ll be far more pleasing to God.

Thank you for reminding me of the Litany of Humility. It was a powerful help to me in a difficult period a long time back. Yes, this will help me to prepare for the insults when they come! My experience with the Litany of Humility was during a time when unfair and humiliating things were happening to me. This litany was highly recommended and I prayed it daily, even though it seemed extremely strange at first! (Why would one pray for these awful things, which we can get free everyday?)  

I had proof God had poured out these graces on me, that I had been asking Him for in the Litany, when one day I was "set aside" or ignored in a rude way, and my immediate reaction, rather than hurt, was a little surge of joy and my humorous prayer of thanks, "Thank you so much, Lord! It's exactly what I have been praying for!" I felt the Lord laugh with me, and I also felt His heart glad that I was truly grateful for His gift. A sweet moment of intimacy with our Lord that made the insult a very small thing indeed.

Truly our ways are not God's ways and we have to pray to want His ways

Your advice here is lovely and it is a blessing, and it shows me I still need this Litany.  I will remember it. It soudns liek the truth, and good to know in these times when so many let the demons b e lord over their lives:

"The demons are incapable of understanding humility.

Be humble always, and they’ll get sick of you pretty quick."
(07-09-2019, 09:12 PM)GodsGrace Wrote: At first it felt almost as if I were reading my own thoughts. It is nice God is nudging us all together.
This is so far from my nature and I wouldn’t be here otherwise.

On the topic of labels: they are far from my mind. I am a Catholic first and most. The rest is just decor. A waste of time. A lot of things can distract us from the important things in life I think this is one of those things. Perhaps it is just me. Do these labels aide you in your spiritual growth?

What a sweet thought about God nudging us. Yes, I think you are right!

As to the labels/aide question - They aide me insofar as recognizing my feeling about the label helped me overcome a tiny obstacle, in the way I just explained it to Augustinian. It's a small way of conquering self - that continual battle.