New guy, coming through!
When I used to study journalism, they said "A journalist is only good for a single exclamation point in their career". Guess it's a good think I didn't become a journalist!

Instead I became Catholic(!)
I converted last year and I've never been happier with a decision in my life.

When I first visited a Catholic Church I expected Mass to be in Latin and the laity to be reverent.
So imagine my surprise.

When I discovered the traditional Latin Mass later, it was like finally seeing how it was all connected, for a lack of better words.

I go to the Novus Ordo on a regular basis and visit the TLM as often as possible. Usually about once a month. 

I serve as an altar server/ acolyte in both forms of the Mass.
[-] The following 4 users Like ThatGladTrad's post:
  • andalusia, Bonaventure, Credidi Propter, ludusdomesticus
ThatGladTrad, glad you're here! How did you come across the TLM? How disappointed were you when you converted and saw nothing but the Novus Ordo? What did you convert from (atheism, Protestantism...?)
T h e   D u d e t t e   A b i d e s
Welcome!
"The Eucharist is the Sacrament of Love; it signifies love, It produces love. The Eucharist is the consummation of the whole spiritual life." -St. Thomas Aquinas

“To be tempted is a sign that the soul is very pleasing to the Lord.” St. Padre Pio
Welcome to the Tank.
Eternal Father, I offer Thee the most precious blood of Thy Divine Son, Jesus, in union with the Masses said Throughout the world today, for all the holy souls in Purgatory. Amen.
(07-10-2019, 04:54 AM)VoxClamantis Wrote: ThatGladTrad, glad you're here! How did you come across the TLM? How disappointed were you when you converted and saw nothing but the Novus Ordo? What did you convert from (atheism, Protestantism...?)

I'm pretty sure I discovered the (diocesan) TLM through a discussion about reception of the Eucharist with some SSPX adherents on Facebook. I invited myself to an SSPX Mass (that's before I knew the Diocese had approved TLM closer to me).
But it's over a year ago that I started looking into it.

I'm a convert from nothing. I was baptised Lutheran, but never practised anything. I was a proper atheist (little a) without the stupid, preachy part.

I think I accepted the Novus Ordo until I figured out that it wasn't the Latin Mass in the vernacular. It all felt too simple somehow, though. Compared with the rich traditions I'd read about and the liturgy I'd seen in film.
[-] The following 2 users Like ThatGladTrad's post:
  • jovan66102, VoxClamantis
Resident nitpicker here. Unless you have been instituted as an Acolyte by your Bishop, you serve as an altar server in both forms of the Mass.

But, welcome home and welcome to the Tank! Enjoy your swim.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

[-] The following 1 user Likes jovan66102's post:
  • redneckpride4ever
Welcome aboard!

I was also once a small a atheist. Then I grew up.
(07-10-2019, 05:20 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: Resident nitpicker here. Unless you have been instituted as an Acolyte by your Bishop, you serve as an altar server in both forms of the Mass.

But, welcome home and welcome to the Tank! Enjoy your swim.

Of course you're right. The point I was trying to make is that I take the "role" of first or second acolyte when serving the EF Mass. Of course I'm only an altar server. Wink
(07-10-2019, 03:26 AM)ThatGladTrad Wrote: Instead I became Catholic(!)
I converted last year and I've never been happier with a decision in my life.

We could certainly use more soldiers in this battle, many of our Generals are waving the white flag and telling us to lay down our arms (heretics among the hierarchy) other Generals are silent or have no idea what to do, many of the Troops are confused and many have even changed side and are trying to deceive the other troops into doing likewise.

(07-10-2019, 03:26 AM)ThatGladTrad Wrote: When I first visited a Catholic Church I expected Mass to be in Latin and the laity to be reverent.
So imagine my surprise.

sad I still attend NO as we don't have an alternative here, if a TLM were to open up here I would ditch NO so fast. In the mean time I try to show as much reverence as possible toward Christ in the Holy Eucharist, and our NO parish is thankfully not near as bad as others I've seen or heard of.

Welcome to the forums mate, always happy to see another faithful Catholic. Smile

God Bless You
Jesus to St Faustina:

"For you I descended from heaven to earth; for you I allowed myself to be nailed to the cross; for you I let my Sacred Heart be pierced with a lance, thus opening wide the source of mercy for you. Come, then, with trust to draw graces from this fountain. I never reject a contrite heart." (Diary, 1485)

"Remember My Passion, and if you do not believe My words, at least believe My wounds." (Diary, 379)

"It is in My Passion that you must seek light and strength." (Diary, 654)