Good news: Building a Home Worthy of The Immaculata
Quote:The largest SSPX church ever built is unveiled, Archbishop Lefebvre speaks in English about his hopes for St. Mary’s, and rare historical footage of St. Mary’s is shown. Help build the Immaculata by donating at http://anewimmaculata.org/

"Not only are we all in the same boat, but we are all seasick.” --G.K. Chesterton
[-] The following 5 users Like JacafamalaRedux's post:
  • Alphonse il Segundo, Augustinian, Ioannes_L, Roger Buck, SeekSalvation
I'm not in Kansas, but this makes me so happy. Folks, in these bad times Tradition ain't going nowhere. As the old regime crumbles,  we'll stand our ground. Deo gratias.
"Not only are we all in the same boat, but we are all seasick.” --G.K. Chesterton
[-] The following 3 users Like JacafamalaRedux's post:
  • Augustinian, LionHippo, Roger Buck
Now I just need to convince my wife we need to move to Kansas...
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

“Behold this Heart which has so loved men that It spared nothing, even going so far as to exhaust and consume Itself to prove to them Its love” - Our Lord to St. Margaret Mary

My blog: https://slavetothesacredhe.art.blog/
[-] The following 1 user Likes Augustinian's post:
  • JacafamalaRedux
While I'm happy for this blessing to the people of St. Mary's I can't forget the Roman faithful and their tiny chapel.
My wife and I intend to take a trip in a few years after the completion.
[-] The following 1 user Likes redneckpride4ever's post:
  • JacafamalaRedux
I hope I live to see it. The little chapel they have is beautiful, but a gym is not a great venue for Feast Day Masses. When I was there for Christ the King last year, even the gym was packed!
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

[-] The following 1 user Likes jovan66102's post:
  • JacafamalaRedux
(07-13-2019, 12:55 PM)Augustinian Wrote: Now I just need to convince my wife we need to move to Kansas...

Hope you can work anywhere with your job. That small town has no economy to speak of and the jobs just aren't there.
(07-15-2019, 08:45 PM)HeadRusch Wrote:
(07-13-2019, 12:55 PM)Augustinian Wrote: Now I just need to convince my wife we need to move to Kansas...

Hope you can work anywhere with your job. That small town has no economy to speak of and the jobs just aren't there.

I wonder how other families are managing.
It's a 30-35 minute drive to either Topeka, the state capital, or Manhattan, which  has a major university. There's plenty of work in the area.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'