Staying with grandmother who remarried years ago?
So would like some advice.  I am traveling out of state with two of my kids and was thinking about staying with my grandmother.  She was raised Catholic, got divorced when “I” was a child to my grandfather.  Remarried before I meet my wife or had kids.  So been remarried for around 15-20 years.  Grandfather has since died but I don’t think she practices the faith, so never got married in the church after his death I would imagine.  My kids and wife only know of my grandmother with her new husband.  So as Catholics are we called to avoid staying with a person in this situation?  

Just an FYI, I am unsure of how practicing other relatives are in the area.  I don’t know if anyone attends mass regularly or even at all.

So are we called to not stay with relatives who have fallen away?  Obviously I understand it might be different if this was a newer situation but since it’s so old, don’t know what to do.  Any ideas?
Honestly I don't see any problem with it. You're not cooperating in any evil in any way by staying with her.

The main thing is to make sure your kids don't consider divorce and remarriage an "ok" thing; they need to be properly catechized. But depending on your children's ages, unless they bring up your Grandmother's circumstances themselves, I'm not even sure you need to address it with them.
Filioli mei, non diligamus verbo neque lingua, sed opere et veritate.

Vos omnes amatores pulcherrimae linguae ecclesiae nostrae, videte filum quo de rebus sanctis profanisque colloqui possumus.
[-] The following 2 users Like Filiolus's post:
  • jovan66102, MaryTN