What’s the best OTC headache medicine?
I usually only get them if I haven’t slept well.
With a newborn, solid sleep can be a challenge at times, although I must be honest that my wife does most of the nighttime work.
However, there are still some harder nights.
Anyway, what’s best for headache?
Advil? Aleve? Tylenol? Aspirin?
My personal favorite for pain relief is good ol' Aspirin. Its hard to overdose on, you really need to take a LOT to OD and of the group of NSAIDs ( Ibuprophen et al) it is probably the least toxic. Basically, OD is when your ears start ringing, with Aspirin. As with all NSAIDs, they can make your blood less likely to clot by interfering with platelet agglutination.

As for headaches, often a good neck rub , quiet and cool enviornment, comfortable recliner, are great headache easers and without the drugs.
One should have an open mind; open enough that things get in, but not so open that everything falls out
Art Bell

The individual is handicapped by coming face to face with a conspiracy so monstrous that he cannot believe it exists.
J Edgar Hoover

I don't need a good memory, because I always tell the truth.
Jessie Ventura

Its no wonder truth is stranger than fiction.
Fiction has to make sense
Mark Twain

If history doesn't repeat itself, it sure does rhyme.
Mark Twain
[-] The following 2 users Like Zedta's post:
  • Augustinian, olorin12
Alieve works best for me, but I only resort to it if it's really bad. Otherwise offer it up.
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

'Vanity of vanities, said Ecclesiastes: vanity of vanities, and all is vanity.' - Ecclesiastes 1:2

My blog: https://slavetothesacredhe.art.blog/
[-] The following 1 user Likes Augustinian's post:
  • Zedta
(07-17-2019, 11:56 AM)Augustinian Wrote: Alieve works best for me, but I only resort to it if it's really bad. Otherwise offer it up.

During the day, caffeine - a coke product will help any headache.   But Advil, generic works fine, is my choice. Make sure you are drinking plenty of water, dehydration can cause headaches and body aches.
Yes, a good night sleep is valuable and hard to come by with small children in the house.  It gets better when they go off to college.
[-] The following 2 users Like MaryTN's post:
  • Catherine, Zedta
Ibuprofin works well for me.
Acetaminophen never works at all for me.
Haven't taken plain aspirin (e.g., Bayer) in a while, but it usually works well for me.

Don't necessarily need to go with a brand name either. Generic usually works just as well.
Blood of Christ, relief of the burdened, save us.

“It is my design to die in the brew house; let ale be placed in my mouth when I am expiring, that when the choirs of angels come, they may say, “Be God propitious to this drinker.” – St. Columbanus, A.D. 612

[Image: 2lq3.png]
[-] The following 2 users Like GangGreen's post:
  • Augustinian, Zedta
A banana peel on the forehead.
Excedrin is the best by far, for me - a great combo of acetaminophen, aspirin, and caffeine.

Next is Anacin - each tab is 400 mg aspirin and 30 mg caffeine.

Note: I will also add that for me, Excedrin is best for those "tired" type headaches you describe. You can get 100 tabs of a generic brand for around $8.