Your Favorite Scriptural Verses At The Moment : And Why ?
PSALM 126:1  Unless the Lord build the house, they labour in vain that build it. Unless the Lord keep the city, he watcheth in vain that keepeth it. 

It makes me think of all the candidates who tell us how they plan to create a society that is more caring, more just, and more compassionate, while they want no part whatsoever of Christ The King.
Quote:Luke 6:38

Date, et dabitur vobis : mensuram bonam, et confertam, et coagitatam, et supereffluentem dabunt in sinum vestrum. Eadem quippe mensura, qua mensi fueritis, remetietur vobis. 

Give, and it shall be given to you: good measure and pressed down and shaken together and running over shall they give into your bosom. For with the same measure that you shall mete withal, it shall be measured to you again.

Quote:Luke 7:47

Propter quod dico tibi : remittuntur ei peccata multa, quoniam dilexit multum.

Wherefore I tell thee: Many sins are forgiven her, because she hath loved much.

I've been reading the Vulgate following one of those "Read the Bible in a year" plans, and a couple of days ago I passed both of these in Luke. They've been sticking with me.

They remind me that charity, the love Christ expects of us, is more than just being polite, though I need to be better at that, too. I need to be better at volunteering for events in my parish and work communities (my work is a Catholic work place, thank God), and at going out of my way to help people. I need to mete out more.

St. Mary Magdalene, pray for us!
Filioli mei, non diligamus verbo neque lingua, sed opere et veritate.

Vos omnes amatores pulcherrimae linguae ecclesiae nostrae, videte filum quo de rebus sanctis profanisque colloqui possumus.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Filiolus's post:
  • Eric F
The saddest part of the scripture is, without a hint of doubt, John 2, 3, when our Lord's holy Mother dramatically dennounces "They have no more wine". Eloquently, the conversion of water into wine was our Lord's first miracle when he roamed on earth. Sticking tongue out at you
Matthew 16:18- where Jesus gave Peter the keys to the Kingdom of Heaven- this is the verse that led me to accept the papacy.
Ecclesiastes 1:2; "Vanity of vanities, said Ecclesiastes: vanity of vanities, and all is vanity."

It has been on my mind constantly for the past week. And it's true. All in this world is vanity. Vain love of self stands in my way of union with God, reflection on which has put me in a melancholy today.
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

“Behold this Heart which has so loved men that It spared nothing, even going so far as to exhaust and consume Itself to prove to them Its love” - Our Lord to St. Margaret Mary

My blog: https://slavetothesacredhe.art.blog/

Malachi Martin was right.
14 "So at last they called on Yahweh and said, 'O, Yahweh, do not let us perish for the sake of this man's life, and do not hold us responsible for causing an innocent man's death; for you, Yahweh, have acted as you saw fit.'" 
Jonah, 1 - Bíblia Católica Online

Leia mais em: https://www.bibliacatolica.com.br/en/new...e/jonah/1/

It's not like these sailors were cut-throats or anything bad for throwing Jonah overboard. They waited as long as was humanly possible and even begged forgiveness for doing so before they did it. And when the sea calmed  they immediately believed. And what do you think these godly righteous sailors did as soon as they got to port? Told everyone. Then Jonah shows up three days later like some sort of a ghost, says boo, and the whole city, from the king to the burros immediately repents. What's Jonah do then? Gets mad. I mean after all the terror & suffering poor old Jonah has been through he wants to watch God smite Nineveh, right?

Oh Jonah, you aren't allowed to want, (only God is allowed to want), and he wanted you do do as you were told, but since you didn't, God, again, had to use the Gentiles.

Oh, where are the snows of yesteryear!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Blind Horus's post:
  • Augustinian
Often times I think of how when I was in my teens and twenties, I dreamed if  I could only be the guitarist or athlete that people idolized and were constantly praising as one of the greats. I wanted like so many young people today to be great before the World. Nowdays it reminds me of the Gospel of St John 3:30 He must increase, but I must decrease.
Luke 6:27-28, 32-35

Quote:But I say to you that listen, Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who abuse you.

If you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners love those who love them. If you do good to those who do good to you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners do the same. If you lend to those from whom you hope to receive, what credit is that to you? Even sinners lend to sinners, to receive as much again. But love your enemies, do good, and lend, expecting nothing in return.

You will constantly find exhortations in the secular world to "be good," but how often do you hear the phrase "love your enemies" outside of Christian sources? Pretty much never.
My favorite Scriptural passage is Apocalypse 21:1-5: "And I saw a new heaven and a new earth.  For the first heaven and the first earth was gone, and the sea is now no more.  And I John saw the holy city, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.  And I heard a great voice from the throne, saying: 'Behold the tabernacle of God with men, and he will dwell with them.  And they shall be his people; and God himself with them shall be their God.  And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes: and death shall be no more, nor mourning, nor crying, nor sorrow shall be any more, for the former things are passed away.'  And he that sat on the throne, said: 'Behold, I make all things new.'  And he said to me: 'Write, for these words are most faithful and true.'"

This passage always encourages me, no matter what bad things might have happened to me, to others, in the Church, the world, etc.  Whatever our sufferings now, in the end, God will set things right, and goodness will prevail.