Church Militant : a purveyor of detraction and slander?
Same issue about Voris has been brought on reddit's r/traditionalcatholics subreddit.
Unfortunately I don't have any "fun facts" about me unless being a practicing Catholic counts.

Trying to get better every day week.
extraneous
(07-30-2019, 01:55 AM)St.Eliza Wrote: The court pages I meant to link, that tells of the unbroken years of teen grooming, including the phone calls, flights and meetings, is here ...

Which are exactly the same as the other filing : Unproven accusations from which you commit rash judgement.
[-] The following 2 users Like MagisterMusicae's post:
  • ArthurNorthwode, jovan66102
I think the best personal response to this kind of thing is “it’s none of my business”.
No one here is an appointed tribunal or judge to assess the matter.
Getting caught up in this kind of thing takes away time you could be praying or reading Scripture, or something by the Saints.
Going around trying to find faults and injustices just wastes your time your time when you could otherwise be meriting graces for yourselves and others.
Well, it’s definitely a rare day when MagisterMusicae and Ann B. appear to be on the same page. ;)

https://www.barnhardt.biz/2019/07/29/you...ofit-that/
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bonaventure's post:
  • MagisterMusicae
(07-30-2019, 10:21 AM)FultonFan Wrote: I think the best personal response to this kind of thing is “it’s none of my business”.
No one here is an appointed tribunal or judge to assess the matter.
Getting caught up in this kind of thing takes away time you could be praying or reading Scripture, or something by the Saints.
Going around trying to find faults and injustices just wastes your time your time when you could otherwise be meriting graces for yourselves and others.

Yeah, but then ignoring corruption and abuse isn't the answer either. I think one of the problems that has allowed abuse to run rampant is that the Bishops pay people off and the abuser gets "rehabilitated", a slap on the wrist, and then access to more victims.  No muss, no fuss and back to business.  

I'm not as concerned with individual cases as I am with the way the hierarchy handles them.  The USCCB vote last November in Baltimore told me that most bishops are either cowards or corrupt, maybe both.  The "it's none of my business" approach is what got us here.

But, then again, maybe you're right.  What can we really do?  Personally, I don't give money to anything related to the USCCB, or Catholic causes that ignore doctrine.  I pray, and complain on forums sometimes, but not much else.
[-] The following 2 users Like jack89's post:
  • MagisterMusicae, St.Eliza
Extraneous
(07-30-2019, 04:35 PM)St.Eliza Wrote:
(07-30-2019, 03:57 AM)MagisterMusicae Wrote:
(07-30-2019, 01:55 AM)St.Eliza Wrote: The court pages I meant to link, that tells of the unbroken years of teen grooming, including the phone calls, flights and meetings, is here ...

Which are exactly the same as the other filing : Unproven accusations from which you commit rash judgement.

Okay, to all I have said, your response is that I have made a "rash judgment"? 

I see.

I believe what he and others have said is that you do not understand pleadings, or the use thereof in initiating litigation.  If so, I concur with their assessment.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bonaventure's post:
  • ArthurNorthwode
(07-30-2019, 01:35 AM)St.Eliza Wrote:
(07-30-2019, 01:16 AM)SeekerofChrist Wrote:
(07-30-2019, 12:42 AM)St.Eliza Wrote: 2. The case was settled out of court. If you read the filed court papers, it is pretty silly to assume McLucas got away from these credible, easily provable accusations without paying them off. (Of course no public record of their out-of-court settlement exists!)

The accusations might have been easily provable.  We don't actually know that.  You assert it, of course, but provide no evidence other than, well your assertion that her legal team just had to have evidence because, well, they filed a lawsuit.  Your argument has no merit.  And I did read the the court papers you keep linking to.  I am not silly to presume innocence due to a lack of evidence.  It doesn't matter that "of course no public record" exists.  That is actually part of the point.  You claim evidence exists without knowing that is really the case.  No amount of "her lawyers wouldn't have filed" will change that, or turn your unsubstantiated claims about evidence (alleged medical records, plane tickets, witnesses, etc.) into credible claims for your position here.

I "liked" this by mistake because it is next to the reply button. I do not know how to "unlike" it. Because I am bothered by it.

Obviously daily phone calls for YEARS are easy to prove with phone records. Hotel stays: receipts, particularly biweekly stays over two years of college, have to have witnesses besides the receipts. And she must have witnesses over all her teenage years of being constantly on the phone with McLucas - it must have been strange to her friends in high school and college! And college roomates can attest to her absence every other weekend for two years, and she confided something to someone (because women confide), or was seen by observed by someone in that time.

Father McLucas is accused of having violent, deviant, forceful sex with her that made her sick and permanently disabled, for which she required immediate medical care and still requires ongoing medical care.  Can you actually think it's a possibility that the lawyers who claim this have no medical records to backup that claim? 

I don't think you actually think that. I think you just want to argue.

Or maybe instead you just are determined to be blind to reality.  Perhaps due to an inordinate love for an organization and a personality - a love that supersedes the charity we owe the most vulnerable victims.

You have no idea what my motives are.  You can't refute what I have said and have now used an ad hominem attack on me and my character.  Just because I disagree with you doesn't make me argumentive for the sake of arguing.  You have also accused me of dishonesty about what I believe.  It's not a surprise, as actual evidence doesn't seem to be important to you.  And you are mistaken if you think I didn't read your linked court documents. I most certainly did, which is why I know that they don't say what you seem to think.  And yes, I do believe that you are wrong about what evidence her attorney must have had.  But continuing to try and discuss things with you doesn't seem fruitful. You are likely to continue maligning my character.

Additionally, I asked you to not lecture me about supporting victims.  I was sexually abused by a family member who took advantage of the trust my parents placed in him.  I understand exactly what this woman is feeling, if her accusations are true.  If she were sitting before me right now, I would offer her all the support that I could.  That I believe in due process doesn't mean I wouldn't support and show love to the accusers.  You might not be impressed by the actual law and my commitment to it but you have no right to question my integrity.
"For the true friends of the people are neither revolutionaries nor innovators, but traditionalists."
- Pope St. Pius X

"For there shall be a time, when they will not endure sound doctrine; but, according to their own desires, they will heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears: And will indeed turn away their hearing from the truth, but will be turned unto fables."
- 2 Timothy 4:3-4

"Therefore God shall send them the operation of error, to believe lying: That all may be judged who have not believed the truth, but have consented to iniquity."
- 2 Thessalonians 2:11-12
[-] The following 1 user Likes SeekerofChrist's post:
  • MagisterMusicae
extraneous