Hot Peppers : Anyone Else Love Them ?
I grow Jalapenos and have also grown Habaneros. I absolute love them, on sandwiches in omelettes, with noodles, salads, etc. And contrary to what parents (who both had poor tolerance for heat) believed, are quite good for you.
[-] The following 2 users Like Eric F's post:
  • SeeTheLight, Zedta
I love fresh Jalapenos on my burgers can't beat it! I also love a good chili relleno. I haven't eaten Habanero Peppers directly but have had some great Habanero Salsas.
"The Eucharist is the Sacrament of Love; it signifies love, It produces love. The Eucharist is the consummation of the whole spiritual life." -St. Thomas Aquinas

“To be tempted is a sign that the soul is very pleasing to the Lord.” St. Padre Pio
[-] The following 1 user Likes SeeTheLight's post:
  • Zedta
MMMMM!! I LOVE chili!

My all-time favorite are the chilies I get from Chimayo, NM. I buy the fresh pods and have them shipped to me. I then roast them to get the shell off and use the green meat for salsa and Green Chili Stew. The dried red chilies I get from a vendor I met near the Santuario de Chimayo in the little town. He also had dried green chilies too.

I grow some wild Florida Grove Chili here on the farm. Ya, this was a wild bush that suddenly showed up next to my rose bushes. They are way too hot for me, but the Deacon at the Church loves them, fresh off the plant, diced and made into salsa or straight. I think only the Ghost Chili is hotter or perhaps some of the newer varieties of the Habanero may be hotter.

I ate chili last night for supper, so this is nice to see the next day; people who also have a chili 'jones' too!
One should have an open mind; open enough that things get in, but not so open that everything falls out
Art Bell

The individual is handicapped by coming face to face with a conspiracy so monstrous that he cannot believe it exists.
J Edgar Hoover

I don't need a good memory, because I always tell the truth.
Jessie Ventura

Its no wonder truth is stranger than fiction.
Fiction has to make sense
Mark Twain

If history doesn't repeat itself, it sure does rhyme.
Mark Twain
[-] The following 3 users Like Zedta's post:
  • Eric F, Jeeter, SeeTheLight
I actually feel sorry for people who can't handle heat. I feel like they're missing out on something.
Couldn't believe it, but the other day I noticed some animal has been pecking or nibbling at my Jalapeno peppers. I can't ever remember any creature bothering with my peppers.
I have a dog that loves my Jalapenos. I have to keep a watchful eye because he will devise a plan to get at them if he can.
"The Eucharist is the Sacrament of Love; it signifies love, It produces love. The Eucharist is the consummation of the whole spiritual life." -St. Thomas Aquinas

“To be tempted is a sign that the soul is very pleasing to the Lord.” St. Padre Pio
(08-09-2019, 02:46 PM)SeeTheLight Wrote: I have a dog that loves my Jalapenos. I have to keep a watchful eye because he will devise a plan to get at them if he can.

Must be a Chihuahua.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Eric F's post:
  • SeeTheLight
(08-09-2019, 04:30 PM)Eric F Wrote:
(08-09-2019, 02:46 PM)SeeTheLight Wrote: I have a dog that loves my Jalapenos. I have to keep a watchful eye because he will devise a plan to get at them if he can.

Must be a Chihuahua.

Lol actually a standard poodle mix but he has some Chihuahua aquaintences.

[-] The following 1 user Likes SeeTheLight's post:
  • Eric F
Have any of you all noticed any health benefits from eating hot peppers?

Endorphin rush?

Better digestion? Immune system?
(08-11-2019, 01:45 PM)BC Wrote: Have any of you all noticed any health benefits from eating hot peppers?

Endorphin rush?

Better digestion? Immune system?

I can't really explain it, but after having a few hot peppers, I do have a good feeling inside.