What if you miss a day of a Novena/Commitment to certain prayers.
I’ve been doing the Magnificent Prayers of St. Bridgette of Sweden since late October.
You’re supposed to do them daily for a year.
Without getting into too much detail, there was a major family issue last night, leaving me in a very sorrowful state of mind.
It was getting very late, and I did the prayers almost completely internally (not vocally), and basically rushed them. I was also very distracted.
Have I sabotaged the whole thing?
(08-02-2019, 09:18 AM)FultonFan Wrote: I’ve been doing the Magnificent Prayers of St. Bridgette of Sweden since late October.
You’re supposed to do them daily for a year.
Without getting into too much detail, there was a major family issue last night, leaving me in a very sorrowful state of mind.
It was getting very late, and I did the prayers almost completely internally (not vocally), and basically rushed them. I was also very distracted.
Have I sabotaged the whole thing?

Certainly not...and you wouldn’t have sabotaged the whole thing if you’d forgotten a day or even just chose not to do it for a day. God isn’t some giant vending machine in the sky that you have to push the right buttons on in order to get what you want.
God doesn't expect you to be superhuman, my friend.  It sounds like you had a pretty good reason to be distracted and rushed.  I can't see how you could have sabotaged anything here.  Carry on in the Lord.  :)
"For the true friends of the people are neither revolutionaries nor innovators, but traditionalists."
- Pope St. Pius X

"For there shall be a time, when they will not endure sound doctrine; but, according to their own desires, they will heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears: And will indeed turn away their hearing from the truth, but will be turned unto fables."
- 2 Timothy 4:3-4

"Therefore God shall send them the operation of error, to believe lying: That all may be judged who have not believed the truth, but have consented to iniquity."
- 2 Thessalonians 2:11-12
Thanks, friends.
Blessed weekend to you.