Missal Question - Baronius Press Missal
Hi all,

FSSP observes St Peter's Chains on August 1 and Finding of Body of St Stephen on August 3. (At least my FSSP parish does) I have been using Angelus Press's Daily Roman Missal, which doesn't contain the propers of the above mentioned feasts. I used to own Baronius Press Daily Roman Missal but I had given it away a while back. Do you know if the Baronius Press edition contains the propers for those 3rd and 4th class feasts in their missal?

Thanks
(08-02-2019, 10:42 PM)BenedictineMonk Wrote: Hi all,

FSSP observes St Peter's Chains on August 1 and Finding of Body of St Stephen on August 3. (At least my FSSP parish does) I have been using Angelus Press's Daily Roman Missal, which doesn't contain the propers of the above mentioned feasts. I used to own Baronius Press Daily Roman Missal but I had given it away a while back. Do you know if the Baronius Press edition contains the propers for those 3rd and 4th class feasts in their missal?

Thanks

In the 1960 Altar Missal both are found in the In Some Places section that follows the Votive Masses. 

Unless St Peter in Chains or St Stephen were patrons (the FSSP patronal feast is June 29), then these would not be feast days, but, since both are ferias in the 1960 calendar the priest could choose to say these Masses.

There is no such thing as a 4th class feast. 4th Class days are ferias, commemorations, or Our Lady on Saturdays. If a priest chooses on such a day to say another Mass he is usually free to do so, but these are not feasts.

I have neither the AP nor Baronius in front of me at the moment, but if they would be in either hand missal these would be in such a section. I know the AP missal has at least some of these towards the back of the missal, but not all. You might check there. It would likely be similar in the Baronius missal.

If no one else can answer, when I get ahold of mine, I'll see if I can track them down for you.
(08-03-2019, 02:40 AM)MagisterMusicae Wrote:
(08-02-2019, 10:42 PM)BenedictineMonk Wrote: Hi all,

Thanks

In the 1960 Altar Missal both are found in the In Some Places section that follows the Votive Masses. 

Unless St Peter in Chains or St Stephen were patrons (the FSSP patronal feast is June 29), then these would not be feast days, but, since both are ferias in the 1960 calendar the priest could choose to say these Masses.

There is no such thing as a 4th class feast. 4th Class days are ferias, commemorations, or Our Lady on Saturdays. If a priest chooses on such a day to say another Mass he is usually free to do so, but these are not feasts.

I have neither the AP nor Baronius in front of me at the moment, but if they would be in either hand missal these would be in such a section. I know the AP missal has at least some of these towards the back of the missal, but not all. You might check there. It would likely be similar in the Baronius missal.

If no one else can answer, when I get ahold of mine, I'll see if I can track them down for you.

Thank you for your reply. It makes sense now.
Looking at my first edition AP Missal I do not see either Mass in the "In some places" section. It is possible they added more later (as I know they did add some things in the later edition, like the Votive Mass of St Joseph, which was accidentally omitted in version one).

FYI those extra Masses start in that first edition at page 1634. There is another section for proper Masses in the USA starting on 1803.

Later editions might be slightly different.

I don't have the Baronius missal in front of me, so perhaps someone else could answer that part.