A desperate plea to Catholic Men from a convert to the Faith
deleted
(08-06-2019, 06:25 PM)Giovanni Petro Wrote: Apostasy in Islam is not much different from apostasy in Christianity, except the Holy Bible says unbelievers must be put to death regardless of their actions and the Quran says unbelievers must be put to death if they don't leave the House of God (Muslim territory) or if they entice others to leave the faith, by criticizing it.

The difference however between Islam and Christianity is that we have the New Testament, and in the New Testament we find a specific example put to Christ regarding the death penalty under Mosaic law with the woman caught in adultery John 8:3-11 which does not do away with but fulfills the Old Testament as said in Matthew 5:17-18.

Leviticus 20:10 Wrote:“If a man commits adultery with the wife of his neighbor, both the adulterer and the adulteress shall be put to death.

John 8:3-11 Wrote:3 The scribes and the Pharisees brought a woman who had been caught in adultery, and placing her in the midst 4 they said to him, “Teacher, this woman has been caught in the act of adultery. 5 Now in the law Moses commanded us to stone such. What do you say about her?” 6 This they said to test him, that they might have some charge to bring against him. Jesus bent down and wrote with his finger on the ground. 7 And as they continued to ask him, he stood up and said to them, “Let him who is without sin among you be the first to throw a stone at her.” 8 And once more he bent down and wrote with his finger on the ground. 9 But when they heard it, they went away, one by one, beginning with the eldest, and Jesus was left alone with the woman standing before him. 10 Jesus looked up and said to her, “Woman, where are they? Has no one condemned you?” 11 She said, “No one, Lord.” And Jesus said, “Neither do I condemn you; go, and do not sin again.”

(08-06-2019, 06:25 PM)Giovanni Petro Wrote: The age of Aisha when she married Muhammad is part of the tradition, not found in the Quran, and was written centuries after both Muhammad and Aisha were dead. Many Muslims believe Aisha was older (around 12-14) when they consummated the relationship. Others put it in historical context, given that it was common for girls under 10 to marry older men. Others see nothing wrong with it because the prophet is the perfect man that all Muslims should emulate and can commit no sin. I personally would never be able to conceive Muhammad as a man of God. He killed thousands upon thousands of people and had a harem of slave-women. That goes against our Christian notions of holiness.

x2

(08-06-2019, 06:25 PM)Giovanni Petro Wrote: I never read Scott Hahn, although one could fill a library with nothing but books he's written. I've heard some of his talks and I liked it.

He really excels when it comes to dealing with Protestantism IMO.

(08-06-2019, 06:25 PM)Giovanni Petro Wrote: I am also skeptical of macro-evolution. But these Evangelicals believe humans lived side by side with dinosaurs and that the Earth is around 6000 years old. Most are literalists, which is something that was never defended by the Early Church Fathers, who understood that the Bible contains many non-historical and metaphorical contents. The parables of Jesus would be the most obvious examples.

x2, although there are dangers on both sides of this coin IMO, I've not studied it enough, but I don't believe that Adam and Eve had animals for parents and the Church IMO has made quite a mess of trying to marry this concept. The other danger are those that go to the opposite side and take miracles and things as metaphors that aren't metaphors.

God Bless :)