Needing quick answer: Can men go swimming topless?
(08-04-2019, 10:29 PM)Augustinian Wrote: Fear of nudity is a result of Victorian era Protestantism. I wouldn't worry about it.

There is a reason that Adam and Eve covered themselves after the first sin and losing their innocence. We inherit their same loss of innocence and thus modesty is a thing. Modesty isn't a protestant invention. I'll never understand that crazy idea that somehow we are still in the Garden of Eden and nudity is a non issue.

God Bless
[-] The following 2 users Like josh987654321's post:
  • mpk1987, yablabo
(08-05-2019, 09:42 AM)josh987654321 Wrote:
(08-04-2019, 10:29 PM)Augustinian Wrote: Fear of nudity is a result of Victorian era Protestantism. I wouldn't worry about it.

:O There is a reason that Adam and Eve covered themselves after the first sin and losing their innocence. We inherit their same loss of innocence and thus modesty is a thing. Modesty isn't a protestant invention.

God Bless

The real origin of "modest" dress: back in the day when streets were full of literal crap people had to cover in layers and layers of clothing out of necessity (especially women who carried children and had to especially protect themselves from illness). 

Once we invented sanitation systems people could dress normally.
(08-05-2019, 09:47 AM)Florus Wrote: The real origin of "modest" dress: back in the day when streets were full of literal crap people had to cover in layers and layers of clothing out of necessity (especially women who carried children and had to especially protect themselves from illness). 

Once we invented sanitation systems people could dress normally.

Okay... why do I get the feeling like we've just talked past one another? disagreeing with me or just an FYI adding 0.02c to my point? :D

God Bless
If modesty is the issue here and its all about appearances, then in some cases, ya, I think at least a t-shirt or a bra top would be appropriate. I mean, with all the soy and phytoestrogens in foods these days, Gynecomastia (also spelled Gynaecomastia) has become a real problem for some men and they could give many women a run for their money on 'boobies'. :D
One should have an open mind; open enough that things get in, but not so open that everything falls out
Art Bell

I don't need a good memory, because I always tell the truth.
Jessie Ventura

Its no wonder truth is stranger than fiction.
Fiction has to make sense
Mark Twain

If history doesn't repeat itself, it sure does rhyme.
Mark Twain

You don't have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body.
C.S. Lewis

Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to be manners.
George Carlin

“In a time of deceit…truth is a revolutionary act”
George Orwell
(08-05-2019, 03:52 PM)Zedta Wrote: If modesty is the issue here and its all about appearances, then in some cases, ya, I think at least a t-shirt or a bra top would be appropriate. I mean, with all the soy and phytoestrogens in foods these days, Gynecomastia (also spelled Gynaecomastia) has become a real problem for some men and they could give many women a run for their money on 'boobies'. :D

We don't need to be Victorian and prudish on the forum, but this is pretty disgustingly inappropriate.
(08-05-2019, 04:29 PM)MagisterMusicae Wrote:
(08-05-2019, 03:52 PM)Zedta Wrote: If modesty is the issue here and its all about appearances, then in some cases, ya, I think at least a t-shirt or a bra top would be appropriate. I mean, with all the soy and phytoestrogens in foods these days, Gynecomastia (also spelled Gynaecomastia) has become a real problem for some men and they could give many women a run for their money on 'boobies'. :D

We don't need to be Victorian and prudish on the forum, but this is pretty disgustingly inappropriate.

Your answer would have been more accurate if you (my personal troll) inserted; "We don't need to be Victorian and prudish, but I will be, on the forum..."

You just don't get a joke and that is very sad for you.
One should have an open mind; open enough that things get in, but not so open that everything falls out
Art Bell

I don't need a good memory, because I always tell the truth.
Jessie Ventura

Its no wonder truth is stranger than fiction.
Fiction has to make sense
Mark Twain

If history doesn't repeat itself, it sure does rhyme.
Mark Twain

You don't have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body.
C.S. Lewis

Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to be manners.
George Carlin

“In a time of deceit…truth is a revolutionary act”
George Orwell
(08-05-2019, 04:53 PM)Zedta Wrote:
(08-05-2019, 04:29 PM)MagisterMusicae Wrote:

Your answer would have been more accurate if you (my personal troll) inserted; "We don't need to be Victorian and prudish, but I will be, on the forum..."

You just don't get a joke and that is very sad for you.

Good humor directs the mind upward, or as one priest once told me, "A joke is one of the most serious things in the world." It helps lighten the soul, and make serious discussions easier to get through. Yours does not do that in the least.

It is not prudish to object to an inappropriate and tasteless joke.

Are you going to next get out the calculator and turn it upside down and start typing out silly words like a 12-year old boy, because it's funny?
(08-05-2019, 09:51 PM)MagisterMusicae Wrote: It is not prudish to object to an inappropriate and tasteless joke.

I didn't think it was that bad. I agree that if one has man boobs I don't think they have to worry too much about it lol.

God Bless
[-] The following 1 user Likes josh987654321's post:
  • Zedta