Is the Catholic Charismatic Movement a Heresy?
It does seem something of the East has kept out this "movement", along with the liturgical destruction we have had.

One must wonder what that is or why?
(08-05-2019, 10:18 PM)Giovanni Petro Wrote: It is heretical, without any reasonable doubt to the contrary.

The other day I was watching the Brazilian TV channel Canção Nova, a Charismatic Catholic network recognized and in full communion with the Vatican, that has literally millions of followers, and a show called Terço Mariano (Marian Rosary) was on.

People were praying standing up, with one arm in the air and the other holding the Rosary close to their heart, while a lay woman was giving the homily, ordering the faithful to "Lay your paralysis at the foot of the Cross! Lay your infertility at the foot of the Cross! Lay your cancer at the foot of the Cross! And let the Lord heal you!". Then the priest came on stage and said "God is testing your faith, people! If by the end of this service you haven't experienced the miracle of healing is because you lack faith in the Holy Spirit! God can't heal you if you don't believe!". 

Then he shouted "Release the spirit!" and he, along with the congregation, started speaking in tongues, like in a Pentecostal service. Literally just shouting gibberish like "bakara shiba likapu reebeera paraku chiribiri parakatara". I had to grab my camcorder and film it because I couldn't believe my own eyes. Unfortunately I can't find my USB cable so I can't upload it to my computer. 

Here is a video someone uploaded that exemplifies what I'm talking about, where the Monsignor Jonas Abib, president of the John Paul II Foundation in Brazil, teaches the faithful the "gift" of speaking in tongues (from 0:11 to 0:41, that's him speaking in tongues):

And again, my dear country is embarrassed and ashamed.
Whenever I had nothing to watch on T.V. I would check their channel and see what they were up to and honestly, sometimes it felt I was watching some Pentecostal cult. Yes, they have an exterior of Catholicity, but for the most part is pure and simple Pentecostalism.
If you endure the sacrifice and loose more of your life and sanity with them, and eventually compare their T.V. with other famous Brazilian Pentecostal churches you will realise that the differences are quite minimal.

Whenever I read their name I remember that in 2009 they were formally added to the Salesian family.
Saint John Bosco, pray for us.
Ite ad Ioseph
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ioannes_L's post:
  • Giovanni Petro
(08-05-2019, 11:49 PM)Markie Boy Wrote: Anyone noticed the East - either Eastern Catholic or Orthodox, just don't seem to let this garbage in the door.  Why is that?

Well, maybe it's the tropical weather, but here in Brazil the Melkite do allow one of their priests to perform the "Mass of cure and liberation". It's in Portuguese, so most of you won't be able to understand it, but the pictures leave no doubt about it.
I don't know why the most weird and un-Catholic things happen here, from liberation theology to unorthodox Melkites. 
:huh:
https://www1.folha.uol.com.br/cotidiano/...ista.shtml

If I did everything right there's a small attached picture showing this practice in front of the iconostasis.

P.S. This is from 2015, so I have no clue if they keep doing it today.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Ite ad Ioseph
deleted
[-] The following 1 user Likes Giovanni Petro's post:
  • Ioannes_L
(08-08-2019, 02:12 PM)Giovanni Petro Wrote:
(08-06-2019, 02:55 PM)Ioannes_L Wrote: And again, my dear country is embarrassed and ashamed.
Whenever I had nothing to watch on T.V. I would check their channel and see what they were up to and honestly, sometimes it felt I was watching some Pentecostal cult. Yes, they have an exterior of Catholicity, but for the most part is pure and simple Pentecostalism.
If you endure the sacrifice and loose more of your life and sanity with them, and eventually compare their T.V. with other famous Brazilian Pentecostal churches you will realise that the differences are quite minimal.

Whenever I read their name I remember that in 2009 they were formally added to the Salesian family.
Saint John Bosco, pray for us.

Olá, irmão.

One of the most orthodox Catholics I've ever known is a Brazilian dentist living here. I feel like you guys deal with so much religious craziness (IURD, for starters  :@  ) that when you try to follow Christ properly, you go all the way towards tradition. Plinio Corrêa de Oliveira was an intellectual giant.

Are you familiar with Brother Bruno Pádua Maria's youtube channel?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnHAzr2...upHXa043DQ

Oh boy... we do have our fair share of craziness, and it has grown so much lately that we are exporting it to the rest of the globe, a "good" example being IURD making metastasis and pouring heresy everywhere they go. In Catholicism we can basically go from Dom Castro Mayer, a man that kept things Catholic in the diocese of Campos until 1981, to Archbishop Hélder Câmara and Leonardo Boff.
And since you mentioned IURD, I feel the need to mention the new temple of Solomon and our 3-4 self-made apostles.

Honestly, I don't know much about him in order to say something.
Sorry.   

And about mr.Macedo, here's a gem from one of his visits to Africa.
Try 1:28 and 3:38.
Ite ad Ioseph
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ioannes_L's post:
  • Giovanni Petro
Well, from the little I know of the Mystics, God will often TAKE AWAY Spiritual consolation in order to make a soul more perfect.
If you don’t want the Cross, you can’t have Christ.
If you pick up the Cross you can follow Christ. 
Seek the hard, not the comfortable and convenient.
I wonder if introduction of the charismatic movement into the Church is evidence of God's own sense of humor?
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Put not your trust in princes: In the children of men, in whom there is no salvation. - Ps. 145:2-3

"For there shall be a time, when they will not endure sound doctrine; but, according to their own desires, they will heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears: And will indeed turn away their hearing from the truth, but will be turned unto fables." - 2 Timothy 4:3-4
[-] The following 1 user Likes Augustinian's post:
  • Fionnchu