Hong Kong And China
Tension in Hong Kong is escalating at this moment with strikes, blockades and violent clashes. Today China devalued it's currency and caused the largest drop in the Stock Market of 2019. China has threatened to send it's army into Hong Kong, and if that happens I believe that along with many others, Cardinal Zen would be in danger because of his frequent criticism of the government in Beijing.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Eric F's post:
  • josh987654321
(08-05-2019, 05:31 PM)Eric F Wrote: Tension in Hong Kong is escalating at this moment with strikes, blockades and violent clashes. Today China devalued it's currency and caused the largest drop in the Stock Market of 2019. China has threatened to send it's army into Hong Kong, and if that happens I believe that along with many others, Cardinal Zen would be in danger because of his frequent criticism of the government in Beijing.

Been worried about this too, I don't know what is going to happen. I do know that they should try to get a handle on any protestors being violent or rioting and damaging property, because that's just the kind of thing that will lose them sympathy and also be used as a pretext to shut them down. I wonder too whether there are some saboteurs in there causing trouble because they want to create such a pretext to shut them down. Once the extradition bill is removed, I think they should call it a day and be wiser next time they vote, it would be wise to consider the position they are in, they need to work behind the scenes IMO in order to further negotiate their independence and freedoms.

God Bless
"Behold the Heart that has so loved men that it has spared nothing, even to exhausting and consuming Itself, in order to testify Its love; in return, I receive from the greater part only ingratitude, by their irreverence and sacrilege, and by the coldness and contempt they have for Me in this Sacrament of Love. But what I feel most keenly is that it is hearts which are consecrated to Me that treat Me thus.” - St. Margaret Mary. Ignored by King of France Culminating in French Revolution.

"Charity concert at Cdl. Schonborn's Cathedral features shirtless actor dancing on Communion rail" - Dec 4, 2018

Maga hats, American flags, and the Star Spangled Banner being sung by ant-government protesters in Hong Kong https://www.rt.com/news/466349-hong-kong...evolution/
(08-13-2019, 12:44 PM)Eric F Wrote: Maga hats, American flags, and the Star Spangled Banner being sung by ant-government protesters in Hong Kong https://www.rt.com/news/466349-hong-kong...evolution/

And in all of that those good people like Cardinal Zen and other Christians will be seen as 'traitors' and persecuted... if indeed some in the USA are doing this, then that makes these protestors the bait and it never ends well for the bait.

I would also say 'suspended' is a pretty weak response, but considering the position they are in I think they should take it and work behind the scenes to further secure their freedoms, the only other worry is that when dispersed will the government learn from it or 1 by 1 will they be quietly rounded up and done away with? I do know that they must refrain from violence even when provoked and they shouldn't be waving flags of other nations, in Russia when the USSR collapsed they didn't appeal to American Flags, they appealed to their Orthodox Russian Flag and history before Communism.

God Bless
"Behold the Heart that has so loved men that it has spared nothing, even to exhausting and consuming Itself, in order to testify Its love; in return, I receive from the greater part only ingratitude, by their irreverence and sacrilege, and by the coldness and contempt they have for Me in this Sacrament of Love. But what I feel most keenly is that it is hearts which are consecrated to Me that treat Me thus.” - St. Margaret Mary. Ignored by King of France Culminating in French Revolution.

"Charity concert at Cdl. Schonborn's Cathedral features shirtless actor dancing on Communion rail" - Dec 4, 2018

(08-13-2019, 09:18 PM)josh987654321 Wrote:
(08-13-2019, 12:44 PM)Eric F Wrote: Maga hats, American flags, and the Star Spangled Banner being sung by ant-government protesters in Hong Kong https://www.rt.com/news/466349-hong-kong...evolution/

And in all of that those good people like Cardinal Zen and other Christians will be seen as 'traitors' and persecuted... if indeed some in the USA are doing this, then that makes these protestors the bait and it never ends well for the bait.

I would also say 'suspended' is a pretty weak response, but considering the position they are in I think they should take it and work behind the scenes to further secure their freedoms, the only other worry is that when dispersed will the government learn from it or 1 by 1 will they be quietly rounded up and done away with? I do know that they must refrain from violence even when provoked and they shouldn't be waving flags of other nations, in Russia when the USSR collapsed they didn't appeal to American Flags, they appealed to their Orthodox Russian Flag and history before Communism.

God Bless

I think the American flags and maga hats are done out of anger towards a country they fear taking them over completely. It's nothing new, and it doesn't say the people of Hong Kong want to be Americans, it's just cheering for an oppressor's opponent. Pepe the Frog has now been spotted in Hong Kong.
(08-14-2019, 07:44 PM)Eric F Wrote: I think the American flags and maga hats are done out of anger towards a country they fear taking them over completely. It's nothing new, and it doesn't say the people of Hong Kong want to be Americans, it's just cheering for an oppressor's opponent. Pepe the Frog has now been spotted in Hong Kong.

They are in a very tough position, we should pray for the people of HK.

They don't have too many options as far as I can see, the extradition bill has been suspended so they could desist and hope the government learns, but then there is the worry that they'll just round them up 1 by 1 afterwards, I don't know how bad it is or not. They could also keep protesting, but that cannot last forever and they'll have to consider becoming martyrs.

If it were me id try getting out, if not I would protest peacefully with them, trying to make sure there was no violence, then when the extradition bill is suspended, I would realize how deep trouble I'm in, desist with the protest and then try and work behind the scenes to further secure my freedoms or try again to escape to Taiwan which of course will be next if HK falls but stands a better chance then HK (even though Taiwan passed gay marriage, so it's awfully hard to call on divine protection for a nation that passes sodomy into their laws).

"For the sake of His sorrowful passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world."

God Bless