noticing feathers
Hi folks.  For the past month of so, I have been seeing of feathers coming across my path.  I'm not a superstitious guy but I have started to actually "take notice" of them and my mind goes into a sort of temporary pause, if that makes any sense.  Just the other day, I went to get into my car, opened the door, and when I lifted my foot to get in, I noticed a dark feather on the cement under the door.  I stopped for a quick minute and instantly listened and looked around even though nothing came of it.  There have been a couple of other times, out of nowhere, a white feather would show up and like this time, I would completely halt and mentally pray, but again, nothing.

I googled around and supposedly it could be a sign that your guardian angel is near and softly making their presence known.  This only started happening over the last month so maybe something is going to happen in my life?  I will say, my current state, is not very good and I struggle terribly with depression and fear.  I literally pray non-stop.

Just wondering if anyone can shed some light, maybe a similar testimony, or whatever.

Thanks folks and God Bless.
[-] The following 1 user Likes capmchuck's post:
  • Blind Horus
I would suggest that you merely dismiss it as what it is -- random feathers which you happened to notice because you're attuned to it, as contrasted against all of the ones you've never noticed before because you had no reason to be paying mind to them.  I wouldn't try to read any spiritual or angelic significance into it.  There are more than enough birds (and cats) around to account for the dropped feathers.  I say this especially because you mention your other struggles, because those are far more likely the origin of your concern than anything supernatural.
"There are not over a hundred people in the United States who hate the Catholic Church. There are millions, however, who hate what they wrongly believe to be the Catholic Church -- which is, of course, quite a different thing." -Ven. Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen

"Let me repeat this sentence. It is impossible in human language to exaggerate the importance of being in a chapel or church before the Blessed Sacrament as often and for as long as our duties and state of life allow. That sentence is the talisman of the highest sanctity." -Fr. John Hardon, S.J.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Steven's post:
  • LionHippo
You are experiencing Hyperactive Pattern Recognition:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baader–Meinhof_effect

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agent_detection

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apophenia

See also:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pareidolia
I appreciate your responses. Whether or not the feathers in my path mean anything, I do not believe that it is always just some scientific reaction. With all do respect to you Giovanni, you made a sharp assumption based on limited information. That is my fault for not going into detail so my apologies. I can tell you, I am Catholic today because of a similar instance and I KNOW it was definitely not some reaction to my struggles. Thank you guys again..
[-] The following 1 user Likes capmchuck's post:
  • SeeTheLight
Smile 
You’re searching for meaning where’s there’s nothing.
Sometimes weird or unusual things just happen.
Sometimes we try to find meaning in coincidences, when, in fact, there’s nothing.
You saw feathers a few times. I’m not sure that’s even really a “coincidence”; you just saw feathers a few times and you ask “why?”
The best thing for you to do is to simply commit yourself to a humble and contrite heart. Surely that’s far more pleasing to God than you trying to figure out the “meaning” behind seeing feathers.
Likely the only “meaning” you’ll find behind your feather adventure is this: your search for meaning.
(08-09-2019, 10:59 AM)capmchuck Wrote: Hi folks.  For the past month of so, I have been seeing of feathers coming across my path.  I'm not a superstitious guy but I have started to actually "take notice" of them and my mind goes into a sort of temporary pause, if that makes any sense.  Just the other day, I went to get into my car, opened the door, and when I lifted my foot to get in, I noticed a dark feather on the cement under the door.  I stopped for a quick minute and instantly listened and looked around even though nothing came of it.  There have been a couple of other times, out of nowhere, a white feather would show up and like this time, I would completely halt and mentally pray, but again, nothing.

I googled around and supposedly it could be a  sign that your guardian angel is near and softly making their presence known.  This only started happening over the last month so maybe something is going to happen in my life?  I will say, my current state, is not very good and I struggle terribly with depression and fear.  I literally pray non-stop.

Just wondering if anyone can shed some light, maybe a similar testimony, or whatever.

Thanks folks and God Bless.

In the spring and summer of 2005

Battling unseen forces

I began to notice whenever I wavered I'd raise my head and look out the door and there would be a rainbow.

At first I took it for a fortunate coincidence; but as the poet says: there are no coincidences; and for a long while afterwards they'd be there when needed, and gave me great solace.

By the way, Pope Francis has had similar experiences with roses (The Little Flower)

Oh, where are the snows of yesteryear!
https://kerrybirding.blogspot.com/2018/1...s.html?m=1

Some useful info on angels^

And not to be outdone...

The awesome double rainbow