Marian Apparition in TX?
So I was notified by a friend in TX that there is a Marian Apparition that is currently undergoing scrutiny in Texas at his Parish. Its from 2017. You can read all the messages and warnings and apparently there are warnings being given over the past 8 months.

Our Lady Mystical Rose of Argyle
Such apparitions and messages from them should not be followed until after the Church has done her due diligence in determining them at least safe.

In general, the attitude a Catholic ought to have is to generally distrust such things, and only after some evidence of credibility to promote them.

While we ought to wait for the Church's judgement, already there are some questionable things on that site :

1. The typical pattern in previous credible apparitions is that the visionaries might share a few bits of a message with people, and what would happen, they would only reserve the whole content for writing or to discuss with their spiritual directors. Take Fatima, for instance. Much of what we know comes from after the fact and only because the children were asked later to compile the things so theologians could analyze them. The children did not publish them, and until things were "credible" texts were not widely circulated. The same is the pattern with other things like La Salette, Lourdes, etc.

That here the seer has published these things publicly without first being asked to do so by the Church suggests their falsity. It is not proof, but it should raise suspicions.

2. The visionary claims to have received over 50 visions/messages over the course of now two years from many different persons. This is not normal for most apparitions about which the Church has suggested are worthy of belief. Usually the pattern is a few visions or messages over the course of a few months, very short and to the point, after which they end. The extension of these for a long time is not usual for credible apparitions, but is a common pattern with false ones.

This pattern is a very odd and one which no previous credible apparition follows. It should be a red flag.

3. The messages do not seem to have a clear purpose. They appear to be very cryptic and often just pious or poetic statements. Compare this with the warnings of credible apparitions like La Salette or Fatima, and there is a very clear difference, not just of style, but of content and purpose.

4. The website notes that priests have seen these things, and then all of the information has been passed to the diocese. This might be true, but then the seer has take it to herself to publish these things without the approval of the diocese. This is confirmed by other sources in which the local bishop has advised caution and discouraged credence. It seems odd then that the visionary would then publish without the approval of the diocese, seeing as such things do fall under Canon's law's requirement of ecclesiastical approval to publish.

Again, not in itself proof of falsity, but given the proper channels were not followed it suggests a non-supernatural source.

Other things could be said, but I think it is proper under such conditions to avoid these alleged apparitions (and thus, the website) and let the local bishop make the investigation before promoting these things.
[-] The following 2 users Like MagisterMusicae's post:
  • HeadRusch, MyLady
I mean, the messages seem to be much more orthodox than those found at the clearly false apparitions of Medjugorje. Yet the sheer number of messages tells me that this "spirit" is too chatty to be from heaven. That was one of the signs I remember hearing in a spiritual Warfare conference: spirits which speak much and often are most likely not of God.

Look at Our Lady of Fatima, Akita, or even Our Lady of Revelation in Tres Fontane. The message in each of these was direct and concise. And when the seers has repeated visions, like Sister Lucia, they weren't rushing to publish them before the Church could see them (one could argue that Bruno of Tres Fontane made this error later on).

I'm going with heavy discretion on this one until the Church has time to investigate.
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

“Behold this Heart which has so loved men that It spared nothing, even going so far as to exhaust and consume Itself to prove to them Its love” - Our Lord to St. Margaret Mary

My blog: https://slavetothesacredhe.art.blog/

Malachi Martin was right.
This story just out today in CNA: https://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/...mary-99429
[-] The following 1 user Likes LionHippo's post:
  • MagisterMusicae
Well this person (I always assume it's a woman) claims to have seen St. John the Baptist too, in her June 24, 2017 post. Apparently she "expected to see him" that day, which wouldn't be a surprise since that is when we mark his birthday in the Church.

She also claims to have conversed with the Lord Himself. And "others angels and saints" as well.

Apparently this person is part of a group called "Dry Bones Ministries" but there are quite a few iterations of it, so I couldn't find any more info.

Another thing that sticks out as odd to me (unless I missed something) is that these messages appear pretty much monthly starting in May 2017 and continue until January 2018. But after the Jan. 30, 2018 message, there is not another message until September 2018. You would think that the September account would include some type of great elation that the visions had resumed after stopping for about 7 months, but there's not. I suppose that is not completely unheard of. But now the visions have again resumed on a quite regular basis since February of this year.