Catholic Podcasts
Not sure if this has been asked before, but is anyone aware of any good Catholic podcasts to listen to? Or at least, Catholic podcasts that are updated regularly?

I’ve been listening to podcasts that interest me when I’m working around the house, but I want to balance it with the usual crap I listen to on an almost daily basis.

I’m actually thinking of at least contacting one podcast show I listen to and asking the hosts if they want to do an interview with me, since they get Catholicism wrong so much. Maybe it helps to spread the interest and truth of the faith, rather than all the lies about the faith they get from popular culture.

I’m aware of the podcasts done by the Institute of Catholic Culture but I find they discuss topics I’m not always interested in-though I do listen from time to time. Maybe something where the host(s) take some interest in the audience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"The problem with you sir, is that your intelligence enables you to evaluate people critically and when you evaluate people critically, you bring danger upon yourself."   -Lao Tzu

"And God said, “Let the earth bring forth living creatures according to their kinds: [...] creeping things [...] of the earth according to their kinds.” And it was so." -Genesis 1:24 (RSV:CE)

"And what do we say to the god of death?" "...not today."

Vive les Catholiques de la Vendée!
(08-12-2019, 01:27 PM)Sequentia Wrote: I’m actually thinking of at least contacting one podcast show I listen to and asking the hosts if they want to do an interview with me, since they get Catholicism wrong so much.

Um, good luck with that approach. Wink

What podcasts do you presently listen to?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bonaventure's post:
  • MagdalenaRita
(08-12-2019, 01:27 PM)Sequentia Wrote: I’m actually thinking of at least contacting one podcast show I listen to and asking the hosts if they want to do an interview with me, since they get Catholicism wrong so much. 

Be careful with that. Historically the Church frowned upon lay Catholic doing such things (public debates and discussions) because of the danger of someone who did not know the Faith well being billed as some expert or example of a Catholic, getting things badly wrong, and making the Church look foolish.

Historically people needed the local bishop's permission for such an interview or debate.

It might be better to see if you could arrange to have a traditional priest do that interview and just facilitate it.
Quote:... the danger of someone who did not know the Faith well being billed as some expert or example of a Catholic, getting things badly wrong, and making the Church look foolish.

How timely!  Just last night in The Pocket Aquinas p. 316, titled "On the Interpretation of Scripture":

Quote:Indeed, as Augustine states (Confessions, XII, 25), if a  person thinks that something false -- something that he believes and stubbornly dares to assert, on a point of which he is ignorant -- belongs formally to the essential doctrine of godliness, then he is an adversary. Now, Augustine says that this man is a hindrance, because the true faith is thus made a laughingstock before nonbelievers when something is set up by an uninstructed believer as a part of faith...

I wish that this wonderful tidbit of advice had been given to me a long, long time ago!

Sequentia, I listen to Taylor Marshall and Tim Gordon's podcast from time to time. I sometimes list to Michael Knowles podcast.
Maybe I thought more along the lines of sharing my conversion story, and that it’s possible for specific people to convert to the faith based on logic.

Perhaps that is a foolish thing to talk about though with lapsed or non-believers. I don’t know, I’ve shared my conversion story many times to non-Catholics (face to face) and usually it’s met with genuine interest.

Telling people that they are outright wrong is fruitless but I’ve found that sharing your conversion story (or something like it) has a far more positive effect on people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"The problem with you sir, is that your intelligence enables you to evaluate people critically and when you evaluate people critically, you bring danger upon yourself."   -Lao Tzu

"And God said, “Let the earth bring forth living creatures according to their kinds: [...] creeping things [...] of the earth according to their kinds.” And it was so." -Genesis 1:24 (RSV:CE)

"And what do we say to the god of death?" "...not today."

Vive les Catholiques de la Vendée!
What podcast in particular is it? I subscribe to a few Catholic youtube channels, but no podcasts. I'll take any suggestions if somebody knows any good ones.
(08-12-2019, 04:31 PM)MagisterMusicae Wrote: Be careful with that. Historically the Church frowned upon lay Catholic doing such things (public debates and discussions) because of the danger of someone who did not know the Faith well being billed as some expert or example of a Catholic, getting things badly wrong, and making the Church look foolish.

Historically people needed the local bishop's permission for such an interview or debate.

And how is that different than just about any topic discussed here at FE, or the numerous other sites/platforms in which that is currently happening?
(08-12-2019, 06:32 PM)Bonaventure Wrote:
(08-12-2019, 04:31 PM)MagisterMusicae Wrote: Be careful with that. Historically the Church frowned upon lay Catholic doing such things (public debates and discussions) because of the danger of someone who did not know the Faith well being billed as some expert or example of a Catholic, getting things badly wrong, and making the Church look foolish.

And how is that different than just about any topic discussed here at FE, or the numerous other sites/platforms in which that is currently happening?

Most of us are Catholics, talking in a Catholic environment. 

What the OP was proposing (at least to me) sounded like a Catholic jumping onto a non-Catholic podcast as a official representative of Catholicism.

It's more like a Catholic club here, where a few non-Catholics venture in to see how things are going. The fact of having other good Catholics around, means if we go way off the rails, we can be called out. We also have various people here (and I think even a priest or two) who are ready to moderate the discussion. The environment is a traddie Catholic one, so it's not like venturing out into the world and preaching on a soapbox.

As regards sites like Catholic Answers or similar apologetic sites, these are run by the kind of people would have been given permission to do such things. Often they are overseen by bishops.

As regards personal blogs, those are a touchier issue, and I don't fully agree that every one and his mother should have one.
I like the Taylor Marshall and Tim Gordon ones also, but my favorite has to be Tumblar House's Off The Menu, with Charles Coulombe.
Eternal Father, I offer Thee the most precious blood of Thy Divine Son, Jesus, in union with the Masses said Throughout the world today, for all the holy souls in Purgatory. Amen.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dahveed's post:
  • Augustinian
The only podcasts I really listen to are Taylor Marshall's or the Matt Fradd show/Pints with Aquinas.

Otherwise its mostly trad sermons or other audio on YouTube.
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

“Behold this Heart which has so loved men that It spared nothing, even going so far as to exhaust and consume Itself to prove to them Its love” - Our Lord to St. Margaret Mary

My blog: https://slavetothesacredhe.art.blog/

Malachi Martin was right.