Catholic Podcasts
(08-12-2019, 11:09 PM)Augustinian Wrote: The only podcasts I really listen to are Taylor Marshall's or the Matt Fradd show/Pints with Aquinas.

I've found Pints with Aquinas to be, well, not liberal, but more like your average NO parish. The episode on Pascal's Wager, for example, didn't mention hell at all, when that's 1/4 of the Wager - to bet that God doesn't exist when He actually does. But, you know, the Pope says atheists go to heaven now.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Paul's post:
  • Augustinian
(08-12-2019, 11:19 PM)Paul Wrote:
(08-12-2019, 11:09 PM)Augustinian Wrote: The only podcasts I really listen to are Taylor Marshall's or the Matt Fradd show/Pints with Aquinas.

I've found Pints with Aquinas to be, well, not liberal, but more like your average NO parish. The episode on Pascal's Wager, for example, didn't mention hell at all, when that's 1/4 of the Wager - to bet that God doesn't exist when He actually does. But, you know, the Pope says atheists go to heaven now.

Yes, that is one of the things which has made me listen to him less over the past year. Matt Fradd, while intending good, is a little too modern to agree with everything he says. I know he did an interview with Timothy Gordon recently, so I'm sure he will butt heads with him given Tim's no-nonsense defense of the hard-line dogmas (in his own dude-bro way).
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

'Therefore do I weep, and my eyes run down with water: because the comforter, the relief of my soul, is far from me: my children are desolate because the enemy hath prevailed.' - Lamentations 1:16

[Image: LaSaletteTears.jpg]
I listen to Taylor and Tim. Sometimes I have to break up the listening into 2-3 sessions because their podcasts run 1 to 1.5 hours. There was another I tried listening to - "The Catholic Man Podcast" which I thought would be interesting, but came across mostly as an immature giggle fest.
(08-12-2019, 07:40 PM)MagisterMusicae Wrote:
(08-12-2019, 06:32 PM)Bonaventure Wrote:
(08-12-2019, 04:31 PM)MagisterMusicae Wrote: Be careful with that. Historically the Church frowned upon lay Catholic doing such things (public debates and discussions) because of the danger of someone who did not know the Faith well being billed as some expert or example of a Catholic, getting things badly wrong, and making the Church look foolish.

Historically people needed the local bishop's permission for such an interview or debate.

And how is that different than just about any topic discussed here at FE, or the numerous other sites/platforms in which that is currently happening?

Most of us are Catholics, talking in a Catholic environment. 

While that might be true of the commentators, there are a lot of 'guest' viewers here as well.  Hard to say if they are all Catholic or not.

(08-12-2019, 07:40 PM)MagisterMusicae Wrote: What the OP was proposing (at least to me) sounded like a Catholic jumping onto a non-Catholic podcast as a official representative of Catholicism.

Well, the title of this thread is 'Catholic Podcasts' so I assume the podcast the OP was referring to was somewhat Catholic in nature.

(08-12-2019, 07:40 PM)MagisterMusicae Wrote: It's more like a Catholic club here, where a few non-Catholics venture in to see how things are going. The fact of having other good Catholics around, means if we go way off the rails, we can be called out. We also have various people here (and I think even a priest or two) who are ready to moderate the discussion. The environment is a traddie Catholic one, so it's not like venturing out into the world and preaching on a soapbox.

That may be true, but if the rule is one needs the blessing of a bishop, I don't see how FE would be an exception.

(08-12-2019, 07:40 PM)MagisterMusicae Wrote: As regards sites like Catholic Answers or similar apologetic sites, these are run by the kind of people would have been given permission to do such things. Often they are overseen by bishops.

Is such permission made public?  I ask because how is one to know if an apologetic site, or even a Catholic newspaper, is properly given permission or overseen by a bishop?  For example, I subscribe to, and receive, numerous Catholic publications, and nowhere in them is there any mention of them being approved and/or overseen by a bishop.  Are such publications licit?  Is it ok for me to read them if they do not have the blessing of a bishop?

(08-12-2019, 07:40 PM)MagisterMusicae Wrote: As regards personal blogs, those are a touchier issue, and I don't fully agree that every one and his mother should have one.

While I would agree that there are many blogs out there that probably shouldn't exist, I will say that but for a particular Catholic-themed blog, I probably would have never reverted back to the Church (not that I had officially left--I had simply quit going altogether after getting frustrated with scandals).  I can't say the same thing for any bishop (in fact, just the opposite).
Sequentia, I've thought of another that may appeal: Padre Peregrino. Father Dave Nix, former EMT, was ordained as a NO priest, but these days has come to tradition.
Eternal Father, I offer Thee the most precious blood of Thy Divine Son, Jesus, in union with the Masses said Throughout the world today, for all the holy souls in Purgatory. Amen.
If it's podcasts you're after, why not Regina Prophetaurum?  It features sermons and lectures by traditional priests thay you can download to your phone and listen to while doing the dishes or driving, etc.  For a video channel, Fr. Chad Ripperger's Sensus Traditionis is also good.  I'm sorry if you know these already.  They aren't call-in shows, either.