New Governor of Illinois Checks Off Another Leftist Goal
[Image: CGSIlHd.png]
Governor Pritzker of Illinois continues to check off typical leftist goals in the name of "rights" by enshrining LGBTQ history in the curriculum of public school education. LGBT+ is now, officially, a core subject as if Pride Month wasn't enough. 

Source: https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/aug/12/jb-pritzker-illinois-governor-signs-bill-requiring/

My commentary in red.

Quote:The Land of Lincoln will require public schools to incorporate LGBTQ figures into history lessons.

Illinois Gov. J.B. Pritzker on Friday signed House Bill 246, which mandates the following: “In public schools only, the teaching of history shall include a study of the roles and contributions of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people in the history of this country and this State.” So they're mainly featured because they aren't straight or think they're another sex. 

The bill, introduced by Rep. Anna Moeller, will go into effect in July.

Tweet: “THNX Gov. Pritzker, legislative champs @staterepmoeller @SenatorSteans, amazing partners @ILSafeSchools @lgbt_legacy!” Equality Illinois, the state’s largest LGBTQ civil rights group tweeted Friday.

State Sen. Heather Steans, who also sponsored the bill, said earlier this year that lawmakers sought to “not only teach an accurate version of history but also promote acceptance of the LGBTQ community.” I can't help but chuckle at her but. It's like slipping drugs into your date's drink as you lean in. I can see how the lesson turns out:

"Today's figure is a bisexual inventor. We don't officially know if she was bisexual, but there were certain letters written by her that might indicate she was. She invented X, but did I also mention she was bisexual? Well, during her time anything but being straight was dismissed and socially maligned .... "

Tweet: “One of the best ways to overcome intolerance is through education and exposure to different people and viewpoints,” the Democrat said, WGN reported. This is all talk. The main agenda was stated earlier: to further normalize the LGBT+ sexuality. The chances of schools concentrating on socially conservative LGBT+ figures is slim to none. If it was just gaining exposure to different people and viewpoints then emphasizing one's non-straight sexuality wouldn't be a goal nor would it need a bill to enshrine into educational law. 

Reddit approves, giving it 1k upvotes. 

In his first few months he has legalized recreational marijuana (personally I don't have a strong opinion on this) as well as signing a bill that protects state abortion up to a full term. No parental notification and permission is required if under the age of 18.

Source: https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/12/politics/...index.html

Quote:The Illinois bill, effective immediately, protects an individual's "fundamental right to make autonomous decisions about one's own reproductive health," including to continue a "pregnancy and give birth or to have an abortion." Where is this "fundamental right" found? Where is the proof that abortion, full abortion or not, is a "right"? When I think of "reproductive health" I think of the health of the mother and baby through each trimester and birth - abortion doesn't come into the picture. 

The bill repeals the Illinois Abortion Law of 1975, which punished doctors for abortions not deemed "necessary," as well as the the state's Partial-birth Abortion Ban Act. It also establishes "that a fertilized egg, embryo, or fetus does not have independent rights under the law, of this State." At least they're honest on how they view the baby. 

Pritzker praised the bill as a safeguard against federal abortion restrictions and expressly welcomed women from states limiting reproductive care to seek care in Illinois. Reproductive health, reproductive care ... Which is it? 

The bill "ensures that women's rights do not hinge on Roe V. Wade or the whims of an increasingly conservative supreme court in Washington," he said. Again, where does this "fundamental right" to supposed bodily autonomy come from (no mention of the male's part in sex; already started that a baby if classified as a "fertilized egg, embryo or fetus" have no independent rights). 

Governor Pritzker is as shallow as a three feet kiddie's pool. I wouldn't be surprised if he'll push for free healthcare and zero tuition for a university degree.
Unfortunately I don't have any "fun facts" about me unless being a practicing Catholic counts.

Trying to get better every day week.
[-] The following 2 users Like GRA's post:
  • antiquarian, LionHippo
It's indoctrination. Of course they force the schools to teach the kids, because even in Illinois, only about 10 counties out of 102 are "blue" and the rest of the state is conservative.

It would be one thing if they presented the history of using just names and accomplishments, i.e. Jane Doe is lesbian and it's stated that "Jane Doe discovered a new type of easily recyclable plastic" or whatever. But it won't be. All this will be under some separate heading of "LGBT" accomplishments in the books, at which point the teacher will have to ask the students if they know what it means, explain that we didn't used to teach this because people didn't agree with it, but now they can even get married!, and ask the kids if they know anyone like this, or even if they might feel this way themselves. It's just a Trojan Horse to introduce the LGBT lifestyle as a legitimate choice for kids to consider and celebrate. Evil intentions.
[-] The following 2 users Like LionHippo's post:
  • antiquarian, jovan66102
Rainbow flag may as well be the new Hammer and Sickle as far as I'm concerned. Alas, while the One Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church has been infiltrated, there is not much we can do, those traitors like James Martin should have been removed long before this and those Dems like Joe Biden, Tim Kaine and Nancy Pelosi should already be publicly excommunicated for their abortion practices.

The peace of the world depends on the sanctity of Christ's Church.... so we're in big trouble while ever this wolf in sheep's clothing is at the top, waiting to see what comes out of this Amazon farce.

"For the sake of His sorrowful passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world."

God Bless
Jesus to St Faustina:

"For you I descended from heaven to earth; for you I allowed myself to be nailed to the cross; for you I let my Sacred Heart be pierced with a lance, thus opening wide the source of mercy for you. Come, then, with trust to draw graces from this fountain. I never reject a contrite heart." (Diary, 1485)

"Remember My Passion, and if you do not believe My words, at least believe My wounds." (Diary, 379)

"It is in My Passion that you must seek light and strength." (Diary, 654)
Leftists reproduce by brainwashing.
--BobCatholic 
I'm praying for the souls in purgatory. Come, let's empty Purgatory with Jesus' help!