What do Protestants experience when they describe a “personal relationship with God”?
(08-14-2019, 11:22 AM)FultonFan Wrote: I assume everyone’s familiar with “accepting Christ as your personal Saviour” as described by many Protestants.

IMO we should also be familiar with it ourselves as Catholics, this is what separates Catholics and Cafeteria Catholics who don't really believe and just treat the Church like it's some kind of ancestry, club or family tradition.

In it's simplest form -

Luke 9:18-20 Wrote:18 Now it happened that as he was praying alone the disciples were with him; and he asked them, “Who do the people say that I am?” 19 And they answered, “John the Baptist; but others say, Eli′jah; and others, that one of the old prophets has risen.” 20 And he said to them, “But who do you say that I am?”

John 18:33-34 Wrote:33 Pilate entered the praetorium again and called Jesus, and said to him, “Are you the King of the Jews?” 34 Jesus answered, “Do you say this of your own accord, or did others say it to you about me?”

When we can say with St Thomas "My Lord and my God" only then can we become real Catholics, and have already accepted Christ in our Hearts as our Lord and God and hence why I'm Catholic.

(08-14-2019, 11:22 AM)FultonFan Wrote: Many of these people seem to be doing what’s right according to a dulled conscience.

I don't think it's deluded, I think it is right and a crucial step, it's simply the incorrect and false teachings taking them away from the Church Christ founded and His real presence in the Holy Eucharist that is so sad.

(08-14-2019, 11:22 AM)FultonFan Wrote: So what are they experiencing when they go to Christ in prayer? Are they receiving graces to lead them to full Communion with the Church? Is it something else they’re experiencing?

I do believe they can and do receive graces that can lead them back to the One Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church (Dr Scott Hahn perfect example), if they follow it though, and not just stay content where they are or if they do not have a sin/reservation of some kind holding them back.

Dr Scott Hahn clearly accepted Christ in his heart as 'my Lord and my God', which was the key that ended up leading him home to the One Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church.

God Bless You
[-] The following 1 user Likes josh987654321's post:
  • Markie Boy

Messages In This Thread
RE: What do Protestants experience when they describe a “personal relationship with God”? - by josh987654321 - 09-10-2019, 09:11 PM