After 35 years
I was raised in the Novus Ordo in the 70s and 80s, altar boy, parish school. In high school I drifted away, and stayed adrift for a long time but I was called back. I went to a few Novus Ordo Masses and just wasn't feeling it, it didn't stick. I added the word "traditional" to my search and discovered where I belonged. A month ago I did my 35 year confession and am receiving Communion at last. I was always Catholic. It's my heritage. You know when your home.

I'm here because I'm seeking community. My church is starting up a men's group that I'm excited for but it's not up and running yet.

I'm devout, but not everybody in my family shares this, and that's one of the reasons I'm here. I'll get around to that when I've got the time to delve into it.

Nice to meet you all. And now I'm off to Mass for the Assumption, with only some of my family.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
[-] The following 8 users Like OLOTS's post:
  • Bonaventure, Catherine, Fionnchu, josh987654321, LionHippo, olorin12, SeeTheLight, Zedta
Welcome and God Bless!

Happy to see you here.
"The Eucharist is the Sacrament of Love; it signifies love, It produces love. The Eucharist is the consummation of the whole spiritual life." -St. Thomas Aquinas

“To be tempted is a sign that the soul is very pleasing to the Lord.” St. Padre Pio
[-] The following 1 user Likes SeeTheLight's post:
  • OLOTS
Welcome OLOTS. I had a similar gap and can relate. I completely agree with the cultural heritage part as well.

Good luck with your family. I have been tactfully sharing my renewed faith with my 2 adult sons over the past few years. No pressure, mostly just practicing the faith. One just entered the Church this last Easter and the other will be starting RCIA shortly. Warms my heart.
[-] The following 3 users Like jack89's post:
  • Fionnchu, josh987654321, OLOTS
Welcome home, OLOTS.
Eternal Father, I offer Thee the most precious blood of Thy Divine Son, Jesus, in union with the Masses said Throughout the world today, for all the holy souls in Purgatory. Amen.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dahveed's post:
  • OLOTS
You are very welcome OLOTS. Here you will find all the help you need.
In the end my Immaculate Heart will triumph.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MyLady's post:
  • OLOTS
Your story mirrors mine.

Welcome back.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bonaventure's post:
  • OLOTS
Hi OLOTS
Hope you'll find what you search here
Welcome, welcome!! Hi!
"Not only are we all in the same boat, but we are all seasick.” --G.K. Chesterton
(08-15-2019, 09:25 PM)OLOTS Wrote: I was raised in the Novus Ordo in the 70s and 80s, altar boy, parish school.  In high school I drifted away, and stayed adrift for a long time but I was called back.  I went to a few Novus Ordo Masses and just wasn't feeling it, it didn't stick.  I added the word "traditional" to my search and discovered where I belonged.  A month ago I did my 35 year confession and am receiving Communion at last.  I was always Catholic.  It's my heritage.  You know when your home.  

I'm here because I'm seeking community
I echo your words and your post-conciliar experience, reactions and reversion while on a similar, solo path. All best wishes and keep us posted. After lurking a while, I got up the courage to sign on to FE for mutual support, too.
The deeds you do may be the only sermon some people may hear today (Francis of Assisi); Win an argument, lose a soul (Fulton Sheen)