Bishop does not want Tabernacle front and center
In our dioceses most of the parishes I have seen have the priests chair front and center behind the "table".

We had a discussion last nite with our new priest about moving the Tabernacle back front and center, and he seems pretty on board.  But he also mentioned another parish that wanted this, and they asked the bishop three times about doing it, and the bishop seems to give no answer.

When I heard how it happened, it sounds like the the bishop does not want to move them back, but does not want to utter actual words that say this as then he's on the hook.  This is exactly how our former priest operated on most issues of substance it seems.

Anyone else run into this - and how does one restore things in a case like this?
The "presider's chair" has always been among one of the strangest things about the New Mass. It's almost as if they were trying to condition people to worshiping a man... :P
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Put not your trust in princes: In the children of men, in whom there is no salvation. - Ps. 145:2-3

"For there shall be a time, when they will not endure sound doctrine; but, according to their own desires, they will heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears: And will indeed turn away their hearing from the truth, but will be turned unto fables." - 2 Timothy 4:3-4
[-] The following 2 users Like Augustinian's post:
  • Eric F, karl
I heard a visiting priest rant once during a homily at the fact that many people wanted a return to tradition.  He said "I don't know what that's all about" and went on to propose a more circular way of sitting around the Church so we could all "celebrate" together as a community.
[-] The following 1 user Likes LionHippo's post:
  • karl
(08-16-2019, 07:29 AM)Markie Boy Wrote: In our dioceses most of the parishes I have seen have the priests chair front and center behind the "table".

We had a discussion last nite with our new priest about moving the Tabernacle back front and center, and he seems pretty on board.  But he also mentioned another parish that wanted this, and they asked the bishop three times about doing it, and the bishop seems to give no answer.

When I heard how it happened, it sounds like the the bishop does not want to move them back, but does not want to utter actual words that say this as then he's on the hook.  This is exactly how our former priest operated on most issues of substance it seems.

Anyone else run into this - and how does one restore things in a case like this?

Why not assume the bishop isn't responding because he agrees with it and doesn't want to rile the progressive boomers and just do it?  Does a pastor need permission for this or just money?
[-] The following 2 users Like MiserereMeiDeus's post:
  • Catherine, karl
(08-16-2019, 08:56 PM)LionHippo Wrote: I heard a visiting priest rant once during a homily at the fact that many people wanted a return to tradition.  He said "I don't know what that's all about" and went on to propose a more circular way of sitting around the Church so we could all "celebrate" together as a community.
I would have walked out of that mass.  Oh wait, I have.