Fatima Prayer in Latin or Portuguese?
I'm trying to memorize basic prayers in Latin, eventually to pray the rosary by memory in Latin, and was wondering about the Fatima Prayer. I include it when I say the rosary in English, so I will in Latin.

However, I thought it might be more respectful, or appropriate, to say it in Portuguese.  I know that sounds a bit trivial, but there it is. 

Please let me know how you all do it, and what you think.  Also, I've seen a couple of Latin translations of it. What do you prefer?

Thanks.
I personally just say it in English, but I am learning the Latin version now so I can say the entire rosary in Latin.

I don't see why Portuguese would be any more appropriate or respectful, it isn't as though Our Lady requested it be said in a particular language. But hey, go for it.
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Put not your trust in princes: In the children of men, in whom there is no salvation. - Ps. 145:2-3

"For there shall be a time, when they will not endure sound doctrine; but, according to their own desires, they will heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears: And will indeed turn away their hearing from the truth, but will be turned unto fables." - 2 Timothy 4:3-4
[-] The following 1 user Likes Augustinian's post:
  • jack89
(08-16-2019, 07:10 PM)Augustinian Wrote: I personally just say it in English, but I am learning the Latin version now so I can say the entire rosary in Latin.

I don't see why Portuguese would be any more appropriate or respectful, it isn't as though Our Lady requested it be said in a particular language. But hey, go for it.

Yeah, you're probably right.  I was just thinking since the Fatima children likely prayed it in Portuguese, it might be fitting.  But since I'm going Latin with the rest or the prayers, I'll do so with the Fatima prayer as well.
There are at least three versions on the prayer in Latin, because the original was never in Latin and no official version has been published as such.

So, if you decide to go with one of these, just don't insist your version is the only one, nor should you expect to just jump into a public prayer group and pray it in Latin with all agreeing on what to say. 

All good to try to pray your Rosary in Latin, but at the same time, make sure you are praying and it's not just an exercise in Latin pronunciation.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MagisterMusicae's post:
  • SeeTheLight
(08-17-2019, 09:27 PM)MagisterMusicae Wrote: There are at least three versions on the prayer in Latin, because the original was never in Latin and no official version has been published as such.

I saw that and thought maybe in original Portuguese would be more fitting because of it, but sticking to the official Roman Rite language, even if I have to pick a version, is probably best.