Pray for me, I'm depressed, and lonely
I've been depressed for the past months because I no longer know my purpose here. It seems all is futile. I've been very busy in my search for job and when I did find a job and thought I will be settling down, I realized I neglected my closest friends.. And now I'm lonely as well because of this.

I've made friends at my new job but they will never replace the friendships I've neglected. Also, one of my coworkers who has been close to me is thinking to leave our company and he doesn't know that I know and all I can do is to pray silently that whatever difficult situation he is in will be resolved so that he doesn't have to leave ...
[-] The following 1 user Likes filiusmariae's post:
  • dahveed
Oops. Clicked the wrong button. filiusmariae, I'm adding you to my Rosary intentions.
Eternal Father, I offer Thee the most precious blood of Thy Divine Son, Jesus, in union with the Masses said Throughout the world today, for all the holy souls in Purgatory. Amen.
(08-18-2019, 08:50 AM)dahveed Wrote: Oops. Clicked the wrong button. filiusmariae, I'm adding you to my Rosary intentions.

Thank you!
Will do!
"If your heart comes to feel a natural hatred for sin, it has defeated the causes of sin and freed itself from them. Keep hell’s torments in mind; but know that your Helper is at hand. Do nothing that will grieve Him, but say to Him with tears: ‘Be merciful and deliver me, O Lord, for without Thy help I cannot escape from the hands of my enemies.’ Be attentive to your heart, and He will guard you from all evil."

- St. Isaias the Solitary

"Constant action overcomes cold; being still overcomes heat. Purity
and stillness give the correct law to all under heaven."

- Tao Te Ching 45
I did that once.  Neglected my friends while I was going thru a very hard time and was unable to get them back - they had moved on in their lives, too.
Lots of us go thru bad times, sad times, really depressed times.  Lots of us have days that, when we try to look into the future, we don't see anything getting better.  But it does.  It always gets better.  Maybe not tomorrow, but it gets better.  Hang in there.
Prayers for you. At least you are wise enough to recognize what you did wrong, and now you will hopefully not make this same mistake again. Most people never reach that point.

St. Mary of Egypt, Ora Pro Nobis!

Pray Pray Prayers for you.
I pray tomorrow will be better than today... And that everything will be better soon...
(08-18-2019, 06:29 AM)filiusmariae Wrote: I've been depressed for the past months because I no longer know my purpose here. It seems all is futile. I've been very busy in my search for job and when I did find a job and thought I will be settling down, I realized I neglected my closest friends.. And now I'm lonely as well because of this.

I've made friends at my new job but they will never replace the friendships I've neglected. Also, one of my coworkers who has been close to me is thinking to leave our company and he doesn't know that I know and all I can do is to pray silently that whatever difficult situation he is in will be resolved so that he doesn't have to leave ...

Keep hoping.
You are feeling depressed because you are thinking there's no hope, which is NOT TRUE.

Don't think there is something God can't fix. What you need to do now, I believe, are keep praying and cultivate Christian virtues.
[-] The following 2 users Like andalusia's post:
  • filiusmariae, josh987654321
Praying for you that you get the help you need to overcome your depression! I've been in a similar situation. 

Quote:I pray tomorrow will be better than today... And that everything will be better soon...

I've been there. Sometimes you have to take it one day at a time. Is there anything that you, yourself can do to make things better?