Pray for me, I'm depressed, and lonely
(08-24-2019, 08:50 AM)Birdie Wrote: Praying for you that you get the help you need to overcome your depression! I've been in a similar situation. 

Quote:I pray tomorrow will be better than today... And that everything will be better soon...

I've been there. Sometimes you have to take it one day at a time. Is there anything that you, yourself can do to make things better?

Thanks for your prayers. Yes, I'm trying to take it one day at a time. I figured out that thinking about the future makes me depressed... But there are times that I really overthink. 

How were you able to overcome your situation?
(08-25-2019, 02:02 AM)filiusmariae Wrote: Thanks for your prayers. Yes, I'm trying to take it one day at a time. I figured out that thinking about the future makes me depressed... But there are times that I really overthink. 

How were you able to overcome your situation?

Different things. I figured out what was making me depressed and have developed different interests to keep myself busy so I don't have time to just sit and stew. Also, I've picked up old friendships that I neglected (my friends know why).
(08-18-2019, 06:29 AM)filiusmariae Wrote: I've been depressed for the past months because I no longer know my purpose here. It seems all is futile. I've been very busy in my search for job and when I did find a job and thought I will be settling down, I realized I neglected my closest friends.. And now I'm lonely as well because of this.

I've made friends at my new job but they will never replace the friendships I've neglected. Also, one of my coworkers who has been close to me is thinking to leave our company and he doesn't know that I know and all I can do is to pray silently that whatever difficult situation he is in will be resolved so that he doesn't have to leave ...

When you start to feel depressed, say in your head "Begone depression" aka "Begone Satan, do not suggest to me thy vanities, evil are the things thou profess, drinketh thou thy own poison" (St Benedict's medal) wear a St Benedict's medal if not already (I carry one with me on my Rosary beads I just put in my pocket).

I think it's important to recognize that depression is often a demonic oppression by the enemy the same as temptation.

I'm fortunate to have a close family, so my siblings are my close friends and therefore I don't need any close friends outside of that because I've always got my brother and sisters and my family, unfortunately not everyone has that (And even that will not last forever, we all die) with other people it can be more difficult, nevertheless, there is always hope, it just depends what you get fixated on, and when you get fixated on depressed thoughts, that's the enemy oppressing you, which will be the cause of your sanctification and strengthening when you recognize it and fight against it.

Hope this helps and God Bless You
Jesus to St Faustina:

"For you I descended from heaven to earth; for you I allowed myself to be nailed to the cross; for you I let my Sacred Heart be pierced with a lance, thus opening wide the source of mercy for you. Come, then, with trust to draw graces from this fountain. I never reject a contrite heart." (Diary, 1485)

"Remember My Passion, and if you do not believe My words, at least believe My wounds." (Diary, 379)

"It is in My Passion that you must seek light and strength." (Diary, 654)
(08-18-2019, 06:18 PM)MaryTN Wrote: Lots of us go thru bad times, sad times, really depressed times.  Lots of us have days that, when we try to look into the future, we don't see anything getting better.  But it does.  It always gets better.  Maybe not tomorrow, but it gets better.  Hang in there.

Exactly; and even if it doesn't get better, there will always be highs and lows in this life, moments of fun, joy, suffering and sadness, but we always have our Lord Jesus Christ and the hope to which we are called. If this life was all sunshine lollipops and rainbows we would hardly be looking forward to the life to come in Christ Jesus.

St Faustinas Diary Wrote:Always fight with the deep conviction that I am with you. Do not be guided by feeling, because it is not always under your control; but all merit lies in the will. Always depend upon your superiors, even in the smallest things. I will not delude you with prospects of peace and consolations; on the contrary, prepare for great battles. Know that you are now on a great stage where all heaven and earth are watching you. Fight like a knight, so that I can reward you. Do not be unduly fearful, because you are not alone. (Diary, 1760)

And remember the second reading to the Hebrews just this week (yesterday for me).

"So hold out your limp arms and steady your trembling knees and smooth out the path you tread; then the injured limb will not be wrenched, it will grow strong again."

God Bless You
Jesus to St Faustina:

"For you I descended from heaven to earth; for you I allowed myself to be nailed to the cross; for you I let my Sacred Heart be pierced with a lance, thus opening wide the source of mercy for you. Come, then, with trust to draw graces from this fountain. I never reject a contrite heart." (Diary, 1485)

"Remember My Passion, and if you do not believe My words, at least believe My wounds." (Diary, 379)

A true friend will always be there. Jesus is THE one true friend. The others, well just forgive them and ask God's forgiveness for your own sins Confession
"Not only are we all in the same boat, but we are all seasick.” --G.K. Chesterton
[-] The following 1 user Likes JacafamalaRedux's post:
  • josh987654321
(08-28-2019, 09:51 PM)JacafamalaRedux Wrote: A true friend will always be there. Jesus is THE one true friend. The others, well just forgive them and ask God's forgiveness for your own sins Confession

And to add to that -

St Faustinas Diary Wrote:Learn from this that no one will understand a soul entirely-that is beyond human ability. Therefore, I have remained on earth to comfort your aching heart and to fortify your soul, so that you will not falter on the way. You say that a dense darkness is obscuring your mind. But why, at such times, do you not come to Me, the light who can in an instant pour into your soul more understanding about holiness than can be found in any books? No confessor is capable of teaching and enlightening a soul in this way. Know, too, that the darkness about which you complain I first endured in the Garden of Olives when My Soul was crushed in mortal anguish. I am giving you a share in those sufferings because of My special love for you and in view of the high degree of holiness I am intending for you in heaven. A suffering soul is closest to My Heart. (Diary, 1487)

St Faustinas Diary Wrote:Behold, for you I have established a throne of mercy on earth the tabernacle-and from this throne I desire to enter into your heart. I am not surrounded by a retinue or guards. You can come to me at any moment, at any time; I want to speak to you and desire to grant you grace. (Diary, 1485)

God Bless
Jesus to St Faustina:

[-] The following 1 user Likes josh987654321's post:
  • JacafamalaRedux