TLM: The One thing I can't Stand.
(08-20-2019, 08:45 PM)LionHippo Wrote:
(08-19-2019, 04:01 PM)MagisterMusicae Wrote: If they are the future of the Church and just a fussy baby that mom or dad takes out to deal with when it becomes too much, Deo Gratias!

If they are the future of the Church, and not controlled (within reason) by their parents, then that future looks grim.

It's really in those first years that children learn how to behave and to obey their parents. If parents cannot be dutiful enough and situationally-aware of the impact their child's fussing and crying is causing to others, the discipline, formation and education of that child is likely to just make him into a monster later.

It is a balancing act. To hear a baby crying means that there is a baby and that's beautiful. To let that baby cry and ignore the impact on the child or the rest of the people around in a restaurant, church, theater, or public place where some decorum is required is not.

Very true.  I think sometimes - sometimes, just my opinion - a parent will take delight in a crying child, hoping that the rest of the faithful recognize their hardship and commitment to make it through Mass *no matter what* and perhaps even hoping for some type of remark so they can respond with a "This is the future of the Church!" speech.

Oh my gracious, I don't really think so. That'd be beyond the pale.
Oh my Jesus, I surrender myself to you. Take care of everything.--Fr Dolindo Ruotolo

Persevere..Eucharist, Holy Rosary, Brown Scapular, Confession. You will win.

Messages In This Thread
RE: TLM: The One thing I can't Stand. - by Zedta - 08-19-2019, 07:52 AM
RE: TLM: The One thing I can't Stand. - by MyLady - 08-19-2019, 09:01 AM
RE: TLM: The One thing I can't Stand. - by MaryTN - 08-19-2019, 03:49 PM
RE: TLM: The One thing I can't Stand. - by JacafamalaRedux - 08-20-2019, 09:38 PM