Buffalo Diocese Seminarian Dean Speaks Out
Article with video here: Sudden resignation of seminarian at Christ the King Seminary blindsides Buffalo Diocese

The article includes his resignation letter.

The ex-dean says, "This culture of blackmail and hypocrisy within the clergy and the hierarchy is so deep, it is so entrenched. The only way for the church to survive is for good and honest lay people to reclaim their church and the first step is to stop putting money in the collection basket."

Sigh.
T h e   D u d e t t e   A b i d e s
Yeah but... did you read the letter?  It all mostly comes down to student complaints about "too much homework" and anecdotes about professors he didn't agree with.  Even if some of it might not have been ideal, like making bad jokes, it's far from anything serious.  It's nothing I didn't hear my classmates complaining about at uni, about having "too many pointless assignments".  I don't see why this has been given any attention.
"There are not over a hundred people in the United States who hate the Catholic Church. There are millions, however, who hate what they wrongly believe to be the Catholic Church -- which is, of course, quite a different thing." -Ven. Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen

"Let me repeat this sentence. It is impossible in human language to exaggerate the importance of being in a chapel or church before the Blessed Sacrament as often and for as long as our duties and state of life allow. That sentence is the talisman of the highest sanctity." -Fr. John Hardon, S.J.
It’s not generally a good idea to burn your employer in your resignation letter. Any other diocese or religious community will likely ask themselves if he might decide to burn them too should he leave. I’m not saying he was wrong, but I am not sure that was the most prudent thing to do. I discerned away from a vocation in the Church because I don’t want to play the ecclesiastical political game I’d have to play.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Credidi Propter's post:
  • Steven
Seems to be focused on what is good for his career.  Notice he talks about how he tried to change things for the better.  Maybe things did need to change, but frankly, I wouldn't want him working for me, negative energy.