What hobbies are you into right now?
If you're like me, you rotate some hobbies pretty quickly. Or maybe you're not like me, and you have a few hobbies that you're dedicated to. Either way, what do you like to do, in order to pass time?

I'm getting ready to start (re)learning to play the violin, and I've ordered a couple of doll kits to paint for my collection.
I read. A lot.

Used to play videos games. In late high school / early college I played the YuGiOh TCG competitively. (Went to National's twice... Didn't do well though haha)

I want to get into woodworking. Sorta dragging my feet on that.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Some Guy's post:
  • andalusia
Looking at getting my private pilot's license.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bonaventure's post:
  • Steven
(08-24-2019, 06:02 PM)Birdie Wrote: If you're like me, you rotate some hobbies pretty quickly. Or maybe you're not like me, and you have a few hobbies that you're dedicated to. Either way, what do you like to do, in order to pass time?

I'm getting ready to start (re)learning to play the violin, and I've ordered a couple of doll kits to paint for my collection.

Fishing, shooting, investing.
I took up blacksmithing. Love it!
[-] The following 2 users Like hawkwood's post:
  • dahveed, Some Guy
I'm active locally in amateur radio. Mostly A.R.E.S. (amateur radio emergency service) and Skywarn (weather tracking/spotting). Just a technician, studying for general license eventually. I read alot.
Eternal Father, I offer Thee the most precious blood of Thy Divine Son, Jesus, in union with the Masses said Throughout the world today, for all the holy souls in Purgatory. Amen.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dahveed's post:
  • formerbuddhist
Reading, saxophone, woodworking, reloading/shooting (nice little indoor range about 10min from the house), Computers. Lately been mostly reading though. I've got to finish up a little sitting bench for a friend (I'm not a fan of sanding so much lol).
"The Eucharist is the Sacrament of Love; it signifies love, It produces love. The Eucharist is the consummation of the whole spiritual life." -St. Thomas Aquinas

“To be tempted is a sign that the soul is very pleasing to the Lord.” St. Padre Pio
[-] The following 1 user Likes SeeTheLight's post:
  • formerbuddhist
Lately I've been heavy into computer related stuff (learning Python and Bash scripting, IPv6, networking and security topics etc.) as well as reading about computer science related topics. As a related topic I've gotten pretty heavily into studying EMF frequencies and their effects, especially with 5G about to roll out.  This has also gotten me into the philosophy and history of mathematics so I've been reading a bit on that topic along with trying to relearn a lot of the math stuff I haven't done in years. Tai Chi and Chinese Medicine. Studying Russian and Slavonic. Skateboarding. Reading the Greek Fathers and the Bible. Right now I'm working through St. John of Damascus's On the Orthodox Faith on the one hand and trying to go through the Prophets on the other. Just finished Jeramias. In short, I'm never bored, although I'm not as serious and disciplined about many of these the way I wish I could be. Great topic whoever started it.
Walk before God in simplicity, and not in subtleties of the mind. Simplicity brings faith; but subtle and intricate speculations bring conceit; and conceit brings withdrawal from God. -Saint Isaac of Syria, Directions on Spiritual Training

"It is impossible in human terms to exaggerate the importance of being in a church or chapel before the Blessed Sacrament as often and for as long as our duties and state of life allow. I very seldom repeat what I say. Let me repeat this sentence. It is impossible in human language to exaggerate the importance of being in a chapel or church before the Blessed Sacrament as often and for as long as our duties and state of life allow. That sentence is the talisman of the highest sanctity. "Father John Hardon
[-] The following 2 users Like formerbuddhist's post:
  • Some Guy, Steven
I've had the same hobbies for years.  Hunting (especially archery), shooting, fishing, hiking, mycology, cooking, and reading.  Most of this I do with my kids.

Eventually I'd like to learn to play electric bass.
-sent by howitzer via the breech.

God's love is manifest in the landscape as in a face.  - John Muir

I want creation to penetrate you with so much admiration that wherever you go, the least plant may bring you clear remembrance of the Creator.  A single plant, a blade of grass, or one speck of dust is sufficient to occupy all your intelligence in beholding the art with which it has been made  - Saint Basil

Heaven is under our feet, as well as over our heads. - Thoreau, Walden
[-] The following 2 users Like Jeeter's post:
  • formerbuddhist, hawkwood
(08-26-2019, 10:48 AM)Jeeter Wrote: I've had the same hobbies for years.  Hunting (especially archery), shooting, fishing, hiking, mycology, cooking, and reading.  Most of this I do with my kids.

Eventually I'd like to learn to play electric bass.

Mycology? You must be a real FUN GUY!  Big Grin
(Get it? Fungi...)
Sorry, couldn't resist.