View of Dr. Taylor Marshall
I think Timothy Gordon has some good stuff to say every now and then, and his perspective is a little different, which can be good. Doesn't he work in a school? His Twitter feed, and that of his wife, Steph, are a little aggressive at times, but with twitter that's to be expected. Steph gets pretty passionate sometimes, but it's in defense of the faith so I'll give her a pass.
Too hung up on Thomas Aquinas - to the point that he sounds like it's on the same level as Scripture.

Oddly contradicted on one or two shows. He has an Eastern Catholic deacon on a few shows, and shows this respect for the liturgy and all the tradition the East retained that the West really lost or messed with. Then on another show he mentions he has a friend that is Orthodox that mentioned their faiths were similar, but said - you have altar girls and we don't, you do communion in the hand and we don't, and we have married priests an you don't. Taylor seemed to give an over confident, we'll two out of three ain't bad response, rather than considering they may have something that was lost - but when the Eastern Catholic is on he does acknowledge they have kept things we lost.

Very intelligent, well studied. Too Thomas Aquinas focused, and comes off like his Trad position is the only right one.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Markie Boy's post:
  • Augustinian
I've watched a few of his conversations with Tim and didn't find anything in them particularly interesting.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Florus's post:
  • Alphonse il Segundo
(08-24-2019, 11:45 PM)jack89 Wrote:
(08-24-2019, 10:40 PM)SeekSalvation Wrote: I do listen to Taylor Marshall on YouTube as well. Here's my take, I believe what he reports and states is true and authentic; but I think he's a lot like Bishop Barron...A "BRAND" guy who's really more about you joining his St. Thomas Aquinas Institute. Just like Bishop Barron appears to be more about his "Word On Fire" brand than "Catholicism". Both are about the dollar. Are they Hypocrites? I don't know.

I think they're both trying to make some money, and that's fine.  Taylor Marshall has a lot of kids to feed, and I hope bishop Barron puts his money to good use.  I have been in a couple of online disagreements with Bishop Barron, but his videos were helpful when I was struggling a few years ago, so I have some mixed feelings about him.  I agree with just about everything Taylor puts out. 

I have been tempted to sign on with both of their classes a time or two.  Taylor Marshall especially.  Just not sure it's any better than what I can find for free, or in a book.

I guess I should have added that I do believe that both Dr Taylor Marshall and Bishop Barron are truly trying to save the Church. But I'm always suspicious of those who behave like 'money changers' in the Temple. Also, I'm not a fan of the one who comes off as his way is the ONLY WAY. Example: Pray in Latin only, and only go to TLM Mass because Novus Ordo is very very bad. Thanks for the feedback.
(08-26-2019, 05:11 AM)Markie Boy Wrote: Too hung up on Thomas Aquinas - to the point that he sounds like it's on the same level as Scripture.

It's not, but there's a reason the Council of Trent placed the Summa next to the Bible. Much of the Church's theology over the past 500 years is summed up by Aquinas, and while other theologians are worth considering, too, there's not really such a thing as too much Thomas Aquinas.

(08-26-2019, 05:11 AM)Markie Boy Wrote: Oddly contradicted on one or two shows.  He has an Eastern Catholic deacon on a few shows, and shows this respect for the liturgy and all the tradition the East retained that the West really lost or messed with.  Then on another show he mentions he has a friend that is Orthodox that mentioned their faiths were similar, but said - you have altar girls and we don't, you do communion in the hand and we don't, and we have married priests an you don't.  Taylor seemed to give an over confident, we'll two out of three ain't bad response, rather than considering they may have something that was lost - but when the Eastern Catholic is on he does acknowledge they have kept things we lost.

The Orthodox friend is a heretic and schismatic. The Eastern Catholic is not. Orthodox practices and liturgy don't mean much when they're done outside the Church.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Paul's post:
  • jovan66102
Oh I love me some tnt. They're very entertaining. Other than their view/s on Malachi Martin, they're pretty spot on. Smart guys, but Marshal has the theological background Gordan is the political guy. I love it when Marshal will say something and Gordon's like, "I knew that", lol.
Oh my Jesus, I surrender myself to you. Take care of everything.--Fr Dolindo Ruotolo

Persevere..Eucharist, Holy Rosary, Brown Scapular, Confession. You will win.