Biblical evidence for the Assumption, Coronation, and Immaculate Conception of Mary?
Even though I pray the rosary everyday and have consecrated myself to Christ through Mary through the Militia of the Immaculata, I will admit that I struggle with constant doubts about Mary's holy status and venerating her. I especially struggle with the above mentioned mysteries. I know that we as Catholics have the whole body of sacred Tradition, in addition to sacred Scripture, to rely on, but are there any specific passages in the Bible that can "prove" these mysteries and the veneration of Mary, in general?
Omnia et in omnibus Christus
I know the doubts you have because I did as well. I'll go through the Marian dogmas and doctrines and we'll see how much is backed up by scripture.

- The assumption. I could never find anything in the bible to support this.

- Immaculate conception. The claim that Mary was kept free from sin since her conception is also not in the bible. 
Scripture tells us that everyone is born with sin, Jesus was the only one who wasn't.
In fact Mary herself said "My soul glorifies the Lord and my spirit rejoices in God my savior." Luke 1:46-47. 
She wouldn't have to rejoice in God being her savior if she was free of sin.

Perpetual virginity. The claim that Mary was a virgin till death. There are several passages that refer to the brothers of Jesus which already tells us Mary had more children.
"But Joseph did not consummate their marriage until she gave birth to a son." Matthew 1:25. 
This is the definition of consummate "make (a marriage or relationship) complete by having sexual intercourse"
So this passage tells us without a doubt that Joseph had sex with Mary after Jesus was born.

- Mother of God. Well we know she gave birth to Jesus but to God in heaven... She then would be greater than God but we all know God was around thousands of years before Mary was on earth.

- Queen of heaven. I never read in the scriptures that Mary was made the queen of heaven. How could that be given she is a human.

Intercession. People will tell you that the words of Hail Mary are in the bible. And although they are correct they fail to tell you that it isn't written as a prayer. No where in the bible does it tell us to pray to Mary.

- Mediatrix. This says that Mary can mediate our prayers to God. The bible clearly tells us that Jesus is the only mediator and never tells us that Mary is.
"For there is one God, and one mediator also between God and men, the man Christ Jesus" 1 Timothy 2:5
"and to Jesus, the mediator of a new covenant, and to the sprinkled blood, which speaks better than the blood of Abel." Hebrews 12:24
 "For this reason He is the mediator of a new covenant." Hebrews 9:15
"He is also the mediator of a better covenant" Hebrew 8:6
There isn't one passage like these that tell us Mary is a mediator

That's my case for not praying to Mary. People will now give you their case which I find to be very weak. 
They will quote scripture that is trivial at best in my opinion. But hey, it's up to you. 
If your heart is telling you something isn't right then you should examine the case very closely.
If you don't find their evidence compelling enough to end your doubts then you should take the safe option. Pray to God, directly, as Jesus taught us.
(09-02-2019, 07:21 AM)Porkncheese Wrote: I know the doubts you have because I did as well. I'll go through the Marian dogmas and doctrines and we'll see how much is backed up by scripture.

- The assumption. I could never find anything in the bible to support this.

- Immaculate conception. The claim that Mary was kept free from sin since her conception is also not in the bible. 
Scripture tells us that everyone is born with sin, Jesus was the only one who wasn't.
In fact Mary herself said "My soul glorifies the Lord and my spirit rejoices in God my savior." Luke 1:46-47. 
She wouldn't have to rejoice in God being her savior if she was free of sin.

Perpetual virginity. The claim that Mary was a virgin till death. There are several passages that refer to the brothers of Jesus which already tells us Mary had more children.
"But Joseph did not consummate their marriage until she gave birth to a son." Matthew 1:25. 
This is the definition of consummate "make (a marriage or relationship) complete by having sexual intercourse"
So this passage tells us without a doubt that Joseph had sex with Mary after Jesus was born.

- Mother of God. Well we know she gave birth to Jesus but to God in heaven... She then would be greater than God but we all know God was around thousands of years before Mary was on earth.

- Queen of heaven. I never read in the scriptures that Mary was made the queen of heaven. How could that be given she is a human.

Intercession. People will tell you that the words of Hail Mary are in the bible. And although they are correct they fail to tell you that it isn't written as a prayer. No where in the bible does it tell us to pray to Mary.

- Mediatrix. This says that Mary can mediate our prayers to God. The bible clearly tells us that Jesus is the only mediator and never tells us that Mary is.
"For there is one God, and one mediator also between God and men, the man Christ Jesus" 1 Timothy 2:5
"and to Jesus, the mediator of a new covenant, and to the sprinkled blood, which speaks better than the blood of Abel." Hebrews 12:24
 "For this reason He is the mediator of a new covenant." Hebrews 9:15
"He is also the mediator of a better covenant" Hebrew 8:6
There isn't one passage like these that tell us Mary is a mediator

That's my case for not praying to Mary. People will now give you their case which I find to be very weak. 
They will quote scripture that is trivial at best in my opinion. But hey, it's up to you. 
If your heart is telling you something isn't right then you should examine the case very closely.
If you don't find their evidence compelling enough to end your doubts then you should take the safe option. Pray to God, directly, as Jesus taught us.

First off, no offense, but are you even Catholic? That said, what you say does reflect many of my own inklings regarding Mary, though I persist in Marian devotion.

I've primarily admired Mary for her humility and obedience to the Divine Will, yet, if she is truly immaculate, then she really had no choice but to accept the will of God, did she? If she was truly sinless and pure because God created her that way from the beginning of His plan for humanity's salvation, then she couldn't have had free will because she never could possibly have sinned. How is she not then merely an instrument created by God for the express purpose of incarnating the Savior, making her obedience a foregone conclusion and thus not very admirable?
You both should try to stop “figuring things out” on your own, and instead consult the Church.

You wouldn’t have Sacred Scripture without the Church. The Church is the only authority that can offer the fullest and correct understanding of its contents.

God bless you both.

(Edit. My edit was only to correct a line spacing error).
[-] The following 8 users Like FultonFan's post:
  • antiquarian, Augustinian, Birdie, LionHippo, MagisterMusicae, MiserereMeiDeus, Paul, Some Guy
(09-02-2019, 07:57 AM)FultonFan Wrote: You both should try to stop “figuring things out” on your own, and instead consult the Church.

You wouldn’t have Sacred Scripture without the Church. The Church is the only authority that can offer the fullest and correct understanding of its contents.

God bless you both.

While I can understand where you're coming from, I often receive statements like this, as if it's bad to have doubts or ask questions, and they frankly aren't very helpful. It's akin to being told "Shut up and do as you're told." Do you have any specific resources or advice to recommend that would help me to "consult the Church?"
(09-02-2019, 08:18 AM)whitewashed_tomb Wrote:
(09-02-2019, 07:57 AM)FultonFan Wrote: You both should try to stop “figuring things out” on your own, and instead consult the Church.

God bless you both.

While I can understand where you're coming from, I often receive statements like this, as if it's bad to have doubts or ask questions, and they frankly aren't very helpful. It's akin to being told "Shut up and do as you're told." Do you have any specific resources or advice to recommend that would help me to "consult the Church?"

Yes.

1) Good Catechisms.
There are a few I can name. For a good brief one, there’s Father Cogan’s “A Brief Catechism For Adults”.
“My Catholic Faith” by Bishop Morrow is probably about “moderate” in length.
“The Catechism Explained” by Father Spirago is excellent as well. A longer read.

2) Writings of the Church Fathers.
You can find a great deal of these online at New Advent.

3) Papal Encyclicals.

4) Writings of the Saints.

5) A good Missal with excellent explanations of Scripture. The “Saint Andrew’s Daily Missal” is a treasure.
[-] The following 2 users Like FultonFan's post:
  • Birdie, MagisterMusicae
"...she couldn't have had free will, because she could never possibly have sinned." 

Of course she could have sinned. The angels were created without Original Sin, and they still sinned. Adam and Eve were created without Original Sin, and they still sinned. Mary is the model of what we could have been: her will was completely united to God's, both because of her great gifts, and because she chose not to sin.
(09-02-2019, 05:42 AM)whitewashed_tomb Wrote: Even though I pray the rosary everyday and have consecrated myself to Christ through Mary through the Militia of the Immaculata, I will admit that I struggle with constant doubts about Mary's holy status and venerating her. I especially struggle with the above mentioned mysteries. I know that we as Catholics have the whole body of sacred Tradition, in addition to sacred Scripture, to rely on, but are there any specific passages in the Bible that can "prove" these mysteries and the veneration of Mary, in general?

Any mysteries specifically? From memory, there is a bit in revelation regarding Mary and in the Gospels, such as when Christ performed His first miracle ahead of time due to Mary's powerful intercession as the Holy Mother of God. The 'Hail Mary' is already found in scripture. Id very much recommend anything from Dr Scott Hahn or Sensus fidelium regarding this. Watching some now to recommend.

God Bless :)
This thread is just going to illustrate the dangers of sola scriptura
Consult the Fathers and the Saints. Pick up a copy of St Louis de Montfort's "True Devotion to the Blessed Virgin" as well.

To Jesus through Mary is a tenet of the Catholic faith.
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Put not your trust in princes: In the children of men, in whom there is no salvation. - Ps. 145:2-3

"For there shall be a time, when they will not endure sound doctrine; but, according to their own desires, they will heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears: And will indeed turn away their hearing from the truth, but will be turned unto fables." - 2 Timothy 4:3-4
[-] The following 4 users Like Augustinian's post:
  • Alphonse il Segundo, MagisterMusicae, MiserereMeiDeus, Some Guy
(09-02-2019, 07:21 AM)Porkncheese Wrote: (snip)

Read these pages:

https://www.fisheaters.com/mary.html

https://www.fisheaters.com/saints.html

https://www.fisheaters.com/solascriptura.html

And keep in mind that this is a Catholic website; it's not a place for Protestants to push heresy.
T h e   D u d e t t e   A b i d e s
[-] The following 6 users Like VoxClamantis's post:
  • antiquarian, Augustinian, FultonFan, MagisterMusicae, MiserereMeiDeus, MyLady