Why I Will Never Eat Fish Again
I started a thread on the Fukushima Nuclear Disaster isn't going away  some time ago, but this proposed action may well highly accelerate that threat to the life of all living things on the planet and that's not hyperbole.

Article Wrote:Link to Original Article Page

Why I Will Never Eat Fish Again
Submitted by Dave Hodges on Monday, September 9, 2019 - 03:11.
[Image: fukushima%201.jpg?itok=0j0JhHMQ]

The broadcast will clearly explain why I will never eat fish again, ever!  

One should have an open mind; open enough that things get in, but not so open that everything falls out

A democracy which makes or even effectively prepares for modern, scientific war must necessarily cease to be democratic. No country can be really well prepared for modern war unless it is governed by a tyrant, at the head of a highly trained and perfectly obedient bureaucracy
Huxley

The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch them without doing anything  
Einstein

Its no wonder truth is stranger than fiction.
Fiction has to make sense
Mark Twain
I'm a little nervous about watching it,  I've been on a carnivore kick lately and that includes a ton of fish (sardines,mackerel, salmon, haddock etc.)
Walk before God in simplicity, and not in subtleties of the mind. Simplicity brings faith; but subtle and intricate speculations bring conceit; and conceit brings withdrawal from God. -Saint Isaac of Syria, Directions on Spiritual Training

"It is impossible in human terms to exaggerate the importance of being in a church or chapel before the Blessed Sacrament as often and for as long as our duties and state of life allow. I very seldom repeat what I say. Let me repeat this sentence. It is impossible in human language to exaggerate the importance of being in a chapel or church before the Blessed Sacrament as often and for as long as our duties and state of life allow. That sentence is the talisman of the highest sanctity. "Father John Hardon
[-] The following 1 user Likes formerbuddhist's post:
  • Zedta
I'm a bit hesitant to watch it myself, as we love seafood.

So should the new forum name then be TofuEaters, or LegumeEaters? Sticking tongue out at you
-sent by howitzer via the breech.

God's love is manifest in the landscape as in a face.  - John Muir

I want creation to penetrate you with so much admiration that wherever you go, the least plant may bring you clear remembrance of the Creator.  A single plant, a blade of grass, or one speck of dust is sufficient to occupy all your intelligence in beholding the art with which it has been made  - Saint Basil

Heaven is under our feet, as well as over our heads. - Thoreau, Walden
[-] The following 2 users Like Jeeter's post:
  • Ambrosiano, Zedta
Personally, I try to eat only Atlantic caught fish and on occasion, (again, Atlantic) farm raised salmon. Problem with farm raised is it is often from the SE Asia area and they can use some very questionable items as food for their shrimp and fish.

I, thankfully, can't eat tofu or other soy products. Not just because of the phytoestrogens, but because I am allergic to the soybean. Really messes with my alimentary tract. Fart <-that's just the least of the problems. Big Grin
One should have an open mind; open enough that things get in, but not so open that everything falls out

A democracy which makes or even effectively prepares for modern, scientific war must necessarily cease to be democratic. No country can be really well prepared for modern war unless it is governed by a tyrant, at the head of a highly trained and perfectly obedient bureaucracy
Huxley

The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch them without doing anything  
Einstein

Its no wonder truth is stranger than fiction.
Fiction has to make sense
Mark Twain
(09-09-2019, 12:54 PM)formerbuddhist Wrote: I'm a little nervous about watching it,  I've been on a carnivore kick lately and that includes a ton of fish (sardines,mackerel, salmon, haddock etc.)

Don’t forget all that dihydrogen monoxide they’re soaked in.
[-] The following 2 users Like Paul's post:
  • Augustinian, SeeTheLight
(09-09-2019, 04:48 PM)Paul Wrote:
(09-09-2019, 12:54 PM)formerbuddhist Wrote: I'm a little nervous about watching it,  I've been on a carnivore kick lately and that includes a ton of fish (sardines,mackerel, salmon, haddock etc.)

Don’t forget all that dihydrogen monoxide they’re soaked in.

LOL
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

(09-09-2019, 02:56 PM)Jeeter Wrote: I'm a bit hesitant to watch it myself, as we love seafood.

So should the new forum name then be TofuEaters, or LegumeEaters? Sticking tongue out at you

Can't be TofuEaters! Soy has all those oestrogen mimicking isoflavones!
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

[-] The following 1 user Likes jovan66102's post:
  • redneckpride4ever
Eh, I don't care much for fish anyway. But hey, if you do get sick from eating fish, look at it as a date stamp on when you can meet Our Lord.
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

'Vanity of vanities, said Ecclesiastes: vanity of vanities, and all is vanity.' - Ecclesiastes 1:2

Malachi Martin was right.
How about we go full PC and name it Gender Neutral Vegan Jesuit Loving Mulch Eaters?

Hmm...that reminds me...any news from the Amazon synod?
[-] The following 1 user Likes redneckpride4ever's post:
  • jovan66102
I can't believe I'm reading this on fisheaters
"If your heart comes to feel a natural hatred for sin, it has defeated the causes of sin and freed itself from them. Keep hell’s torments in mind; but know that your Helper is at hand. Do nothing that will grieve Him, but say to Him with tears: ‘Be merciful and deliver me, O Lord, for without Thy help I cannot escape from the hands of my enemies.’ Be attentive to your heart, and He will guard you from all evil."

- St. Isaias the Solitary

"Constant action overcomes cold; being still overcomes heat. Purity
and stillness give the correct law to all under heaven."

- Tao Te Ching 45