Happy St. Skyscraper Day!

Oh, where are the snows of yesteryear!
(09-11-2019, 10:02 AM)Steven Wrote:
(09-11-2019, 09:53 AM)Blind Horus Wrote: Give it time, you'll see the humor

No, I don't think I will, any more so than I find humour in the 7/7 bombings or the genocides of the 20th century.  Senseless and evil actions are not humorous, even if other people have already experienced them previously.  A mother weeps at the loss of her child even if many mothers before her have experienced the same such grief, and it would be a horrible thing to laugh at her anguish because she's "late to the club".  Our Lord's example of consolation in Luke 7,13 is a much better response.

This American appreciates the humor.  

For those who don't get it, it's sardonic.  It's not mocking the people who have died or their families, but mocking the "America: Love it or Leave it" crowd who have turned 9/11 into a holy shrine around which "real Americans" must burn their annual pinch of incense in order to prove themselves patriotic.  Granted, I didn't lose anyone in 9/11.  Maybe if I had, I would feel differently.  But I, for one, will be glad when our society can finally put it behind us and be allowed to forget.  You know, like we did with Pearl Harbor - which, by the way, is the reason there is no one saying "Happy St. Radioactive Man Day!" on V-J Day.  We've been allowed to put it behind us.  St. Skyscraper is mocking those who refuse to let us put 9/11 behind us, but rather insist we relive it anew every goddamn year to prove our Americanness.
I have resigned myself to the reality that I shall have no peace or joy should I continue to exist for eternity.  The question of deism or Christianity no longer matters.  I hope that Christianity is a farce, and that when I die, my consciousness will cease to exist.  In the meantime, I ask the Theotokos to be at my side at my judgement and ask her to intercede to, as I beg, Christ to have mercy on me and to allow me to cease to exist when I die.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Melkite's post:
  • Emblemfan
"The Eucharist is the Sacrament of Love; it signifies love, It produces love. The Eucharist is the consummation of the whole spiritual life." -St. Thomas Aquinas

“To be tempted is a sign that the soul is very pleasing to the Lord.” St. Padre Pio

Oh, where are the snows of yesteryear!
(09-11-2019, 11:49 AM)Melkite Wrote:
(09-11-2019, 10:02 AM)Steven Wrote:
(09-11-2019, 09:53 AM)Blind Horus Wrote: Give it time, you'll see the humor

No, I don't think I will, any more so than I find humour in the 7/7 bombings or the genocides of the 20th century.  Senseless and evil actions are not humorous, even if other people have already experienced them previously.  A mother weeps at the loss of her child even if many mothers before her have experienced the same such grief, and it would be a horrible thing to laugh at her anguish because she's "late to the club".  Our Lord's example of consolation in Luke 7,13 is a much better response.

This American appreciates the humor.  

For those who don't get it, it's sardonic.  It's not mocking the people who have died or their families, but mocking the "America: Love it or Leave it" crowd who have turned 9/11 into a holy shrine around which "real Americans" must burn their annual pinch of incense in order to prove themselves patriotic.  Granted, I didn't lose anyone in 9/11.  Maybe if I had, I would feel differently.  But I, for one, will be glad when our society can finally put it behind us and be allowed to forget.  You know, like we did with Pearl Harbor - which, by the way, is the reason there is no one saying "Happy St. Radioactive Man Day!" on V-J Day.  We've been allowed to put it behind us.  St. Skyscraper is mocking those who refuse to let us put 9/11 behind us, but rather insist we relive it anew every goddamn year to prove our Americanness.

Come on now. Dodgy

I agree with your statement, we do need to stop idolizing horrible events, but cool it with the blasphemous remarks.
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

'Vanity of vanities, said Ecclesiastes: vanity of vanities, and all is vanity.' - Ecclesiastes 1:2

My blog: https://slavetothesacredhe.art.blog/
(09-11-2019, 11:49 AM)Melkite Wrote: St. Skyscraper is mocking those who refuse to let us put 9/11 behind us, but rather insist we relive it anew every goddamn year to prove our Americanness.

I totally disagree. I will never forget and I will do all in my power to remind others, and it has absolutely nothing to do with my 'Americaness'. It's because we must never forget that the gutter religion of the paedophile (may swine dung be upon him) has been trying to destroy us for 1500 years.

And as far as it being British 'humour', there was certainly no lack of similar remembrances on 7/7 0n my British friends pages.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

(09-11-2019, 10:18 AM)Blind Horus Wrote: I'll admit it is black humor but it's a military website and that's the way they roll, so sign up and post your grievances there, I'm sure they would love it. 

Yea but that's not the way we roll, as Catholics we are the salt and light of the world. They might think it's funny because it's not personal to them, but then they are desensitized to it and one day they will quote it like you did here and look like jackasses and it will not go down well at all, because like I said, if this was one of my family members who died in those horrific terrorist attacks I would be VERY upset.

When I was a kid, we were learning about shell shock from WWI, and all I was shown were people acting funny and so I laughed and thankfully was corrected in a charitable way. Because when you understand or learn about the horrors of what they went through in WWI, it really is not funny at all.

"For the sake of His sorrowful passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world."

God Bless
Jesus to St Faustina:

"For you I descended from heaven to earth; for you I allowed myself to be nailed to the cross; for you I let my Sacred Heart be pierced with a lance, thus opening wide the source of mercy for you. Come, then, with trust to draw graces from this fountain. I never reject a contrite heart." (Diary, 1485)

"Remember My Passion, and if you do not believe My words, at least believe My wounds." (Diary, 379)

"It is in My Passion that you must seek light and strength." (Diary, 654)
(09-11-2019, 11:49 AM)Melkite Wrote: But I, for one, will be glad when our society can finally put it behind us and be allowed to forget.  You know, like we did with Pearl Harbor - which, by the way, is the reason there is no one saying "Happy St. Radioactive Man Day!" on V-J Day.  We've been allowed to put it behind us.  St. Skyscraper is mocking those who refuse to let us put 9/11 behind us, but rather insist we relive it anew every goddamn year to prove our Americanness.

I'm Australian and I have never forgotten Pearl Harbor, we also remember our ANZAC's every year.... "Lest we forget". Why can't we put the Crucifixion and Death of our Lord behind us, why relive it anew every year?

You should not forget 9/11, I will not. If anything, heaven forbid if a terrorist one day hijacks the plane your on, you'll know there is no bargaining and talking these people down and you'll know the people on the plane that was headed for the Pentagon survived only because they overpowered the terrorists.

This is something those dealing with the Australian Lindt Cafe siege should have known and when the snipers had the shot they should have taken it, but they foolishly thought they could talk him down. Those who don't learn from history are destined to repeat it.

"For the sake of His sorrowful passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world."

God Bless
Jesus to St Faustina:

"For you I descended from heaven to earth; for you I allowed myself to be nailed to the cross; for you I let my Sacred Heart be pierced with a lance, thus opening wide the source of mercy for you. Come, then, with trust to draw graces from this fountain. I never reject a contrite heart." (Diary, 1485)

"Remember My Passion, and if you do not believe My words, at least believe My wounds." (Diary, 379)

[-] The following 2 users Like josh987654321's post:
  • jovan66102, SeeTheLight
(09-11-2019, 08:51 PM)josh987654321 Wrote:
(09-11-2019, 11:49 AM)Melkite Wrote: But I, for one, will be glad when our society can finally put it behind us and be allowed to forget.  You know, like we did with Pearl Harbor - which, by the way, is the reason there is no one saying "Happy St. Radioactive Man Day!" on V-J Day.  We've been allowed to put it behind us.  St. Skyscraper is mocking those who refuse to let us put 9/11 behind us, but rather insist we relive it anew every goddamn year to prove our Americanness.

I'm Australian and I have never forgotten Pearl Harbor, we also remember our ANZAC's every year.... "Lest we forget". Why can't we put the Crucifixion and Death of our Lord behind us, why relieve it anew every year?

You should not forget 9/11, I will not. If anything, heaven forbid if a terrorist one day hijacks the plane your own, you'll know there is no bargaining and talking these people down and you'll know the people on the plane that was headed for the Pentagon survived only because they overpowered the terrorists.

This is something those dealing with the Australian Lindt Cafe siege should have known and when the snipers had the shot they should have taken it, but they foolishly thought they could talk him down. Those who don't learn from history are destined to repeat it.

God Bless
I agree Josh one correction the Pentagon was hit flight 93 that crashed in a field was headed for the White House.
"The Eucharist is the Sacrament of Love; it signifies love, It produces love. The Eucharist is the consummation of the whole spiritual life." -St. Thomas Aquinas

“To be tempted is a sign that the soul is very pleasing to the Lord.” St. Padre Pio
[-] The following 1 user Likes SeeTheLight's post:
  • josh987654321
(09-11-2019, 08:58 PM)SeeTheLight Wrote: I agree Josh one correction the Pentagon was hit flight 93 that crashed in a field was headed for the White House.

Thanks mate.

God Bless
Jesus to St Faustina:

[-] The following 1 user Likes josh987654321's post:
  • SeeTheLight