Hope: A glimpse of a traditional parish
With all the negativity going on as regards the crisis in the Church today I thought it'd be nice to share what things are like here in Detroit at our local Institute of Christ the King parish. This particular parish is exclusively run by ICK; there is no Novus Ordo here whatsoever. It is truly a fantastic place to be!

A solemn high mass is offered every Sunday, as well as a low mass.
The Parish is stunningly beautiful.
Confession takes place every day of the year, before and after every mass. No one ever leaves without being able to have their confession heard.
There are first friday and saturday devotions.
The Institute uses the pre-1955 rites for Holy Week.
The sermons are powerful and practical, and the pastor is not afraid to speak out. After the controversy of God "willing the diversity of religions", the pastor gave a long homily making it clear that Catholicism is the only true religion and salvation is only found in the church.
There are well over 300 people present every Sunday for the solemn high mass, the parish is full of young people and families.
I could go on and on. I'm so happy and blessed to be a part of this parish. Detroit is truly an awesome place to be Catholic!

I just thought everyone could use some good news and see some of the positive things going on in the Church.

[Image: 16406681_239177116485792_3808532454144444797_n.jpg]
[-] The following 8 users Like 1Faith's post:
  • Amber, andalusia, antiquarian, Augustinian, Catherine, jovan66102, redneckpride4ever, VoxClamantis
Canon Sequeira went to Detroit from St. Louis. He was an excellent priest down here, so I'm sure he's doing wonderful things up there. Smile And it's such a beautiful church!
"There are not over a hundred people in the United States who hate the Catholic Church. There are millions, however, who hate what they wrongly believe to be the Catholic Church -- which is, of course, quite a different thing." -Ven. Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen

"Let me repeat this sentence. It is impossible in human language to exaggerate the importance of being in a chapel or church before the Blessed Sacrament as often and for as long as our duties and state of life allow. That sentence is the talisman of the highest sanctity." -Fr. John Hardon, S.J.