Anthony Hopkins playing Pope Benedict XVI.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure Benedict XVI is nothing like his portrayal.

Given some insights surrounding Francis, I don't think his portrayal is accurate either (although the actor bears a stunning resemblance).
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Put not your trust in princes: In the children of men, in whom there is no salvation. - Ps. 145:2-3

"For there shall be a time, when they will not endure sound doctrine; but, according to their own desires, they will heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears: And will indeed turn away their hearing from the truth, but will be turned unto fables." - 2 Timothy 4:3-4
(09-11-2019, 10:11 PM)Augustinian Wrote: Yeah, I'm pretty sure Benedict XVI is nothing like his portrayal.

Given some insights surrounding Francis, I don't think his portrayal is accurate either (although the actor bears a stunning resemblance).

I agree.

Very strange looking film.

I have to wonder how the writers and Hopkins came up with this bizarre portrayal.

The opening bit at the piano is especially odd.
[-] The following 1 user Likes FultonFan's post:
  • Augustinian
I'm not sure how they're worth a movie unless the filmmakers took some serious liberties.
I don’t think I like the idea of Anthony Hopkins playing Benedict XVI. Anthony Hopkins seems more of a scary figure than anything to me. Benedict XVI didn’t exactly have a sweet, grandpa face, but I’ve heard from many people who have met him that he was gentle as a lamb.
[-] The following 3 users Like Credidi Propter's post:
  • andalusia, Dominicana, jovan66102
(09-11-2019, 11:15 PM)Credidi Propter Wrote: I don’t think I like the idea of Anthony Hopkins playing Benedict XVI. Anthony Hopkins seems more of a scary figure than anything to me. Benedict XVI didn’t exactly have a sweet, grandpa face, but I’ve heard from many people who have met him that he was gentle as a lamb.

Perhaps they wanted to make him look scary, and Pope Francis look good.
[-] The following 1 user Likes andalusia's post:
  • josh987654321
Anthony Hopkins is incredibly versatile, he could play a gentle Pope Benedict if he wanted to. Doesn't seem like the filmmakers had that in mind, though. I won't be watching this.
Dissolve frigus ligna super foco
large reponens atque benignius
     deprome quadrimum Sabina,
          O Thaliarche, merum diota.

Permitte divis cetera...
Must see. If it wasn't done by or a traditional Catholic, --and I'm sure it wasn't-- they got a lot wrong.  :D Still, I understand by way of TNT that the cinematography looks very good. Mel Gibson could've helped. Where are ya, Mel?
Oh my Jesus, I surrender myself to you. Take care of everything.--Fr Dolindo Ruotolo

Persevere..Eucharist, Holy Rosary, Brown Scapular, Confession. You will win.
[-] The following 1 user Likes JacafamalaRedux's post:
  • FultonFan
(09-14-2019, 01:12 PM)JacafamalaRedux Wrote: Must see. If it wasn't done by or a traditional Catholic, --and I'm sure it wasn't-- they got a lot wrong.  :D Still, I understand by way of TNT that the cinematography looks very good. Mel Gibson could've helped. Where are ya, Mel?

https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=https://lookaside.fbsbx.com/lookaside/crawler/media/?media_id%3D2450486091645201&imgrefurl=https://www.facebook.com/melgibsonexclusive/photos/movie-poster-project-the-resurrection-release-date-spring-2020-theresurrection-t/2450486091645201/&docid=JpxdDzfc8r6_8M&tbnid=l_u-uiWdHy8S8M:&vet=1&w=960&h=557&source=sh/x/im
[-] The following 1 user Likes FultonFan's post:
  • JacafamalaRedux