Schism and End Times Scenario
Right now the Church and the Anti-Church are uncomfortably coexisting within the same institutional space. I think a real schism is in fact inevitable. Prophecy seems to point in that direction. Church and Anti-Church will soon formally separate, Anti-Church will be seen by the vast majority as the Catholic Church, and the majority of prelates will hold fast to Anti-Church, and thereby separate themselves from the Catholic Church. The Catholic Church will continue to exist only as a small and heavily persecuted remnant. Maybe Benedict will come out of his silence and lay claim to actually being the Pope and accuse Francis of being an anti-pope. Then we will see the Catholic Church, a small remnant flock led by the true pontiff, and Anti-Church, a large socially embraced "Church" led by an anti-pope which has taken over the institutional organization once known as the Roman Catholic Church. This Anti-Church was born in the aftermath of Vatican 2, which is likely what is revealed in the Third Secret of Fatima. Padre Pio said something to the effect that the third secret reveals that Satan will reign over a counterfeit church in the end times. Of course this is all just speculation, but informed speculation, and things could well play out this way.

Remember the description of the great harlot in Apocalypse 17 and 18? It certainly seems to be referring to Rome, an apostate Rome, or more precisely a diabolical spiritual power seated in Rome. This could well be this Anti-Church foretold in prophesy. Particular interesting is the urging of God for "his people" to come out of her. Of Course this presupposes that his people, Catholics, are "in" her. This could well refer to the institutional organization taken over by the Anti-Church.

"Go out from her, my people; that you be not partakers of her sins, and that you receive not of her plagues." (Apocalypse 18:4)

Having read Antonio Socci's latest book on Benedict's resignation and Francis rise to power, I'm becoming more and more persuaded that Francis is in fact the end-times anti-pope, the man "not canonically elected who by his cunning will endeavor to lead many into error and death". Of course I'm not fit to judge that with certainty, but it is definitely plausible and seems to make the most sense of the situation.

So if all of that is in fact the case, then it is in fact the "pope" and the prelates who follow him who will be the schismatics, it is they who will separate themselves definitively from the Catholic Church. It is they who will preside over the counterfeit church of Satan, wherein the Anti-Christ will take his seat. 

"...so that he sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself as if he were God" (2 Thessalonians 2:4)

Once this schism comes into full effect, and Anti-Church has the whole institutional apparatus in its grasp, then is likely when the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass will be suppressed, and a new and wholly invalid "liturgy" will takes its place.

"And from the time when the continual sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination of desolation shall be set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days" (Daniel 12:11)

1, 290 days is 3 and a half years, the reign of Anti-Christ.

Also very fascinating is to compare the vision of the Third Secret with the fall of Babylon in Apocalypse 18. The vision describes a city half in ruins, obviously Rome. Here's what the Apocalypse says about the fall of Babylon, which I have above posited as being the Anti-Church in Rome.

"As much as she hath gorified herself, and lived in delicacies, so much torment and sorrow give ye to her; because she saith in her heart: I sit a queen, and am no widow; and sorrow I shall not see. Therefore her plagues come in one day, death, and mourning, and famine, and she shall be burnt with the fire; because God is strong, who shall judge her." (Apocalypse 18:7)

I really do believe we are living in the End times, the time just before the coming of Anti-Christ. Everything is playing out in accord with prophesy, both biblical and as revealed by many Marian apparitions.

I think we are witnessing the final battle, the masterstroke of Satan. Strike the shepherds and the flock will scatter. No wonder Sister Lucia urged us so much to pray for priests, and warned that Satan would go after them. Satan's final battle plan is to corrupt the clergy and seize the papacy, thereby leading countless souls to damnation by way of obedience. Satan may well now have his man in place. Perhaps Benedict's "resignation" was the Pope's way of preserving the Church and making sure the gates of Hell do not in fact prevail. By throwing in canonical impediments and retaining the papacy low-key, the Church is preserved. Keep an eye on Benedict. St. Paul mentions that what holds back the Anti-Christ is a certain person. Who else could this be but the Holy Father?

"For the mystery of iniquity already worketh; only that he who now holdeth, do hold, until he be taken out of the way." (2 Thessalonians 2:7)

Once again look at the vision of the third secret. The bishop dressed in white, whom the seers had the impression of being the Holy Father. Great way to describe Benedict in this unprecedented situation. Then what? Rome is in ruins, and he is killed. He who holds, is taken out of the way....

We are living through the passion of the Church. Then comes the schism of Church and Anti-Church. Then comes the judgement upon apostate Rome. Then the real holy father is "taken out of the way", i.e. killed. Then comes Anti-Christ, who shall sit in the temple of God. Then comes the taking away of the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass, which lasts 3.5 years. It all kind of comes together now doesn't it?

Many have assumed that the Triumph of the Immaculate heart of Mary precedes the Anti-Christ. I think this is mistaken. All indications are that this Triumph of Mary comes AFTER the Anti-Christ and the False Prophet are cast into Hell. Scripture seems to indicate as much.

"And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet, who wrought signs before him, wherewith he seduced them who received the character of the beast, and who adored his image. These two were cast alive into the pool of fire, burning with brimstone." (Apocalypse 19:20)
"And I saw an angel coming down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit, and a great chain in his hand. And he laid hold of the dragon the old serpent, which is the devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years. And he cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should no more seduce the nations, till the thousand years be finished. And after that, he must be loosed a little time." (Apocalypse 20: 1-3)

Perhaps this thousand years described in the Apocalypse (likely a symbolic number) refers to the age of peace promised by our Lady. Following this will be the final deception of Satan and the final revolt, followed by the final judgement and the end of the world.

Then we can consider the "mark of the beast". What could this possibly be? Look into Elon Musk's "neural lace". Its essentially a very tiny microchip that could be implanted in the brain that will create an interface between the human brain and the internet. With the internet and social media as ubiquitous as they are, we are already almost functioning as a kind of "hive mind". Now imagine some world ruler comes along, and solves all our social problems, and at first encourages (and then forces) all people to uplink to this neural net, to synthesize their minds with the hive mind. One would need to be uplinked in this way to participate in any economic transactions. The trans-humanist synergy of humanity and technology comes, corrupting the image of God in man. A way for Satan to essentially "recreate" man is HIS image, subjecting his God-given mind to a Luciferian "hive mind". The lie promulgated in the garden, that man can become God without God, is seemingly fulfilled, the tower of babel reborn in a most diabolical way; one world united in one hive mind, under one world government, under one world leader, guided by one apostate ecumenical one-world religion. All very much a possibility....

Once again, this is all just speculation, and it probably sounds crazy, but it definitely makes sense of what we are going through now and seems to be a compelling understanding of prophesy. I am not at all claiming certainty with this and could be dead wrong. But, this may way be what is going on. I only post this because we are called to recognize the signs of the times, and our lady warned us about so much in her apparitions over the past centuries. I think we really need to consider this stuff and get a feel for where we may be headed....thoughts?
I won't comment on your end-times scenario (I got burned out on those some years ago), but the general picture of schism is one that I consider a possibility, though not a certainty.  I don't think it'll be Pope Francis; instead, I see it being a successor.  I believe that Pope Francis will likely continue to push the envelope, going as far as one can without falling into some certain heresy.  His successors might continue in that vein until the people are so anesthetized to erroneous teachings that a future successor of Francis might cross the line into outright heresy.  At this point, I am kind of vague about how things might proceed, but the faithful remnant will refuse peaceful and universal acceptance of said papal claimant, and a new pope will be elected to lead the remnant of the Church.  I am not saying this scenario will happen, but I think it could be a possibility, as I consider how things have progressed so far and where they might eventually lead.
I find the hypothesis interesting. Possible even. But I dunno. It just doesn't feel like we're at the end of the world.
Quote:But I dunno. It just doesn't feel like we're at the end of the world.
Well if my scenario is correct we're not at the end of the world. That won't happen until after the triumph of the Immaculate Heart promised by our lady. We may be, however, living right before the time of Anti-Christ. We are almost certainly living through the Great Apostasy, I don't think many of us here will deny that point.
[-] The following 1 user Likes 1Faith's post:
  • Some Guy
(09-12-2019, 04:20 PM)1Faith Wrote:
Quote:But I dunno. It just doesn't feel like we're at the end of the world.
Well if my scenario is correct we're not at the end of the world. That won't happen until after the triumph of the Immaculate Heart promised by our lady. We may be, however, living right before the time of Anti-Christ. We are almost certainly living through the Great Apostasy, I don't think many of us here will deny that point.

I don't personally think we're heading to Anti-Christ just yet. Great Apostasy is almost certain at this point looking at the post-conciliar Church and the upcoming Amazon Synod. After that, I think we're going to see a great chastisement followed by a restoration of the Church.
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

“Behold this Heart which has so loved men that It spared nothing, even going so far as to exhaust and consume Itself to prove to them Its love” - Our Lord to St. Margaret Mary

My blog: https://slavetothesacredhe.art.blog/

Malachi Martin was right.
[-] The following 2 users Like Augustinian's post:
  • jovan66102, Some Guy
13th June 2029 (100 years since Our Lady requested the Consecration of Russia to her Immaculate Heart) + 'Apophis' asteroid in 2029 = Great Chastisement?
This is dangerous territory, folks.
This is, as far as I can tell, nothing more than laymen giving a private interpretation.

Back during my Calvinist misadventure, I felt very strongly that Obama was the Antichrist.
I remember going over the 3.5 years thing, wondering when the “Rapture” was going to take place.
Oh how I wish I could take back those years.
We’re Catholics, not Gnostics. 
Treating the Bible like a jigsaw puzzle is not our duty, and is seriously dangerous.

Far better to just focus on faith, mortification, and charity.
Your salvation is what’s key.
This other stuff will drive you to the edge of insanity.

Far better — and harder — it is to try to advance in the stages of prayer.
Seek to draw nearer and nearer to God.
[-] The following 5 users Like FultonFan's post:
  • Augustinian, jack89, LionHippo, MagisterMusicae, SeekerofChrist
(09-12-2019, 09:15 PM)FultonFan Wrote: This is dangerous territory, folks.
This is, as far as I can tell, nothing more than laymen giving a private interpretation.

I agree.  I've avoided any speculation about today's crisis being the fulfillment of prophecy.  My only thought is that the present crisis could end in schism, though not necessarily so.  Schisms have happened before and, of course, the Antichrist didn't arise then.

Quote:Back during my Calvinist misadventure, I felt very strongly that Obama was the Antichrist.
I remember going over the 3.5 years thing, wondering when the “Rapture” was going to take place.
Oh how I wish I could take back those years.
We’re Catholics, not Gnostics. 
Treating the Bible like a jigsaw puzzle is not our duty, and is seriously dangerous.

I remember picking up a Protestant eschatology book some years back.  It was quite old and predicted that the new king of Spain, Juan Carlos I, was the Antichrist.  My mother, formerly a Protestant who is now a Catholic, used to read end-time books by one John Hagee.  I looked at one not too long ago.  He seemed to suspect Saddam Hussein.  I've heard other figures, from Stalin to Reagan, were suspected during their lifetimes.  A lot of wasted effort on those speculations, to be sure, but at least you've seen the truth and returned to the Faith.  I've seen some folks who just don't stop and keep at it, year after year.

Quote:Far better to just focus on faith, mortification, and charity.
Your salvation is what’s key.
This other stuff will drive you to the edge of insanity.

Far better — and harder — it is to try to advance in the stages of prayer.
Seek to draw nearer and nearer to God.

This is the best bit of advice for getting through our current times.  It is beyond our ability to figure these things out.  God will always carry the day, whether the end is around the corner or not.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SeekerofChrist's post:
  • FultonFan
(09-12-2019, 02:34 PM)1Faith Wrote: Thoughts?

I agree with quite a bit of it. The Church is certainly in schism already and the corruption goes right to the top, either Pope Benedict invalidly resigned or even if he did validly resign, Francis was still invalidly elected through a rigged election IMO. I do however believe things have been mitigated, because if Clinton had won the USA 2016 elections, with Francis in the Vatican it would have been the perfect storm.

As for the mark of the beast stuff, I don't know, but we do see glimpses of it with some monopolies that are forming, all they need to do is have an evil monopoly on the big banks and you will not be able to buy and sell without their say so (hence when they could introduce the mark). This is why Trump very much needs to get onto Google, Youtube, Facebook etc and break down these monopolies.

God Bless
Jesus to St Faustina:

"For you I descended from heaven to earth; for you I allowed myself to be nailed to the cross; for you I let my Sacred Heart be pierced with a lance, thus opening wide the source of mercy for you. Come, then, with trust to draw graces from this fountain. I never reject a contrite heart." (Diary, 1485)

"Remember My Passion, and if you do not believe My words, at least believe My wounds." (Diary, 379)

"It is in My Passion that you must seek light and strength." (Diary, 654)
It is absolutely true that our spiritual life is what really matters, and our lady called us to prayer and penance and of course to stay in the state of grace. That's always most important.

But I dont think its necessarily wrong to discern what's going on and read the signs of the times. Especially when various apparitions of our Lady, like our Lady of Good Success and La Salette, revealed things to the seers that are unfolding right before our eyes. It's good to know what's happening and where things are going, so that we can be ready. Were this not the case our Blessed Mother would not have given these revelations.

I readily admit everything I wrote is speculation and I dont claim it's the truth. Just trying to make sense out of the chaos that is the modern world.

At the end of the day though we ought to do what our Lady of Fatima told us; pray, do penance, sacrifice for sinners, pray the rosary every day, and make the five first Saturdays.

Sent from my SM-J260T1 using Tapatalk
[-] The following 1 user Likes 1Faith's post:
  • josh987654321