TAN Books
I only found out this morning that they're no longer Traditional Catholic. They still carry alot of good books, but now also have lot's of post V2 materials and no longer stock others that were critical of the new mass.
I found out this morning that they're having a 35% sitewide end of summer sale.  Big Grin
Great sale!  I just picked up a copy of the King James Bible as well as Martin Luther's 95 Theses from them for almost nothing.
-sent by howitzer via the breech.

God's love is manifest in the landscape as in a face.  - John Muir

I want creation to penetrate you with so much admiration that wherever you go, the least plant may bring you clear remembrance of the Creator.  A single plant, a blade of grass, or one speck of dust is sufficient to occupy all your intelligence in beholding the art with which it has been made  - Saint Basil

Heaven is under our feet, as well as over our heads. - Thoreau, Walden
(09-13-2019, 11:28 AM)Jeeter Wrote: Great sale!  I just picked up a copy of the King James Bible as well as Martin Luther's 95 Theses from them for almost nothing.

OK, in hindsight that might have been wrong.  Still funny. 

All kidding aside, what did I miss?  Their site and off site reviews still list them as traditional Catholic.
-sent by howitzer via the breech.

God's love is manifest in the landscape as in a face.  - John Muir

I want creation to penetrate you with so much admiration that wherever you go, the least plant may bring you clear remembrance of the Creator.  A single plant, a blade of grass, or one speck of dust is sufficient to occupy all your intelligence in beholding the art with which it has been made  - Saint Basil

Heaven is under our feet, as well as over our heads. - Thoreau, Walden
(09-13-2019, 11:29 AM)Jeeter Wrote:
(09-13-2019, 11:28 AM)Jeeter Wrote: Great sale!  I just picked up a copy of the King James Bible as well as Martin Luther's 95 Theses from them for almost nothing.

OK, in hindsight that might have been wrong.  Still funny. 

All kidding aside, what did I miss?  Their site and off site reviews still list them as traditional Catholic.

We, as a Catholic community, have evolved in our understanding of the term traditional Catholic.
St. Benedict Press bought TAN books about ten years ago. Now, they publish TAN books along with the largely neocon selection of books by St. Benedict Press.
[-] The following 2 users Like Credidi Propter's post:
  • Augustinian, Some Guy
(09-13-2019, 04:26 PM)Credidi Propter Wrote: St. Benedict Press bought TAN books about ten years ago. Now, they publish TAN books along with the largely neocon selection of books by St. Benedict Press.

I noticed this during their recent eBook sale. I was expecting some heavier hitting titles than the selection they had. I still got some decent titles, but I was hoping for more Angelus Press-tier stuff.
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

'Vanity of vanities, said Ecclesiastes: vanity of vanities, and all is vanity.' - Ecclesiastes 1:2

My blog: https://slavetothesacredhe.art.blog/
[-] The following 1 user Likes Augustinian's post:
  • Some Guy
Oh well, they still publish alot of good stuff
"If your heart comes to feel a natural hatred for sin, it has defeated the causes of sin and freed itself from them. Keep hell’s torments in mind; but know that your Helper is at hand. Do nothing that will grieve Him, but say to Him with tears: ‘Be merciful and deliver me, O Lord, for without Thy help I cannot escape from the hands of my enemies.’ Be attentive to your heart, and He will guard you from all evil."

- St. Isaias the Solitary

"Constant action overcomes cold; being still overcomes heat. Purity
and stillness give the correct law to all under heaven."

- Tao Te Ching 45
[-] The following 1 user Likes Florus's post:
  • Some Guy
(09-13-2019, 10:57 AM)Eric F Wrote: I only found out this morning that they're no longer Traditional Catholic. They still carry alot of good books, but now also have lot's of post V2 materials and no longer stock others that were critical of the new mass.

I think they are becoming more modernised based on what I saw on their promotion materials -- I mean the design style. 
This reflects that the management is less attached to the traditional way than their predecessors.
(09-13-2019, 11:23 PM)Florus Wrote: Oh well, they still publish alot of good stuff

That they do. You just have to be a little more discerning in what you buy from them. It used to be that if a book had “TAN” on it, you basically could buy it without even looking at the title or author, because you could count on it being trustworthy.
[-] The following 2 users Like Credidi Propter's post:
  • Eric F, jovan66102