An Oddity
In my 'New St Joseph's Sunday Missal' from Catholic Book Publishing, the Gospel for this Sunday is headed 'The Prodigal Son'. You know how in the NO sometimes a portion of a reading is in brackets and can be omitted for the 'Short Form'?

Well, guess what's bracketed in this week's Gospel? The entire story of the Prodigal Son, leaving only the story of the lost sheep and that of the woman who lost a groat and then found it that MUST be read.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

[-] The following 1 user Likes jovan66102's post:
  • antiquarian
Well, I mean, they might go over their 45 min time limit for Mass, so you've gotta skip it  Rolleyes
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

'Vanity of vanities, said Ecclesiastes: vanity of vanities, and all is vanity.' - Ecclesiastes 1:2

My blog: https://slavetothesacredhe.art.blog/
Not in the Diocese of Lincoln! I've never heard the short form used here.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

Strange, although I think I remember the prodigal son being recited some earlier Sunday this year in the NO.
"If your heart comes to feel a natural hatred for sin, it has defeated the causes of sin and freed itself from them. Keep hell’s torments in mind; but know that your Helper is at hand. Do nothing that will grieve Him, but say to Him with tears: ‘Be merciful and deliver me, O Lord, for without Thy help I cannot escape from the hands of my enemies.’ Be attentive to your heart, and He will guard you from all evil."

- St. Isaias the Solitary

"Constant action overcomes cold; being still overcomes heat. Purity
and stillness give the correct law to all under heaven."

- Tao Te Ching 45
But we must expand the lectionary into a 3 year and 2 year multi-cycle to include...not the entire Bible? Well, just make it seem like it's the entire Bible (or make that the narrative), so we can feel Biblically literate? Eh, let's just make it optional. Too much material and no one's paying attention anyway.  Cool

Except Jovan.
[-] The following 1 user Likes piscis's post:
  • antiquarian