CBD?
Does anyone else here use CBD? For those who don't know CBD is a non-intoxicating cannabinoid derived from hemp (cannabis containing less than .3% thc) which is federally legal in the United States.

I've been using a full spectrum (whole plant hemp extract) CBD tincture for a couple months now and its made a tremendously positive difference in my life. I've been a very anxious and irritable person, especially under stress, for a very long time. The CBD has almost completely taken that away. It imparts a feeling of mellow calm and well-being and has greatly improved by performance at work and my ability to deal with stressful situations.

Does anyone else here use CBD? What do you all think of CBD/Hemp?
[-] The following 1 user Likes 1Faith's post:
  • formerbuddhist
(09-16-2019, 09:36 AM)1Faith Wrote: Does anyone else here use CBD? For those who don't know CBD is a non-intoxicating cannabinoid derived from hemp (cannabis containing less than .3% thc) which is federally legal in the United States.

I've been using a full spectrum (whole plant hemp extract) CBD tincture for a couple months now and its made a tremendously positive difference in my life. I've been a very anxious and irritable person, especially under stress, for a very long time. The CBD has almost completely taken that away. It imparts a feeling of mellow calm and well-being and has greatly improved by performance at work and my ability to deal with stressful situations.

Does anyone else here use CBD? What do you all think of CBD/Hemp?
As a matter of fact I'm about to go buy some as soon as the local head shop opens.  I'm traveling and couldnt bring cannabis so the next best thing is...CBD. It works REALLY well for low level stress and anxiety and you can pass a drug test with it.  I have to quit MJ for awhile as I look for a new job out of state so CBD vapes will be my new best friend for awhile.  I'm still a cannabis guy but CBD is the next best thing.  Glad it works for you.
Walk before God in simplicity, and not in subtleties of the mind. Simplicity brings faith; but subtle and intricate speculations bring conceit; and conceit brings withdrawal from God. -Saint Isaac of Syria, Directions on Spiritual Training

"It is impossible in human terms to exaggerate the importance of being in a church or chapel before the Blessed Sacrament as often and for as long as our duties and state of life allow. I very seldom repeat what I say. Let me repeat this sentence. It is impossible in human language to exaggerate the importance of being in a chapel or church before the Blessed Sacrament as often and for as long as our duties and state of life allow. That sentence is the talisman of the highest sanctity. "Father John Hardon
Back in my party days when I timed, weed used to give me panic attacks. Once I quit my anxiety dropped. A lot of people used to say it had a weird effect on me. 

This on the other hand might be worth trying.
(09-16-2019, 12:45 PM)redneckpride4ever Wrote: Back in my party days when I timed, weed used to give me panic attacks. Once I quit my anxiety dropped. A lot of people used to say it had a weird effect on me. 

Weed tends to drop me into a relaxed headspace.  I'm an everyday smoker though, and i only have one or two puffs at a time.  It ain't for everyone though, and every strain is different in terms of effects.  CBD is the chill out effect of good cannabis without the sometimes weird effects of the THC.
Walk before God in simplicity, and not in subtleties of the mind. Simplicity brings faith; but subtle and intricate speculations bring conceit; and conceit brings withdrawal from God. -Saint Isaac of Syria, Directions on Spiritual Training

"It is impossible in human terms to exaggerate the importance of being in a church or chapel before the Blessed Sacrament as often and for as long as our duties and state of life allow. I very seldom repeat what I say. Let me repeat this sentence. It is impossible in human language to exaggerate the importance of being in a chapel or church before the Blessed Sacrament as often and for as long as our duties and state of life allow. That sentence is the talisman of the highest sanctity. "Father John Hardon
(09-16-2019, 12:45 PM)redneckpride4ever Wrote: Back in my party days when I timed, weed used to give me panic attacks. Once I quit my anxiety dropped. A lot of people used to say it had a weird effect on me. 

Same here, I've had some really bad experiences with weed, but that was years ago. But oh well, I have no intention of trying it again even though it's legal where I live.
"If your heart comes to feel a natural hatred for sin, it has defeated the causes of sin and freed itself from them. Keep hell’s torments in mind; but know that your Helper is at hand. Do nothing that will grieve Him, but say to Him with tears: ‘Be merciful and deliver me, O Lord, for without Thy help I cannot escape from the hands of my enemies.’ Be attentive to your heart, and He will guard you from all evil."

- St. Isaias the Solitary

"Constant action overcomes cold; being still overcomes heat. Purity
and stillness give the correct law to all under heaven."

- Tao Te Ching 45
Weed used to make my late husband paranoid.  He was a big guy who had, in his past, consumed large quantities of drugs and alcohol, but weed was not his friend. I have never used weed. If I want to calm down and relax, I sit quietly, maybe read, usually think about God. God thinking tends to relax me right away.
[-] The following 2 users Like MaryTN's post:
  • JacafamalaRedux, SeeTheLight
(09-16-2019, 09:36 AM)1Faith Wrote: I've been a very anxious and irritable person, especially under stress, for a very long time.

How old are you and what other substances do you use?  When did the anxiety start, approximately?