What devotions do you practice?
Question 
I find the sheer number of devotions in The Church daunting. There are so many I would like to practice, but do not know how many is too many. Obviously, God does not intend for every individual to do them all, so which ones should be the most important to us?
May God bless you and Mary keep you!
Whichever ones most interest you, to be honest. Sometimes you have to try them out for a bit to see if they're something you're fond of.

Some of the most popular ones are the Rosary, the Blessed Sacrament, the Sacred Heart, and the Brown Scapular.

You could look at the devotions in the Church like you would the various trees in Paradise, all of which we can eat from, with the Tree of Life (i.e. the cross and the Eucharist) being the most important. Some souls favor the fruits of one tree, while others don't really care for the same tree. You just need to sample what entices you until you find one you like.

I've jumped through several devotions until I became a fervent devotee to the Sacred Heart. I've received innumerable graces through the devotion and have grown far closer to Christ than before I was practicing it. Yet on the other hand, I tried the Divine Mercy devotion for a while and didn't really find much of appeal.
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Put not your trust in princes: In the children of men, in whom there is no salvation. - Ps. 145:2-3

"For there shall be a time, when they will not endure sound doctrine; but, according to their own desires, they will heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears: And will indeed turn away their hearing from the truth, but will be turned unto fables." - 2 Timothy 4:3-4
[-] The following 2 users Like Augustinian's post:
  • antiquarian, roverbeck
I pray the rosary, wear the brown scapular, and have a devotion to the Blessed Sacrament. I don't really feel the need for other devotions.
(09-17-2019, 06:36 PM)Birdie Wrote: I pray the rosary, wear the brown scapular, and have a devotion to the Blessed Sacrament. I don't really feel the need for other devotions.

What about to your own guardian angel and patron saint?
May God bless you and Mary keep you!
I ask my Confirmation saint to pray for me; I don't have a saint that I'm named after, and have never developed a devotion to my guardian angel.
(09-17-2019, 03:31 PM)roverbeck Wrote: I find the sheer number of devotions in The Church daunting.

Remember, every time this is Our Lord Jesus Christ and our Blessed Mother the Virgin Mary going above and beyond to reach out to us and to different generations.

(09-17-2019, 03:31 PM)roverbeck Wrote: There are so many I would like to practice, but do not know how many is too many.

There can never be too many. That's like saying I'm drowning at sea and there are too many life boats and supplies floating around to choose from... well grab one! start with one and then look for some more! I'll take all the help I can get!

(09-17-2019, 03:31 PM)roverbeck Wrote: Obviously, God does not intend for every individual to do them all, so which ones should be the most important to us?

I don't know what God intends, I do know I'll take all the help I can get. Personally I wear the Brown Scapular (It's the best IMO because there is no metal, therefore I cannot foresee any circumstance where I will have to take it off, except of course to shower).

I have a St Benedict's Medal attached to my Rosary, the St Benedict's medal is very powerful, I want to add a Miraculous Medal and will probably do so when I can find a good one to buy. I read a story about a Voodoo witch doctor who was palm reading or some demonic fortune telling thing, and she said "There is a coin in your bag which is preventing me." and they found and pulled out a St Benedict's Medal from her bag and she said "You need to get rid of that before I can continue."

I also usually pray a decade of the Rosary and Chaplet of Divine Mercy, which promises us many incredible graces. The more weapons and armor I have in this battle the better. We are at war and the stakes could not be higher.

"For the sake of His sorrowful passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world."

God Bless You
[-] The following 2 users Like josh987654321's post:
  • antiquarian, roverbeck