How do you afford Catholic school?
Pope Pius XI said that the primary purpose of marriage is the procreation and education of children, so money should be no object when it comes to educating children in the faith.

(09-21-2019, 03:49 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: Or, you could move to the Diocese of Lincoln! Seriously, it doesn't have to be the way you describe it. The following is taken from 'Why Aren't Other Dioceses Looking to Lincoln?' from Liturgy Guy.

Quote:A Catholic Education

While I have saved this for last, in many ways education is the primary ingredient to Lincoln’s recipe for success. Bishop Glennon Flavin’s vision for a diocese that allowed its children to go to Catholic school at an affordable cost and to be taught authentic Catholicism by religious sisters and priests is integral to the diocesan mission.

While Lincoln’s Catholic population is less than 100,000, they have provided the faithful with 27 elementary schools and 6 high schools to educate the next generation. More importantly, most diocesan schools have at least 1-2 habited sisters and all Catholic schools are staffed by at least one priest.

As noted earlier, high school theology classes are only taught by priests and religious sisters. For example, the Catholic high school in Lincoln, Pius X, has over 1200 students and is staffed by 4 religious sisters (in traditional religious habits) and 15 priests who always wear their clerics. Each newly ordained priest can expect to teach high school for at least 5 years. Priests who are assigned to parishes in smaller towns with a Catholic high school are still expected to teach as well.

Unlike other dioceses which require school masses only once a week, or in some cases once a month, each grade school in the Diocese of Lincoln is required to offer daily mass for the entire school each day.

However, there may be no better example of Lincoln’s commitment to the future than the fact that it’s diocesan schools have some of the lowest tuition costs in the entire country. As an example, St. Teresa’s Catholic School in town has an annual tuition cost of only $100 per student, and yet it is a thriving school with a habited sister as principal.

As one local explained, “These good, solid, Catholic schools are the roots of the diocese and continue to pump out religious vocations and plain good Catholics, thanks to the work of our clergy, diocesan staff, and laity.”

Oh, and our Diocesan seminary is full, too.

I wouldn't send my children to a diocesan school if they paid me tens of thousands per year. I have known countless people who have lost their faith in those places. And the cherry on top is that their parents paid for it to happen! Seriously, most of the kids I know in diocesan Catholic school aren't even Catholic. They are secular kids whose upper middle-class parents are trying to keep them out of the crappy public school system. Ever hear about the quality of teachers in the diocesan schools? It seems like they are always in the news for being gay or pregnant out of wedlock.
”What happened after the [Second Vatican] Council was something else entirely: in the place of liturgy as the fruit of development came fabricated liturgy. We abandoned the organic, living process of growth and development over centuries, and replaced it – as in a manufacturing process – with a fabrication, a banal on -the-spot product.” -- Cardinal Ratzinger, in the preface to Klaus Gambler's The Reform of the Roman Liturgy: Its Problems and Background

Messages In This Thread
How do you afford Catholic school? - by MaryTN - 09-21-2019, 02:43 AM
RE: How do you afford Catholic school? - by Zedta - 09-22-2020, 02:53 PM
RE: How do you afford Catholic school? - by I am the GOAT - 11-19-2020, 05:52 AM