Salvation through confusion?
I would say that most cases of those who are lead into error and put all the burden of responsibility for their sins on present day pastoral negligence will be spit out of our lords mouth, as many will have willfully chosen not to challenge what they know is wrong - “where their heart is, so will their treasure be”. 

I do not include the mentally incapable in this, nor well intentioned people who can reason, but who never had or have no access to resources of any kind to question otherwise (I.e missions)

Man tends by nature toward the truth. He is obliged to honor and bear witness to it: "It is in accordance with their dignity that all men, because they are persons . . . are both impelled by their nature and bound by a moral obligation to seek the truth, especially religious truth. They are also bound to adhere to the truth once they come to know it and direct their whole lives in accordance with the demands of truth. 

There is 2 thousand years of established Catholic truth that is the Church Militant in all its expanse. If you get hit by a car because the crossing guard tells you to run fast on the orange light, and you are of the age and mentality to question this, you probably should.
"Why does your teacher eat with tax collectors and sinners?" On hearing this, Jesus said, "It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. But go and learn what this means: 'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' For I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners."  Matthew 9:10-14
[-] The following 3 users Like The Tax Collector's post:
  • antiquarian, jovan66102, tonyjohnston1970

Messages In This Thread
Salvation through confusion? - by LionHippo - 10-01-2019, 10:46 PM
RE: Salvation through confusion? - by Markie Boy - 10-02-2019, 06:23 AM
RE: Salvation through confusion? - by Paul - 10-02-2019, 08:35 AM
RE: Salvation through confusion? - by Paul - 10-03-2019, 02:27 PM
RE: Salvation through confusion? - by Paul - 10-03-2019, 07:44 PM
RE: Salvation through confusion? - by The Tax Collector - 10-02-2019, 12:06 PM
RE: Salvation through confusion? - by MaryTN - 10-02-2019, 02:21 PM
RE: Salvation through confusion? - by 1Faith - 10-02-2019, 04:57 PM
RE: Salvation through confusion? - by Augustinian - 10-03-2019, 08:32 PM