Help with Morning Sickness
First of all, congrats on your pregnancy!!!

I am so sorry you’re struggling with the nausea. As others have said, you have no reason to feel guilty. You’ve given up your body for the growth and birth of this little one- that’s enough in itself.

There is morning sickness, then there’s hyperemesis gravidarium. If you’re showing signs of serious dehydration and losing weight, you should see your doctor. Zofran is pretty commonly used in pregnancy now. They can also give you IV fluids fin you need them.

For normal morning sickness, here’s what helped me:
  -fermented foods (yogurt, kefir, cabbage, kombucha, ect)
  -eating many small meals throughout the day (helped with fatigue and low blood sugar as well)
  -drinking small amounts of water all day. La croix and other similar flavored waters were nice too
  -pickled foods. I made a lot of cucumbers n’ onions with apple cider vinegar.
  -Benadryl can also decrease nausea. I took it a lot at night to take care of nausea, insomnia, and my allergies all at once, ha.
  -citrus aromatherapy. Grapefruit oil was my favorite.
  -warm bread
  -get outside for some fresh cool air
  -snacking on fresh veggies

For meal ideas, in addition to previous suggestions about letting your husband grill, do you guys have a fire pit of some kind? There are a lot of foil pack/ campfire type meals that are easy to clean up, it would get you somebody fresh air, and it would also keep food smells out of the house.

You will be in my prayers- hope you feel better soon!
I will second the Vitamin B6.  I could only find 100 mg tablets so I use a sharp knife to cut them in three pieces and take 1 piece morning, noon and evening.  I don't take the Unisom though, which I've heard is good to add if the B6 doesn't work well for you on its own.  The B6 has been a godsend for my nausea.  I also started taking a full dose of magnesium, half in the morning, half in the evening.  It helps a bit with the constipation that is so common in the first trimester.  I use Natural Calm powder.

I find smelling and tasting lemon to be nice.  

Also, very cold water or sparkling water is a lot easier to sip than room temperature water.

Also, cold fruit, sometimes I'll get cans of fruit and put them in the fridge.  That's been my first thing to eat almost every morning.  Crackers weren't as helpful this time around.
Vitamin pills made me throw up

Sent from my SM-S337TL using Tapatalk
"Not only are we all in the same boat, but we are all seasick.” --G.K. Chesterton
Your husband has an idea what you're going through; he has had nausea and can empathize with you. I'm sure he still loves you more than anyone and loves more every day that you suffer while carry his child. You shouldn't be feeling worthless.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bombero's post:
  • JacafamalaRedux